Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Excess View Post

No, should get that book?
    Yes, brings up a series of options, ideas and alternate takes on the subject of blood-drinking monsters, blood & more, most definitely worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Excess View Post
      Perhaps one more question to close off this thread. The part neglected. You debated on what would occur if it happened, how does it happen? What should be the mechanics for the actual transition?
      Like, the mechanics would probably a child being sired which instead of having the Discipline spread, attributes and Bane of the sire's original Clan, has the spread, attributes and Bane of the new clan instead. Reasons for why it could happen may be a) having enough members of the Bloodline within the Clan that they have either some metaphysical impact or just enough Embraces to cause a mutation within the Blood b) Diablerie (like always) c) divine/diabolical intervention, as some powerful entity gets involved and cements the powers of the Bloodline as a Clan.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
        Like, the mechanics would probably a child being sired which instead of having the Discipline spread, attributes and Bane of the sire's original Clan, has the spread, attributes and Bane of the new clan instead. Reasons for why it could happen may be a) having enough members of the Bloodline within the Clan that they have either some metaphysical impact or just enough Embraces to cause a mutation within the Blood b) Diablerie (like always) c) divine/diabolical intervention, as some powerful entity gets involved and cements the powers of the Bloodline as a Clan.

Hmmm, might Breaking Points and Bane formation play some sort of role on this? Now i'm thinking of a kindred that somehow ends erasing its clan weakness instead of a bane upon rising Humanity or some similar phenomena....

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
          Hmmm, might Breaking Points and Bane formation play some sort of role on this? Now i'm thinking of a kindred that somehow ends erasing its clan weakness instead of a bane upon rising Humanity or some similar phenomena....
          Kindred don't lose or suppress Banes by increasing their Humanity. But there might very well be a relationship between Clan Banes and taken Banes since both appear when the vampire falls in Humanity, unlike Bloodline Curses that appear upon joining a Bloodline.

Bloodline: The Stygians
          Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
          Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post

Kindred don't lose or suppress Banes by increasing their Humanity. But there might very well be a relationship between Clan Banes and taken Banes since both appear when the vampire falls in Humanity, unlike Bloodline Curses that appear upon joining a Bloodline.

So there's no way to undo banes once acquired? Will admit that 2e mechanics are far from my forte, partly due to lack of a group since late 1e.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
              So there's no way to undo banes once acquired? Will admit that 2e mechanics are far from my forte, partly due to lack of a group since late 1e.
              Bane acquisition is one of the Trait-agnostic markers for character progression in Vampire. (The other big one being elders' extra Anchor and tweaked relation to the Touchstone systems.)

Resident Lore-Hound
              Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                Bane acquisition is one of the Trait-agnostic markers for character progression in Vampire. (The other big one being elders' extra Anchor and tweaked relation to the Touchstone systems.)

Goes to show how much i need to separate some weekend for a 2e reading binge/marathon of sorts i think.

Comment

Working...
                X