Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st edition books and and 2e: Setting, Bloodlines, Disciplines and creatures.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st edition books and and 2e: Setting, Bloodlines, Disciplines and creatures.

Greetings,

I have a lot of questions regarding Ancient Bloodlines and second edition:
    1. Ancient Bloodlines: Are there any plans to convert the bloodlines there to 2e?
    2. Ancient Bloodlines: Are any plans to convert Kindred Vodoun to 2e? And to update the New Orleans setting with it?
      I loved the Vodoun aspect but it was confusing when you already have been using the New Orleans setting. One of the major plot points in New Orleans is that Baron Cimitiere wishes to create a new blood magic that is vodoun-based (and a whole Covenant to go with it), and then comes Ancient Bloodlines and says: "Well, that thing you wanted to make? That thing already exists, it is well known, and established; and you being embraced in Haiti should already know it."
      It also seems appropriate for Cimitiere to try to obtain the "Eye of Ghede" from the Apollinaire bloodline.
    3. Ancient Bloodlines: Will Mérges Sorcery be updated?
      With Virtues/Vices no longer being part of the vampire condition remove the "fueled by anger" aspect (and bonuses) from it. Any plans to update this blood magic?
    4. Ancient Bloodlines: Will the Edimmu come back? And what relationship they have with the Strix, if any?
      Love those guys, and seem the perfect Strix counter, in a horrible way for Vampires.
    5. Immortal Sinners: Lithopedia and its maker are awesome, but how does it work (thematically) with Coil of the Quintessence?
      Lithopedia is fantastic, but it has strong overlap with the Coil of the Quintessence, actually, many 1st edition disciplines overlap (to a larger or lesser degree) too: Gilded Cage, Institutionalize, Tenure.

I know those are many questions, but I really loved some things from the 1st edition, and would loathe to see them gone forever.

Originally posted by lbeaumanior View Post
    Greetings,

I have a lot of questions regarding Ancient Bloodlines and second edition:
    1. Ancient Bloodlines: Are there any plans to convert the bloodlines there to 2e?
    2. Ancient Bloodlines: Are any plans to convert Kindred Vodoun to 2e? And to update the New Orleans setting with it?
      I loved the Vodoun aspect but it was confusing when you already have been using the New Orleans setting. One of the major plot points in New Orleans is that Baron Cimitiere wishes to create a new blood magic that is vodoun-based (and a whole Covenant to go with it), and then comes Ancient Bloodlines and says: "Well, that thing you wanted to make? That thing already exists, it is well known, and established; and you being embraced in Haiti should already know it."
      It also seems appropriate for Cimitiere to try to obtain the "Eye of Ghede" from the Apollinaire bloodline.
    3. Ancient Bloodlines: Will Mérges Sorcery be updated?
      With Virtues/Vices no longer being part of the vampire condition remove the "fueled by anger" aspect (and bonuses) from it. Any plans to update this blood magic?
    4. Ancient Bloodlines: Will the Edimmu come back? And what relationship they have with the Strix, if any?
      Love those guys, and seem the perfect Strix counter, in a horrible way for Vampires.
    5. Immortal Sinners: Lithopedia and its maker are awesome, but how does it work (thematically) with Coil of the Quintessence?
      Lithopedia is fantastic, but it has strong overlap with the Coil of the Quintessence, actually, many 1st edition disciplines overlap (to a larger or lesser degree) too: Gilded Cage, Institutionalize, Tenure.

I know those are many questions, but I really loved some things from the 1st edition, and would loathe to see them gone forever.
    Officially? No. There really aren't any plans for conversions (at least publicly), except on a case by case basis, depending on what the developer wants to do with any hypothetical book.

However, I've got a few books up on the Storytellers Vault that convert Kindred Vodoun and the Eye of Ghede (care of falco1029, who has numerous Blood Sorcery updates in his catalogue), as well as updates of Lithopedia, Institutionalize, and Tenure (and soon, Gilded Cage). With Lithopedia, we touched on the Coil of Quintessence as an aside, but we didn't really go into how they interact.

I do have plans to do an entire Ancient Bloodlines update book, but that's a bit of a ways down the road. That said, Merges Sorcery might end up in the Gangrel book we'll be doing. Edit: NO BAD WRONG BRAIN NO WORK.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 04-08-2021, 06:00 PM.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
    Masquiem: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2nd
    Storytellers Vault: Author Page

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
      I do have plans to do an entire Ancient Bloodlines update book, but that's a bit of a ways down the road. That said, Merges Sorcery might end up in the Gangrel book we'll be doing.
      Wait, Merges Sorcery in a Gangrel book? That's... unexpected

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post

Indeed, but kind of fits, considering Merges (if memory tricks me not) springs from the consumption of hazardous substances to manipulate & amplify some of their qualities in the form of curses and rituals. That does resonate in interesting ways with how 2e Protean works i think.

Comment

Actually, Merges Sorcery is based around distilling negative emotions into poisons from what I can recall (Merges was even stated to mean "angry, iirc), which serve as the "metaphysical substance" for it (hence Intimidation as the corresponding skill). Now, having a sorcery based around distillations of anger and spite does resonate with the Gangrel to some degree (with them being close to the Beast and all), but still it is a surprising thing to see (I personally prefer the Iltani as a covenant than a bloodline, but that's another discussion)

I now blog in here

Comment

Actually, Merges Sorcery is based around distilling negative emotions into poisons from what I can recall (Merges was even stated to mean "angry, iirc), which serve as the "metaphysical substance" for it (hence Intimidation as the corresponding skill). Now, having a sorcery based around distillations of anger and spite does resonate with the Gangrel to some degree (with them being close to the Beast and all), but still it is a surprising thing to see (I personally prefer the Iltani as a covenant than a bloodline, but that's another discussion)
            I actually have no problem with them being a bloodline exactly because they have such millenia old fog-enshrouded roots, times and places where the blood pooled, spread and twisted in obscure, misunderstood and almost incomprehensible ways. A group of vampires losing their original clan identities to become something else definitely fits, imho.

As an aside - goddamn, Spoiling. This brings questions and ideas in relation to them and the Vedma among others.
            Yeah, looks like i have gone too long without re-reading Ancient Mysteries & Bloodlines.
            Last edited by Baaldam; 04-07-2021, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Unexpected and untrue, as it turns out. I’m an idiot and was mixing up Merges Sorcery with the Mystikoi bloodline. Why? Because they both start with M and I didn’t bother to double check what the hell I was taking about. We DO have plans for Merges Sorcery, just not in a Gangrel book.

[Sigh]

Look, there are a lot of bloodlines, okay? I can’t keep them all in my head! I’m one man!

I need a vacation...

Comment

Look, there are a lot of bloodlines, okay? I can’t keep them all in my head! I’m one man!

I need a vacation...
                I get that feeling, but I also want to see more of your (and your group's) material, so... yep*.

At any case, I would be excited to see your update for Merges Sorcery whenever you'll update it. I've had my own first draft of updating it, with tying it to the Edimmu in the same way that Cruac is tied to the Owls (because the Embodiment system needs more entities, IMO), so I'm interested to see to which direction you would take it!

*Seriously, the main reason I sell STV products beside just me enjoying to write them is in order to save money for your books, so I'm looking forward towards whatever you and your team would write next, even if it may take a while

I now blog in here

Comment

Officially? No. There really aren't any plans for conversions (at least publicly), except on a case by case basis, depending on what the developer wants to do with any hypothetical book.

However, I've got a few books up on the Storytellers Vault that convert Kindred Vodoun and the Eye of Ghede (care of falco1029, who has numerous Blood Sorcery updates in his catalogue), as well as updates of Lithopedia, Institutionalize, and Tenure (and soon, Gilded Cage). With Lithopedia, we touched on the Coil of Quintessence as an aside, but we didn't really go into how they interact.

I do have plans to do an entire Ancient Bloodlines update book, but that's a bit of a ways down the road. That said, Merges Sorcery might end up in the Gangrel book we'll be doing. Edit: NO BAD WRONG BRAIN NO WORK.
                  Thanks for the answer. Can you detail which books have what content? To see if I can get some money for it.

Comment

I get that feeling, but I also want to see more of your (and your group's) material, so... yep*.

At any case, I would be excited to see your update for Merges Sorcery whenever you'll update it. I've had my own first draft of updating it, with tying it to the Edimmu in the same way that Cruac is tied to the Owls (because the Embodiment system needs more entities, IMO), so I'm interested to see to which direction you would take it!

*Seriously, the main reason I sell STV products beside just me enjoying to write them is in order to save money for your books, so I'm looking forward towards whatever you and your team would write next, even if it may take a while
                    Our Ancient Bloodlines update is likely a ways off (this is what I get for adding a "coming next" in Bloodlines: The Devoted), but it should be really cool. Kind of Dark Eras pinned to bloodlines (so, a lot like the original).

Comment

Originally posted by lbeaumanior View Post

Thanks for the answer. Can you detail which books have what content? To see if I can get some money for it.
                      Sure!

Bloodlines: The Resurrected: Tenure, Kindred Voudon, numerous other necromancy-themed Disciplines
                      Bloodlines: The Devoted: Morotrophians/Institutionalize
                      Strange Shades: Mekhet: Csalad/Lithopedia
                      False Gods: Ventrue (coming very soon): Malocusians (also thematically relevant), Gilded Cage

All are available for a discount with this bundle: https://www.storytellersvault.com/pr...-Bundle-BUNDLE

Comment

False Gods: Ventrue (coming very soon)
                        Sorry about this, but I gotta know. Do you have an estimate on when this book's coming out?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Lord Potato View Post
                          Sorry about this, but I gotta know. Do you have an estimate on when this book's coming out?
                          No later than next month, but I can't be more specific than that. Maybe this month if the stars align, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Just in time for the 13th anniversary of Lords Over the Damned, incidentally.

Comment

Working...
                          X