No announcement yet.

What's YOUR Custom Bloodline?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Followers of Set have a spiritual successor in Requiem, it's a shadow cult called the Children of Set in the Mekhet Clanbook, you may want to check them out.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

Aww, I thought somebody might have beaten me to it, but I wasn't entirely sure.

Comment

Here is another one of my bloodlines, its based off of the Nephilim from Hebrew mythology.
        The Childer of Shemhazai

A neonate walks into the court of his city. He demands that the Prince takes his concerns seriously. The Prince laughs and decides to amuse him. The neonate talks of a risk to the court structure. He speaks of a vampire that is new to the city who can make others lose their humanity.
        The Prince starts to laugh, but then the laugh turns into a snarl. He lunges at his sheriff and begins to drain him of his blood. The court whispers, “draugr.” The court chases him throughout his own home. Finally, they corner him. Right before the stake enters his heart he mumbles, “please, no.”
        Parent Clan: Daeva
        Bloodline Disciplines: Celerity, Majesty, Nephil, Vigor
        Nicknames: Nephilim or Anakim (Hebrew), The Fallen or Tempters(Neutral)
        Bloodline Bane: The Nephilim have a tendency to become addicted to those who they feed on. When a Nephilim feeds from a mortal once they are fine. When they drink for a second or later times they must roll Humanity or gain the Persistent Dependent Condition (Blood and Smoke: Page 302).
        The Anakim also are incredibly proud. They do not take kindly to insults. If their pride is at stake, the Anakim is unable to spend willpower to resist Frenzy. This normally does not affect Frenzy caused by hunger or fear, but it can if someone is taunting the Anakim.
        Lastly, the Nephilim have a tendency of showing certain scars and markings on their bodies if they perform Nephil frequently.
        History and Culture: When man began to spread across the face of the world, and daughters were born to them, the sons of God looked upon them with great desire. When they bore children they were known as the Nephilim. This is the description of their origin found in the book of Genesis. Immediately after this section God decides to flood the world.
        Later, when the Israelites send spies to check out the country of Cannan, they came back with reports of giant men called the Nephilim. Apparently the flood did not destroy these beasts.
        According to the Lancea Sanctum, this bloodline has its origins with a childe of Cain, one of the first daughters of vampirism. Allegedly she was able to seduce and embrace an angel, Shemhazai. This being’s blood became the blood found in every single Nephilim. There is some credence to this legend as the blood found in the Nephilim often tastes more like oil than it does iron. This does not change the vitae gathered from them, but it does identify them as this bloodline.
        Few outside of Lancea Sanctum, even within the bloodline, buy this myth. The only problem with rejecting this belief is that there are few alternatives. One remarkable note of this bloodline is that kindred stories from around the world have described the effects of this bloodline within their courts. In fact, several cities claim that the first of the Nephilim was found within their own borders, or from a nearby city.
        Others just attribute this to them being one of the oldest bloodlines in history, giving them ample time to spread across the world. The most popular name for them came from old descriptions of giants within the Torah, but even those who use the name don’t necessarily think they came from Cannan.
        • Sidenote: When a regular human interacts with the God-Machine they turn into a stigmatic. What happens when a stigmatic is embraced, or when a vampire becomes lost in a facility for decades? This bloodline happens. The original details are vague, and may be contradictory. In fact, this bloodline may actually be several hundred bloodlines who have all wound up with the same God-Machine influenced powers. Is there a chance that the God-Machine is up to something, planning on using the Nephilim as some form of infrastructure? Considering that this power manipulates the various Integrity-based systems of World of Darkness, including Cover, this may not be far off. This bloodline can be used as a story-hook for either Demon: the Descent or Vampire: the Requiem, but usage of this bloodline, even in a hunter story, does not require interaction with demons.
        Reputation: This bloodline is almost living proof of some of the more wild claims of Lancea Sanctum. The idea, a truly ancient bloodline that comes from the shared myths and legends of three of the most powerful influences on Lancea Sanctum, is hard for them to pass up. If any covenant is excited to interact with the Fallen, it is Lancea Sanctum.
        Ordo Dracul will also hardly give up a chance to interact with and study them. Many ground-breaking studies have been performed on the properties of the vitae of the Nephilim. It does not just taste like oil, it practically is oil. One vampire in Vancouver has captured a Nephilim and is planning on basing a form of distilled fuel from his vitae. This interest with the bloodline is one-sided usually, as this tends to be how they are treated.
        For the Carthians and Invictus, the instability to the structure of kindred society is more than frightening. In addition, both covenants have been known to start hunting those who are covered in the mystical scars and markings of Nephil practitioners.
        Becoming: The Nephilim were described as giants, this was a bit of a misnomer. Despite the legends, only some of them have the Giant merit (GMC: Page 165). What is more common is having high resistance stats. Turning others into Draugr, or resisting the effects of Nephil often take a strong body, mind, and soul.
        Bloodline Gift: The Fallen can callous sins that trigger detachment rolls, even if the vampire succeeds on the roll. This still gives the vampire a single beat. This cannot make the vampire exceed 3 acquired banes.
        Nephil (To Fall) Discipline:
        • 1 Dot- Aura of Vice: The Nephilim’s very presence is temptation. This power can be activated as a reflexive action, and costs no vitae or willpower. Once it is activated, the power lasts for the scene and cannot be turned off by the Nephilim. Anyone within the aura can feel the pull on their temptations. If someone acts on their vice in order to gain willpower, they gain two instead, however, they risk a breaking point. For Kindred, this affects anytime they attempt to uphold their mask or dirge, but only when they are trying for one willpower. This aura extends for 3 yards per dot in Nephil. The downside to this power is that it affects the Anakim as well.
        • 2 Dot- Misery Loves Company: The Aura of Vice rings with the memories of the Fallen. With this ability the vampire is able to make another target suffer a breaking point that the vampire has already callused with an additional bane. It can only be activated if Aura of Vice is already active. The vampire must lock eyes with the target.
          • Cost: 1 Vitae
          • Intelligence+Occult+Nephil vs. Resolve+Blood Potency
          • Action: Instant and contested
          • Dramatic Failure: The Nephilim has relived the moment of detachment so vividly that they gain the Jaded condition (Blood and Smoke: Page 304).
          • Failure: The vampire is unable to make the target relive the moment of detachment.
          • Success: The vampire is able to make the target feel like they remember committing the detaching action. Regardless of whether or not this type of action would normally cause the creature’s equivalent of humanity to drop, they must roll for their equivalent to detachment. If their equivalent to humanity is lower than the humanity this sin is attached to, the ability has no effect. If a vampire has callused this sin, this power has no effect. This power does not let a kindred callus that sin.
          • Exceptional Success: The vampire is able to infuse the mind with the memory so vividly that they also remember callusing the sin. For the rest of the scene the target suffers from the bane attached to this sin. This includes them suffering a -1 to all detachment, or equivalent, rolls, but it also makes them immune to that sin for the rest of the scene.
        • 3 Dot- Aura of Sin: The idea of faltering within the presence of the Nephilim becomes more terrifying and dehumanizing. Those within the aura, including the Nephilim, are more vulnerable to detachment, or equivalent. For kindred, this normally means that actions that make higher humanity vampires suffer detachment are now able to make 1 lower humanity vampires able to suffer detachment. For non kindred, this normally makes a wider range of events breaking points. A cop might become squeamish around blood, a demon may blow cover by speaking an uncommon language. Either way, a wider range of events can cause these effects. This power requires the Aura of Vice to be active. This power costs 1 vitae, and replaces the Aura of Vice. It covers the same amount of distance as the Aura of Vice, and is dispelled at the end of the scene.
        • 4 Dot- Closer to Hell: Being within the Aura of Vice can make people feel broken or wrong. For humans, their minds feel fragile. For kindred, they feel closer to the beast and more monstrous. For demons, their cover flickers. This power allows the vampire to temporarily lower a victim’s humanity, or equivalent. It can only be activated if Aura of Vice is already active. The vampire must lock eyes with the target.
          • Cost: 1 Vitae
          • Wits+Subterfuge+Nephil vs Composure+Blood Potency
          • Action: Instant and contested
          • Dramatic Failure: The Nephilim feels a weaker connection to humanity. For the rest of the scene, treat their humanity as one lower. This can temporarily turn a vampire into a draugr for the scene.
          • Failure: The power doesn’t take. Nothing happens
          • Success: The target feels wrong, broken, and vulnerable. For the rest of the scene the target’s humanity, or equivalent, is one lower. This comes with everything that one lower humanity, or equivalent, normally does. Humans are more likely to gain negative conditions when shocked. Vampires suffer more from their banes. Demons are easier to spot. There is one exception however, as long as this power stays temporary, vampires keep any touchstones they would have lost from this drop. The victim gains no conditions from this effect. Demons cannot use a cover with zero dots until their cover regenerates. Lastly, kindred may temporarily become draugr for the scene.
          • Exceptional Success: The effect rips at the conscience of the victim. In addition to the effect of the success, the victim gains a condition that they would normally gain for a dramatic failure on a detachment roll, or equivalent. This condition lasts for the scene.
        • 5 Dot- Loss of Will: This power has two effects, one that affects any sentient being, and one that only affects kindred. The first effect is that by spending a DOT of willpower, while activating Closer to Hell, the effect becomes permanent. It may still be reversed by spending experience. This dot of willpower heals at a rate of 1 dot per five days rest. The other effect is that kindred who become draugr from the effects of Closer to Hell gain the Frightened condition (Blood and Smoke: Page 303) when they see the Nephilim who used it.
        • Downside! This power is incredibly potent and unstable. If a Nephilim activates the 2nd, 4th, or 5th dot power more than once a night they could be permanently changed. After the second usage and on they must roll Resolve+Composure-Nephil. This roll only has a failure and success effect. When they fail they take a form of stigmata. The first instance of this is always the same, the vitae of Nephilim becomes oily and flammable. This means that if the vampire has lethal damage caused by cuts, or has open wounds, they take 1 more point of aggravated damage a turn while taking damage from fire. The vampire can also expend a point of vitae to spit out some oil. It functions essentially like a pint of kerosene. The second instance and on is variable. It must be something strange however, but not debilitating. Irises may become literally gold, a scar may appear in the form of a circuit board, their breath might permanently smell of smoke. In essence they gain a glitch on their body. This does not provide any mechanical negatives, but it does mean that any medical tests on the kindred will notice the abnormalities, and if a Carthian or Invictus member notice the stigmata, then they could potentially try to hunt down the player. The vampire is considered to have “noticeable stigmata” if the markings occur on the hands or face and anyone looking at them normally would perceive them as unnatural. The stigmata may be covered, but that tends to only help so much.
        Devotions
        Powers of the Stigmata: The blood of the Nephilim is strange and oily. The power within it can become something much more grand and mechanical if the stigmata forms the right circuits and symbols. With this power the vampire gains one dot of either biokinesis or telekinesis (GMC: Page 172 and 174) and can buy more dots as merits, despite not being mortal. The powers still cost willpower to use, and function identically to human usage, except that biokinesis doesn’t affect healing rates. The combined dots of these merits may never exceed dots in Nephil. If the stigmata is covered these powers just simply do not function.
        Prerequisite: Nephil 2, Noticeable Stigmata
        Experience Cost: 1

Comment

my bloodline, op, was based around those guys who sarcastically ask you if you want a medal when you speak of your deeds and think they're being really witty

Comment

I hope a little necro isn't a problem. Here's a bloodline I created a couple of years ago. I have had two ST characters show up the city so far. I would like to come up with a bloodline gift, though, but I haven't found the right idea yet. Suggestions welcome.

Björnings

I am AEsa, Ernasdottir in life, in afterlife childe of the Gotlander, the ancient and mighty. At my last sunset I stood unbowed with red-dripping sword. The aftergangers feared my strength and my war-play. I have endured flame and sun to see my enemies slain. I’ve fought for kings and princes from Kiev to Madrid. For seven hundred years of evenings I’ve served, I’ve lead, I’ve ruled. None may question my honor. Such might will be yours to command, should you grant me what honors you have to bestow.

Background: Over 1800 years ago, a warrior from Gotaland was Embraced by a Gangrel. Now known only as “The Gotlander” (for he claims to have forgotten his birthname), he has wandered the world, hunting in forest and plain and going to ground when his blood grew too potent. Every couple of centuries, he found a mortal whose courage and survival skills impressed him enough to share his blood, but such associations seldom lasted more than a few moons before the elder tired of company and drove off the fledgling.

It is said the Gotlander now wanders the northern wilderness, drawing closer to cities where his newly-grown hunger for vitae can be sated. The mere rumor of his presence sends Gangrel, singly and in packs, to hunt for the ancient. Those who find him are left nearly drained of vitae, bearing savage battle scars and glorious tales of the fight.

The Becoming: Björnings choose those with strong will and an inner aptitude for survival first, and the skills and desire to live off pavement second. The lone survivor of a plane crash, the backcountry camper, the cut-off Special Forces scout, the long-trek hunter – these are the ones who capture a Bear Shirt’s interest. Some Sires track the prospective Childe, imposing obstacles – a wrecked radio, companions gone missing, footbridge destroyed – to see how the prospect handles adversity. Physical Attributes are almost always primary, but quick wits and willpower are not given short shrift.

In the Danse Macabre: Named after the bear-form they often take, Björnings have preferred the wilderness, keeping to themselves as much as any Gangrel. Some make their way as mercenaries for a time before sickening of Kindred intrigues. The unlives of these loners are often short, but those who survive gain reputations as nigh-unstoppable warriors. They rarely let strangers cross their paths unchallenged, whether it be a roaring charge or a patient stalk towards an ambush.

How other Kindred see them varies by age and individual temperament. Many eschew covenants, preferring the freedom and accepting the risks of going it alone. Some join the Circle, eager to test themselves in a spiritual crucible. Others serve as loyal knights of the Invictus. The bloodline elders have a reputation for being fractious – with centuries of experience, where do you find a challenge? The Gotlander’s oldest offspring have terrorized cities with hit-and-run attacks on what Kindred find precious – wealth, territory, and even their heart’s blood.

Many Björnings live simply, in caves or cabins, or simply sink into the ground wherever dawn finds them. However, others live ostentatiously where they can display trophies and collect portable wealth – in the hopes that someone will try to rob them.

Nickname: Bear-Shirts

Clan: Gangrel

Bloodline Bane: As other Gangrel, the beast's leash frays as the Man weakens; rolls to resist frenzy are capped by Humanity. Bjornings find it difficult to feed from willing victims. Someone who challenges and is defeated – their blood may be savored! For those who submit without fight or flight, each Vitae is worth half.

Bloodline Disciplines: Animalism, Protean, Resilience, Vigor

Comment

Bloodline: The Nereids
              Parent Clan: Mekhet
              Nickname: Diplomats
              Disciplines: Auspex, Celerity, Obfuscate, Bound

The diplomats are are a small group that came mainly from the Carthian Movement, they believe that the philosophy of the Carthian movement it’s not enough. They know that are other beings among the shadows and dream to create a union between then, maybe not one in a global society level, but at least a UN equivalent for the supernaturals would be a good start.
              To reach this dream, they honed their own discipline that take pieces of dominate and auspex to create diplomatic tool. Of course, they could reach far away sing the pure power of the dominate or toying with secrets found with auspex. But how much true would be there? The so dreamed union would be just a frail mask.
              Bane (the word curse): The diplomats can’t break with their word, because of this they tend to be very careful and they avoid lies. But this don’t mean that they can’t play with the truth.
              The diplomat have to choose a punishment if he break the deal.

Creating a monster: The diplomats focus on social attributes(with a focus on presence), they also tends to have empathy and persuasion, but they avoid subterfuge (since they have the word curse)

Bound: The diplomats have a power over the words and the truth. They can nullify the capacity to a person lie and create supernatural bounds that force the others to keep their word.

1) Aura of truth/ Aura of trust:
              Aura of truth: Everyone that try to lie to a diplomat have to subtract 2 from their dice pool. If a diplomat spends one vitae then it should subtract 4 from the dice pool.
              Aura of trust: The diplomat have a bonus of a 1 dice in any test that involves passing a trustful, reliable image also, when trying to take out the truth from someone the player can add 2 dices to the dice pool. The boost (expenditure of one vitae) will add 2 dices to any aforementioned tests. To work, the diplomat will need to focus in one target at time and the victim need to be in a close range (3 feet or less).
              the boost affect both auras.
              Cost: none (1 if wants to boost the power)
              Dice pool: none
              Action: reflexive / instant (for the boost)
              Duration: scene (if it’s in the boosted version) / permanent (without a boost)

2) Scent of truth/Scent of trust:
              The power of the aura now extends beyond the diplomat.
              Scent of truth: anyone within the range of presence + bound feet's will have to subtract 2 dices from their dice pool in any attempt to lie (not just to the diplomat, this applies to any lie). This power can be boosted with the expenditure of one vitae, the subject will have to subtract 4 dices and the range is doubled.
              Scent of trust: with this level, the diplomat don't have to focus in one target at time, anyone within the range of presence + bound will suffer the same effects described in aura of trust. The boost not just will add 2 dices to the dice pool, but will also double the range of this effect.
              the boost affect both auras.

Cost: none (1 if wants to boost the power)
              Dice pool: none
              Action: reflexive / instant (for the boost)
              Duration: scene (if it’s in the boosted version) / permanent (without a boost)
              3) Shallow bound:
              With this level, the diplomat can start to create bounds. To create a bound, first the diplomat need to create a “bound blueprint”. A bound blueprint its a series of symbols and words that defines when the words of the bound start to count and when the bound is closed. Generally speaking, a bound blueprint need to define the type of the bound (almost all the times there is the promise bound and the deal bound), the blood symbol (a mystic and invisible symbol that need to be activated with a vitae and it’s created with a vitae) a key opening word (and or gesture) a key closing word(and or gesture) and a punishment.
              A promise bond it’s a bond that don’t need a counterpart from the diplomat, generally is used when the subject it’s willing to do something to the diplomat but he wants to ensure that the subject will keep their word. As an example someone can say that will bring a object to the diplomat, then he brings the topic with the opening key word or gesture) (ex: a tap in the shoulder) and then close the bound with the closing keyword (ex: hey, it’s a promise, right?). If the bound is successful the subject have to keep the word or will suffer the consequences.
              A deal bond it’s used when the diplomat have to give a counterpart (but no one said that it’s need to be a fair one) common examples include a paper contract or using a hand shake and the words “it’s a deal” to close the bond.
              Common blood symbols are a “blood stamp” (to paper contracts) or a symbol drawn with blood in the arm (like a tattoo) both cases the symbol will not be visible with non-supernatural ways.
              The punishment have to be something heavy. But cannot give damage,cause death or any physical consequences. It could be a excruciating pain or a high level of anxiety. The subject will someway associate this with the bound. (more about the punishment later)
              Cost: 1 to create a blueprint, 1 to start a bound
              Dice pool: presence + empathy + bound – victim’s Resolve
              Action: instant
              Duration: until the bond is finished or break.

Roll results

Dramatic failure: The subject of the bond get a aversion to it. The victim will avoid keeping the bond with the same strength that would have to keep it if the bound seceded
              Failure: No bound is formed. (but the vitae it’s expended anyway)
              Success: A bound is created any attempt to break it will require a resolve + composure test against the power of the bound (the number of success on it) + bound level of the diplomat. (so, at least 4 success) . If the victim succeed in breaking the bound he can extend the time to do it in (number of success beyond the required) + 1 hours. The subject can do this 3 times. Then the subject will acquire the guilty condition (if succeed in breaking the bound) but will be free from the bound.
              If the victim have a dramatic failure breaking the bound it will acquire the broken condition.
              Exceptional success: Add more two dices to the test to break the bound (so it will be power of the bound + bound level + 2)
              4) the symbol of truth/symbol of trust:
              Symbol of truth: At this level, just seeing the diplomat will trigger the effect (except from indirect ways), as always anyone that try to lie when seeing a diplomat have to subtract 2 from the dice pool, the diplomat can boost the power at the cost of one vitae (so it will be 4 dices) also, the diplomat can spend 2 vitae to extend the effect of this power in a away that the vision of him (even in a television) would trigger the effect. But for this it’s necessary a roll of presence + empathy. Anyone seeing the diplomat in a indirect way need to roll resolve + composure against the number of success of the diplomat or will suffer the effect.
              Symbol of trust: the same rules of the symbol of trust applies here. Just seeing the diplomat will trigger the effects described in aura of trust (except from indirect ways). You can boost the effect in the same way you can boost the aura and the scent of trust. Also you can extend this power at the cost of two vitae, then even in indirect ways anyone that sees the diplomat will be affected. But for this the player should pass in a presence+empathy check. Anyone that wants to resist this effect should pass in a resolve+composure test against the number of success of the diplomat.

Cost: none / 1 to boost the power / 2 to extend the power
              Dice pool: presence + empathy (to extend the power)
              action: reflexive / instant (for the boost or the extension)
              duration: permanent / scene (for the boost or the extension)
              roll results:
              Failure: The ṕower is not extended.
              dramatic failure: everyone that seems the diplomat during that scene will be immune to his powers during victim’s composure months.
              Success: the power is extended. Also, subtract a extra die if the victim’s is seeing the diplomat in a direct way (aura of truth) or add a extra die(aura of trust)
              Exceptional success: the effect of the power will extended for (number of success) hours after seeing the diplomatic
              5) deep bound
              With 5 dots, the diplomat can take the punishment of the bound to another level.
              First, the punishment can cause physical harm (damage) to the subject, since the bound it’s deeper. The victim should add more 2 to the check to break the bound.
              There are stronger options for punishment:
              A death punishment it’s a bound that each time the victim’s tries to break the bound have to roll resolve+stamina or it will take 1 aggravate damage, if it’s succeeds to break the bound it will take another aggravate damage. A dramatic failure here would give 3 aggravate damage. Some weak-minded people can die from it. (or so they say).
              A mental punishment causes a permanent mental condition if the bound is break. In the first attempt to break the bound the victim will acquire the guilty condition until the bound is finished (not breaked). The diplomat can choose the punishment condition for breaking the bound from the mental conditions list (can be permanent) a dramatic failure will add a secondary condition to the mental stack.

About the punishments

The diplomat have to choose a punishment to breaking with they word. The punishment it’s in the same level of a subject of a bound trying to break one. If you break with the word you can opt for the guilty, obsession or shaken condition (you can talk with the narrator about a alternative condition)

About group bounds

With a extra Vitae a diplomat can create a group bound, A basic group bound can contemplate 10 persons (vampire or not). You can extend this limitation with the expenditure of a extra vitae for 10 persons (so, a 30 persons bound would will cost 30 vitae). Beyond the initial extra vitae the the Nereid have to expand, if there is others vampires in the bound they can give vitae instead of the Nereid.
              A group bound is more complex, so it's required a extra element, the bound ritual. The bound ritual it's at least two steps that each bound member have to do.
              Also, it's needed a extended version of the of the bound symbol, called bound board.
              A bound board it's a place where all bound members have to sign or put a mark, the initial vitae is used in the bound board. If the group bound is used in a similar fashion that the normal bound like a contract in a paper, then the board will be the paper itself (and the symbol could be a stamp in the paper)
              Last edited by draxdeveloper; 04-28-2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

When 1ed was the only one around I made a joke Bloodline of Daeva vampires who are SO AWFULLY LAZY they need to roll Willpower to do anything other than laying around and acting sexy (or pretending to sleep) they gain access to a Bloodline Discipline called Somnus, which allows them to channel their laziness much like Nosferatu channel fear through Nightmare.

The also gain the Sloth Vice automatically the moment they joined the line.

Comment

Working...
                X