Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VTR2nd Chain of command to yourself

Hello there!
    So I had an argument with my party with the chain of command.
    Can you do dominate to yourself with chain of command?
    If I give the command to my ghoul or other vampire to dominate my self?

Originally posted by R1pftw View Post
    Hello there!
    So I had an argument with my party with the chain of command.
    Can you do dominate to yourself with chain of command?
    If I give the command to my ghoul or other vampire to dominate my self?
    I would allow it although it's a bit weird you are rolling against yourself. You can also argue you don't need to resist as you are letting yourself being mesmerized.

Comment

If the other vampire or ghoul uses their own dice pool to attempt to dominate your character I'd allow it. But no, I don't allow you to dominate yourself.

Comment

I feel like I need context on why a vampire might do this before commentating upon the feasibility of it. My ruling at a table on such would be dependent on where the story's been and where we might have it go.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
          I feel like I need context on why a vampire might do this before commentating upon the feasibility of it. My ruling at a table on such would be dependent on where the story's been and where we might have it go.
          I can see few reasons but still some. You may want to forget some dark secret before (or when) being inquired.
          Last edited by Marcus; 04-03-2021, 04:19 AM.

Comment

If the base idea is to Dominate yourself rather than it having it specifically be through this Devotion, you could just create a Merit for that.
            I'd design it as a two dot Merit with three dots of Dominate as prereq. Allows you to use Dominate 3 (and 4 if you have that dot) on yourself. Rather than eye contact and vocal commands it would instead require intense concentration and shutting out distractions, making it just as obvious you're doing something if you were to attempt it in front of people.

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus View Post

I can see few reasons but still some. You may want to forget some dark secret before (or when) being inquired.
              I feel like even if that's the case, there's still further context that's needed.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
              Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Working...
              X