Customizing Revenant Disciplines and mechanics for solo campaign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hastur00 View Post
    I was also trying to shy away from heavy political intrigue, as my player isn't super into that. I didn't want to spend energy plotting against myself for little gain.
    It may be to your advantage to narrow down the participating clans and covenants to the ones she's interested in interacting with and/or lean into the mortal/more-mortal extensions of the All Night Society (i.e. ghouls, blood dolls, other revenants, etc).

Political intrigue notwithstanding, remember that vampires typically inhabit a society with its own extensive history and connections; in a city this small, lineages take up space or have been sectioned off from elsewhere.

The only power I really think is mandatory to have around is Dominate, for memory manipulation, and for an available This Happens Now button.
    Sounds like a great market to have cornered by a local scion of some Ventrue dynasty and/or The One Establishment Member In Town Running Cleanup.
    I'm not a huge fan of Bloodlines anyway, so I won't have that whole salad bar around.
    Never mind the salad bar, bloodlines are great for emphasizing the niche a group of vampires have found for themselves, particularly if it brings a clan Discipline into the area that's otherwise absent.

That reminds me; did Schrecknet ever get an update to Requiem?
    I know next to nothing about the finer details of Schrecknet, but don't forget about the Cacophony as a medium of communication.

All that said, since you're effectively running a prelude anyway and the Strix are about town as well, it may be wise to just have her period of revenance be a weirdly delayed settling-in from one of the Owls doing their spreading-curses-like-mosquitoes deal with local Daeva blood. (I've remarked elsewhere that the Daeva are arguably the most neonate-friendly clan and that, by the same token, the Serpents are the easiest clan to bring into conflict with traditionally-motivated Owls.)

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
      I imagine the Great Lakes as a whole could serve as something of an interesting "border/neutral zone", and springboard for action of sorts, to kinds of all secret shenanigans, mundane or supernatural, in the large number of cities touching on it, on their own.
      Who knows what comes and goes from the lake to city , not to mention secrets or unknowns hidden in its depths - or across multiple cities/domains, states or countries. They have almost 1/10th of the surface area of the Mediterranean Sea and serve as "water buffer" in part of the border of two among the world's largest countries.
      Excellent point. In the future I'll start giving lake Erie shipping and border surveillance a look.
      I have wondered idly before if the Great lakes had any material in Blood-Dimmed Tides.

I played around with an idea that there's a colony of Nosferatu or some other weirdies living in submerged and/or air-filled caves under lake Erie left behind by dissolved salt seams.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
        It may be to your advantage to narrow down the participating clans and covenants to the ones she's interested in interacting with and/or lean into the mortal/more-mortal extensions of the All Night Society (i.e. ghouls, blood dolls, other revenants, etc).
        Okay, well, I'm DEFINITELY gonna do this☝️.
        Can't believe it didn't occur to me sooner. Now that I've got a fairly fleshed out idea about the kindred, the ghouls etc. should come more easily.

remember that vampires typically inhabit a society with its own extensive history and connections; in a city this small, lineages take up space or have been sectioned off from elsewhere.
        Sounds like a great market to have cornered by a local scion of some Ventrue dynasty and/or The One Establishment Member In Town Running Cleanup.
        I'm already working exactly along these lines, thanks for the validation 😁

it may be wise to just have her period of revenance be a weirdly delayed settling-in from one of the Owls doing their spreading-curses-like-mosquitoes deal with local Daeva blood. (I've remarked elsewhere that the Daeva are arguably the most neonate-friendly clan and that, by the same token, the Serpents are the easiest clan to bring into conflict with traditionally-motivated Owls.)
        As it stands now, the Strix are already part of the correlation/causation feedback loop that's f*****g up the city in general and the protagonist in particular. The city tends to draw aimless Strix, but they either get redirected elsewhere or get nommed. Two of them have Claimed Daeva.

Speaking of Strix in general OR particular, if anybody has any quick thoughts on them, I'd appreciate it. I've never really played with them, and the ones I've tentatively placed and fleshed out, while they fit the city's established structure so far, are almost cartoonishly benevolent to the locals by Strix standards. One Claimed the prince long ago, and the other two are book examples, the Beloved Teacher Inhabiting basically a Morotrophian and... that odd eager-to-please Neonate? (AFB)
        Last edited by Hastur00; 09-03-2021, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Remember that Strix are even more volatile (eh) than Kindred, and that they can - and often will - react extremely violently to anything they perceive as un-monstrous or unbefitting of a true Vampire (i.e., themselves).

Perhaps your prince will one night declare that all "impure Blood" must be purged from the city, leading to a region-wise hunt of any revenants, ghouls and possibly some clans the Strix hates. Said actions could also lead to a good all uprising against him because the other established vampires are fed up with his whimsical behavior and the ghouls and targeted clan actually play a huge role in the local economy and power structure.

Meanwhile, other Strix may just want to burn the whole place down. It has "corrupted" one of their own, who believe he truly is a Prince instead of a shadow-like demon owl, after all.

Comment

Working...
          X