Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a conceivable way that vampires could learn how to use strix' powers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a conceivable way that vampires could learn how to use strix' powers?

I include dread powers, embodiments and innate abilities like doom sense. Getting possessed by Strix doesn't count in itself and "learn" may be the wrong word.
    Last edited by Spencer from The Hills; 04-01-2021, 02:59 PM.

Given the mutability and transmission of the Curses? Probably.

I wouldn't even know what the path to that would entail, though drawing the parallel between the Kindred's "Beast" and Strix in a metaphysically plausible way and then going through the Claiming ala Belial's Brood's methodology seems like a decent start, and in fact I wouldn't dare suggest it's possible by any means that does not include surrendering to the Beast.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

A vampire who get Embraced by a strix possessed vampire (or even by a strix itself) may also have some affinity for their strange powers. I think such example was given somewhere in the game, but I can't remember in which book.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer from The Hills View Post
        I include dread powers, embodiments and innate abilities like doom sense. Getting possessed by Strix doesn't count in itself and "learn" may be the wrong word.

Assuming you can develop a way to trap, touch and cut the Strix, you theoretically could use the Scale from Coil of Zirnitra to steal it's powers.
        Last edited by Horodrigo; 04-01-2021, 09:28 PM.

Homebrews:
        Vampire Bloodlines: Abhartach, Kiasyd
        Ordo Dracul Coils: Hunger, Primal Blood
        Mage Legacies: Infernal Ones, Daoine

Comment

A forbidden Mystery or Discipline that royally fucked with the vampire's Humanity upon developing and progressing would probably be a good option for something like this, as might a lost, hidden, or just deeply mistrusted Blood Sorcery (possibly one of any of the above taught by the Strix themselves, at a hefty price) but seconding the Strix-spawned vampires and things pertaining to Belial's Brood as well.

I've got a bit of a bad habit of extensively editing my posts after the fact. Please try and bear with me...
          In case you're comfortable being more friendly and casual about things, my name's Estella, or Es/Essie for short. They/Them or She/Her, please.

Comment

Sure, it's called ST fiat.

Comment

Thanks. For what I have in mind, I think that a disembodiment innate clan/bloodline discipline and Geist ceremonies kind of fit.

Comment

Things that could conceivably grant Strix Dread Powers and/or Embodiments:
                A Bloodline could either steal, replicate, or straight up grant them through their Bloodline Gift.
                A Coil of the Dragon could lead to becoming more Strix-like, and a Scale in the same Mystery cluld be used to steal such powers.
                A Crúac ritual could be used to grant such powers temporarily or allow the vampire to steal them from a Strix. An extremely heretical Theban Sorcery ritual could do the same.
                An uncommon Discipline could do it. The kind of Discipline that isn't exclusive to any Bloodline but also not one of those that can be developed spontaneously. Like Breath-Drinking from Mythologies.
                Speaking of which, Breath-Drinking could be the basis for a set of Devotions that replicate Embodiments/Dread Powers. The idea being that Breath-Drinking is innately tied to the Strix somehow, so having learned it you could develop to be even closer to Strix.
                Surviving repeated possession by Strix could lead to Dread Powers "sticking around" after the Strix had left. I'd model it as a Merit with "former Strix host" as a prereq.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

There already is a Mystery that replicates some abilities of the Strix (Polyphonte), so yes its absolutely possible to learn heir secrets. It just takes experimentation and the discarding of your value of Humanity.

Comment

I had the Unholy have some of their powers (and feathers) as a result of Diablerizing one. Nobody asked how.
                    Last edited by Craig Oxbrow; 04-06-2021, 06:15 PM.

Craig Oxbrow
                    The Trinity Continuum freelancer

Comment

Well, I guess that when you deal with the Unholy, you care less about how can she do those weird things and more about how not to die

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

It is already canon that you can gain some of their powers. It is the pinnacle of Protean. Emulating form and practice, the implications are severe. Just make a bunch of Devotions that use Protean five.

Comment

If anyone wants mechanics on acquiring strix powers, I'd say Bloodlines: The Devotion is worth a look. That book's update of the Therion bloodline also included an update of Investments from Belial's Brood 1e, letting kindred purchase Strix Dread Powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Excess View Post
                            It is already canon that you can gain some of their powers. It is the pinnacle of Protean. Emulating form and practice, the implications are severe. Just make a bunch of Devotions that use Protean five.
                            It s true, you can pseido breath drink in this form, the text also says that somethimes you can see yellow eyes in the mist

Comment

II Suggested a custom coil that gives access to the strixes powers.

Comment

Working...
                              X