Second Tradition in Second edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Tradition in Second edition.

no rules stated anywhere calling on you spend willpower to be able to take a clear picture.

Because in 2e, you don't have a blurry reflection/image. There is a thing called the Lost Visage where people are less likely to notice you for some reason, but it is more of a story thing and has no mechanics, iirc.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

The way it seemed to me in the core was that vampires have an uncanny knack for being able to stand in a position where their image can't be captured on film or reflective surfaces; you don't see them coming and you can't get a recording of them, but it's a function of how they move about.

...Apparently in the case of devices, they can also benefit from a bit of bad luck in how the image gets captured.

Presumably, getting a photograph when you want one is as simple as just deliberately standing still.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Yes, in 2ed it's more that those who try to capture a picture of an non-actively willing to be seen Vampire will have a string of bad luck : corrupted file, micro shut down, a little lag, etc.

Comment

If I remember right, the intention was for the ability to be essentially wholly positive for the vampire, whereas the 1e version whilst not useless, also could draw attention to the vampire.

Comment

The idea is to be wholly positive, but also non-intrusive in the story. It basically eases suspension of disbelief for the Masquerade, but at the same time a dedicated hunter won't even have a penalty. Which from a storytelling perspective I think is reasonable through and through.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
            #AutismPride
            She/her pronouns

Comment

Working...
            X