Repurposing the Belial Brood 1ed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ur-Than View Post
    I dig the way you basically replaced the True Black Hand and the antediluvians by the Striges, it does works wonder. Do they keep a religious undertone in your work or do you prefer them to have a more mundane approach when selling their activities to disfranchised Vampires ?

I guess it's also depends on how many independants there is in your Chronicles - Requiem seems to make them really marginalized players, the bottom of the social ladder or the top guys who are so old nobody dares touching them when they are awake.
    A lot of members of the upper echeleons of the sabbath practicate infernalism some of them as some form of religion as faith can be a source of essence for them but they don´t try to sell that to newcomers.

Their sales pitch is directed to the underdog of the system:Unalighned , Sireless neonates , low rank members of a convenant , diablerist etc... Also they mass embrace as they can (in my games it cost experiencie instead of auto losing humanity wich is why some vampires are more fertile than others)

Sabbath recruit by offering a scape from the blood bond , a family in the vaulderie and an bad excuse to be evil it´s all the elders fault
    Last edited by Leandro16; 06-11-2021, 03:22 PM.

https://www.deviantart.com/cicerondixit/gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Leandro16 View Post

A lot of members of the upper echeleons of the sabbath practicate infernalism some of them as some form of religion as faith can be a source of essence for them but they don´t try to sell that to newcomers.

Their sales pitch is directed to the underdog of the system:Unalighned , Sireless neonates , low rank members of a convenant , diablerist etc... Also they mass embrace as they can (in my games it cost experiencie instead of auto losing humanity wich is why some vampires are more fertile than others)

Sabbath recruit by offering a scape from the blood bond , a family in the vaulderie and an bad excuse to be evil it´s all the elders fault

I don't relly remember if Infernalism was added to the CofD settings... if not, do you mainly uses the Fallen and other WofD elements or do you have crafted a whole mystical side ?

As a side note, just reading the Belial brood book again, I just loves how even in-Covenant, they are fractious and unable to come up with a singular origin, while most of the others can do so, at least relatively speaking.

Comment

Having never had much taste for VtR's explosion of bloodlines as a book sales engine, I think I'd prefer to scrap the Therion and the role they play in prolonging the viability of Forsworn cults.

Instead, I'd bring Resonances to the Adversary (mentioned in the recruitment chapter of the old Belial's Brood book) to the forefront and leverage their role in bringing in replacement vampires. It is the Resonance that issues the Call, lures the Kindred to itself, and teaches the Cathexis.

This allows a model where, in the absence of a special Bloodline that breaks the Humanity mechanic to keep them functioning, the Brood burn out bright and fast, never lasting long enough to end the world, but always returning years later with a new lineup of membership, because Kindred keep getting corrupted either singly or in whole coteries by exposure to the CoD equivalent of the Darkhold. The Resonances want to be seen, held, and used - exploited even - because their function is to complete Kindred's moral ruin for reasons that remain mysterious.

Part of the appeal of this kitbash, to me, is its laziness. I'm literally just removing what doesn't interest me and letting what remains close up the hole organically.
        Last edited by Reasor; 09-12-2021, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
          The Tenth Choir are basically a gnostic cult of vampires which hunts after both demons and angels (in the very loose definition of those terms) which seems to be geared towards killing God or something of those lines, wielding a form of blood sorcery called Therion.
          This is your regular reminder than the Tenth Choir did nothing wrong, btw.

But yeah, in the view of the OP, i feel like the Tenth Choir handily answers it.

Kelly R.S. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Working...
          X