Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to Ghoul other supernaturals and failling in a interesting way.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to Ghoul other supernaturals and failling in a interesting way.

So, my players always end up hunting or being hunted by other supernaturals. Sometimes friendship and betrayal happens between them.
    I know that other supernatural are not suceptible to being Ghouled, but I'm trying to get some ideas of what would happen instead.

Why a Kindred would try to Ghoul someone? Simply put, Ghouls are immortal as long as they continue to be a Ghoul, most diseases also cease to advance, even severe ones like Cancer, they also can heal spending Vitae. Some supernaturals would like the longevity or the other benefits of it.

So, I'm asking for ideas of interesting things to happen to those (un)fortunate supernatural fellows who venture into drinking Vitae.

Homebrews:
    Vampire Homebrews
    Mage Legacies: Infernal Ones, Daoine

Aside from them being at risk of Vitae addiction? There's always room for weird, one-off powers as the Blood mingles with the alien nature of whatever's drinking it. A more specific (and relatively boring) answer would be that a mage might pick up some weird insight into the Death arcanum, or a master in particular might puzzle out a strange new rote. And there's always the fact that recurring doses will gradually stain the would-be ghoul with new resonances of Blood, Addiction, and similar, drawing the attention of spirits (or weirder creatures) who might like those things.

At my hypothetical table though? I might just be a little simple and allow the ghouling to take place after a fashion anyway, depending on the supernatural creature in question. If the player was willing to negotiate the territory of being under the sway of a vampire, hooked on potentially the most addictive substance in the entire setting, and needing to regularly do potentially unsavory things in order to keep the sweet Vitae flowing and keep the clock stuck in place, that's on them.

I've got a bit of a bad habit of extensively editing my posts after the fact. Please try and bear with me...
    In case you're comfortable being more friendly and casual about things, my name's Estella, or Es/Essie for short. They/Them or She/Her, please.

Comment

Supernaturals are still susceptible to becoming thralls in a vinculum.

Comment

Originally posted by tsusasi View Post
        Supernaturals are still susceptible to becoming thralls in a vinculum.
        Yeah, in this case, the players are the Kindred, they already form some full vinculli with other supernaturals, but they are trying to ghoul them, so they will not die from old age and stuff(one of the supernaturals is a really old man).

So, for this experiment, assume the other supernaturals are already thralled or don't care about drinking vampire blood. Some of them even want the benefits of being a Ghoul (Not aging, end of time based diseases, ability to heal wounds with Vitae, capacity to learn Disciplines, etc)

The destination that I'm looking for this post is some form of immortality for other supernaturals.
        Here are some thoughts on the subject so far.

Awakened:
        Working from what Sconce said, an Awakened picking up some sort of new Rote would be cool. It also could led to subtle shifts in the mage pattern, that could evolve into a new legacy, if the mage work into make something like this. I didn't find anything linking the Kindred to the Abyss, so I will not suggest something that link the two in this situation. Reading the Tremere, the Awakened soul rejects the Embrace, and ghouling is a little linked to the Embrace, that's why I think they can't ghoul the mage imediatelly, but mages have this incredible capacity of shaping their souls to accept strange phenomenon and circunstances. If the legacy is the way to go, something that would turn the mage into a Lich seems likely.

Lost:
        Probably one really tricky thing to do. changelings are part of the Wyrd and vampires are not, so a kind of Oath with one another in a supernatural level seems difficult without the medium of strange magics, again, an Awakened could facilitate here, in Dark Eras 2 they have a spell that lets a changeling treat a supernal creature as a hobgoblin for pacts, so it's not hard to theorize something similar to treat the Kindred as hobgoblins. But without Awakened intervention, the Vitae inserted into changelings trying to ghoul them is trying to preserve something that, from my understanding, is eternally changing, the Wyrd is ever changing, so are the changelings, but maybe the pervasive nature of Vitae could point a Lost in the direction of a strange Entitlement. Some Entitlements extened imensely the life expectancy of the Lost, but something like The Countess of the Blood(reference to Barthory) could probably include a boon of immortality and eternal youth.

Forsaken:
        Due to my lack of experience with Werewolf, I neither know why they would seek immortality or even how their powers and supernatural capacities could be twisted into granting them that. Probably something linked to a Spirit, but I don't think that the Kindred Vitae would attract the right kind of Spirit.
        Last edited by Horodrigo; 04-10-2021, 05:09 PM.

Homebrews:
        Vampire Homebrews

Comment

Originally posted by Horodrigo View Post
          The destination that I'm looking for this post is some form of immortality for other supernaturals.
          Here are some thoughts on the subject so far.

Awakened:
          Working from what Sconce said, an Awakened picking up some sort of new Rote would be cool. It also could led to subtle shifts in the mage pattern, that could evolve into a new legacy, if the mage work into make something like this. I didn't find anything linking the Kindred to the Abyss, so I will not suggest something that link the two in this situation. Reading the Tremere, the Awakened soul rejects the Embrace, and ghouling is a little linked to the Embrace, that's why I think they can't ghoul the mage imediatelly, but mages have this incredible capacity of shaping their souls to accept strange phenomenon and circunstances. If the legacy is the way to go, something that would turn the mage into a Lich seems likely.
          Now that you spoke of it, i think i remember someone mentioning in an old thread something in one of the older books about a Lower Depths/undead host intrusion that might be interpreted as a link between the kindred, in fact. A gate or tower of bone? Damn, so many years....

About the Tremere, what was attempted on them was probably much closer to the "diablerie of the living" akin to the apocryphal/forbidden Coil of the Locust of the Ordo Dracul than embrace, so probably not the best correlation. Maybe some legacy with elements of the Sons of Phobos or Bloodbathers?
          Last edited by Baaldam; 04-10-2021, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Horodrigo View Post

Awakened:Reading the Tremere, the Awakened soul rejects the Embrace
            Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

About the Tremere, what was attempted on them was probably much closer to the "diablerie of the living" akin to the apocryphal/forbidden Coil of the Locust of the Ordo Dracul than embrace, so probably not the best correlation.
            I wanna point out that this outlook on the Tremere is a fair bit outdated. In their current incarnation, there's a proposal that vampires might have been involved in enslaving them in the distant past, because they were definitely enslaved by something out of the menagerie of horrors that they imprisoned and tortured, and that apparently included vampires, but the transformation into replacing their Gnosis with Hollow that gives them unique qualities including power over souls at the cost of their own involved them freeing a mysterious entity that they refer to as a Dragon. Initiation into the Tremere (which is no longer even a Legacy) isn't a matter of some kind of contamination, but feeding an Awakened soul to that Dragon and possessing the will to not be turned into a ravening monster by what comes next.

What association with vampires the Tremere currently have is a matter of regarding all monsters native to the Fallen World as a particularly insidious part of the Lie to be opposed and destroyed, and a specific antipathy for vampires as beings that can remove or consume souls (which I presume is referring mostly to diablerie, although they might retain a Bloodline Discipline or two that can steal souls), which the Tremere regard as their exclusive property for which they will not brook competing predators.

I thought one of Requiem Second Edition's supplements specifically referred to the matter of ghoul mages?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
            Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
              I thought one of Requiem Second Edition's supplements specifically referred to the matter of ghoul mages?
              I was looking for this, but didn't found.

Homebrews:
              Vampire Homebrews

Comment

Working...
              X