2nd edition Bloodline-Bloodsympathy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd edition Bloodline-Bloodsympathy

So I'm having a conversation with my St.
    How it goes: for example a Mekhet and a venture join the ICELUS bloodline do they have Blood sympathy?Cuz they are not the same clan but the same Bloodline. Becouse there is nowhere writing it.
    Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by R1pftw View Post
    How it goes: for example a Mekhet and a venture join the ICELUS bloodline do they have Blood sympathy?Cuz they are not the same clan but the same Bloodline. Becouse there is nowhere writing it.
    Thanks in advance!
    Bloodlines don't share any special blood sympathy by default, so although the Mekhet and Ventrue branches of the Icelus are "related" to each other, they don't count for blood ties (unless you're doing Coil of the Voivode shenanigans). That said, it definitely wouldn't break the game if you consider cross-lineage bloodlines effectively clan mates for that purpose.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 11-14-2021, 05:21 PM.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
    Masquiem: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2nd
    Storytellers Vault: Author Page

Comment

Originally posted by R1pftw View Post
      Thanks in advance!
      It's whatever your ST says it is for the setting. The book says blood sympathy is strongest along the sire/childe line but that it branches out to clan. Bloodlines aren't mentioned because the vast majority of them are single clan. If it's a case where a bloodline can avus in other clans then it can be chalked up that that particular bloodline is too weak to facilitate blood sympathy between all its members or that it's an unintended weakness that blood sympathy can be exploited by non clan and nonbloodline members.

Comment

Working...
      X