Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Night Horrors - Wicked Dead: could a Careful Predator be a playable character?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Horrors - Wicked Dead: could a Careful Predator be a playable character?

If some Draugr retain sentience, speech and the ability to use complex skills, could a Draugr be played - more or less as a Morality 0 character can be played as a Slasher?
    Expecially if it has the Careful Predator archetipe and a Vice more complex than Wrath or Gluttony ( probably Envy, Pride and Greed would be the best choices ).

By the way, if a Slasher gets embraced, it becomes a Draugr?

If you decide to go to this very murky territory, I would recommend giving a look at 2e version of Belial's Brood in Night Horrors: Spilled Blood. It is the closest you'll ever get to "playable draugr", officially at least.

As for Embraced slashers- well, slashers are soulless, while vampires do generally have a soul- I am not sure if draugr also lack a soul, but if they do than yeah, I guess that a slasher becoming a draugr would make the most sense. Otherwise, maybe a larvae or another form of mindless vampirism would work.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Haven't Vices and Virtues been dropped for Vampires in 2ed ? I haven't really played a game in a long time now but I could have sworn it was the case...

Comment

Originally posted by Ur-Than View Post
        Haven't Vices and Virtues been dropped for Vampires in 2ed ? I haven't really played a game in a long time now but I could have sworn it was the case...
        The only splat with Virtue and Vice instead of a different set of Anchors are mages, demons, and hunters.

Resident Lore-Hound
        Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

Comment

Morality instead of Integrity, Virtue & Vice instead of Masque & Dirge, refers directly to five of the seven deadly sins, and discusses a topic from a 1e book. This is clearly posted from a 1e position.

As mentioned, Belial's Brood from Spilled Blood is pretty close to playable draugr. But it's from the second edition, and if I'm going to be honest I don't think their rules are any good.

Unless I'm forgetting something I think careful draugr straight out of Wicked Dead could definitely be playable (even if it's not intended to be), but the question is if it's going to be any fun for more than a session or two.

Bloodline: The Stygians
          Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
          Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

I’m of the opinion that if you and your storyteller can work out the proper justification and are willing to work with restrictions and whatever needed tweaks to make it more fairly balanced among fellow PCs, you can play anything. That said I wouldn’t see why you couldn’t just play one of BB in this case... that really seems like a more interesting option than a Humanity 0 vampire who just so happens to be able to almost remember how to hunt covertly enough to hide amongst other vampires for the moment.

Now if the game involves trying to discover to to reverse the Draugr state, I’d be the ST who would absolutely want to see how that plays out.

Comment

Working...
            X