Blood and Smoke Bloodline Disciplines conversions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood and Smoke Bloodline Disciplines conversions

This thread is for all of us to post our own conversions of the multiple Bloodline Disciplines that were published over the years to update them to the Blood and Smoke rules and paradigm.

I'll start by cross-posting this conversion of Cachexy from the old fora:

CACHEXY

Infection

The Vampire is a walking plague, every time she interacts with a mortal there is a chance he gets infected. The disease is not natural, it is an extension of the Curse that weakens and drains life.

Cost: None

Dice Pool: none, this power is not rolled.

System: Whenever a mortal (meaning any living being, but not other vampires, Promehteans, etc) gets into direct contact with the vampire, she can decide to try to infect him with the disease. Open wounds or contact with the blood of the vampire increases the chances.

The potencial target must make a reflexive Stamina+Resolve roll as usual, penalized by the vampire's Cachexy dots in case he has an open wound or comes into contact with her blood. On a Failure, the target gets the Infected Condition.
    An Exceptional Success makes him immune to further uses of this Discipline for the rest of the day.
    On a Dramatic Failure he also suffers one point of damage as appropiate for the Condition.

Infected

Your character has catched a wasteful disease.

He suffers a penalty to all rolls due to nausea, weakness or general malaise equal to the vampire's Cachexy dots.
    Each day afterwards he must succed on a (Stamina+Resolve)-Cachexy roll or suffer a point of Bashing damage (two on a Dramatic Failure).
    Damage from this Condition cannot be healed by any means while the Condition is still in effect and damage can roll over as Lethal as usual.
    Regular medical treatments only provide half its usual bonus to the roll to fight off the disease. Medical treatment from a supernatural source provides its full bonus.

Resolution: a number of succesful rolls to resist the disease equal to the vampire's Blood Potency are made (Exceptional Successes counts twice).
    After this Condition is discarded the penalties to all rolls disappear at a rate of 1 per day.
    You are immune to this Discipline for as long as you keep the penalties.

Beat: if the penalties from this Condition brought you down to a Chance Die and you failed as a result, gain a Beat.
    To be able to reap the Beat, the penalties from this Condition must represent at least half of the total penalties applied to the roll. Rolls to resist the damage from this Condition are excluded.

●● Contagion

Cost: 1 Vitae

Dice Pool: none.

System: For the rest of the Scene, anyone getting within (Blood Potency x Cachexy) yards of the vampire may be afeccted by Infection.
    Potential targets must roll to resist upon entering the zone and every turn afterwards until they either leave or get the Infected Condition. The vampire is free to move around or perform any other action while this power is in effect.

●●● Patient Zero

Cost: 1 Vitae.

Dice Pool: none, improves Infection or Contagion.

System: if the vampire pays an additional Vitae when using either Infection or Contagion any target that fails the roll may get the Carrier Condition on top of the ususal effect.

Carrier
    You can transmit the Infected and Carrier Conditions to others you came into contact with. Use the rules for Infection. Anyone failing the roll gets both Conditions from you.
    All penalties and target number of rolls to discard the Conditions are calculated using the original vampire's Blood Potency and Cachexy dots.
    Resolution: when you discard the Infected Condition, discard this Condition too.
    Beat: everytime you spread both the Infected and Carrier Conditions, gain a Beat.

●●●● Black Death

Cost: 1 Vitae.

Dice Pool: none, improves Infection, Contagion or Patient Zero.

System: For each additional Vitae paid when using any of those powers she can choose one of the following effects:

Vampires and other undead (or Prometheans and similar para-living creatures) can now also be affected by any of the previous powers of this Discipline.
    Any living beings gaining the Infected or Carrier Conditions from Black Death or such a Carrier has the damage from those Conditions upgraded to Lethal. Furthermore, the number of succesful rolls needed to discard the Infected Condition becomes equal to the vampire's (Blood Potency+Cachexy) dots.

●●●●● Pandemia

Targets that die while under the effect from the Infected or Carrier Conditions may raise from the dead to keep spreading the disease.

Cost: None

Dice Pool: none, improves Infection, Contagion, Patient Zero or Black Death.

System: When a victim dies while under either the Infected or Carrier Conditions, roll once again the victim's (Stamina+Resolve)-Cachexy. On a failure, the victim discards the Infected Condition and raises the following night as a free Larva with the Carrier Condition.
    Last edited by Thorbes; 12-08-2013, 10:09 AM.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Yikes, that's awesome!

I saw somebody did up a similar conversion for the Sangiovanni discipline Cattiveria which focuses upon the zombie making.

Here's a link. All credit to the dude that made it first!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Mi47v2uSg/edit
    Last edited by Leetsepeak; 11-03-2013, 11:49 AM.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

The two dots could use some polishing. The roll every turn effect basically means that everyone is affected, no resistance. I'd drop it to one roll per scene per person.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
      My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
      Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

The children of Judass are my favorite bloodline, I would love to see their discipline converted... Might actually do some work on that myself when I get off work, I'll post as I make progress

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
          Yikes, that's awesome!

I saw somebody did up a similar conversion for the Sangiovanni discipline Cattiveria which focuses upon the zombie making.

Here's a link. All credit to the dude that made it first!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Mi47v2uSg/edit
          To add to that one made by my group's players:
          https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...co=AAAAAFyFz_c
          Obtenebration

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...9CdRVKwYM/edit
          Dementation (undone yet, thought)
          Last edited by Griautis; 11-03-2013, 03:44 PM.

My Bloodline conversions
          My House rules

Comment

Those links don't work, might should check the format before just using html code.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kings Raven View Post
              The two dots could use some polishing. The roll every turn effect basically means that everyone is affected, no resistance. I'd drop it to one roll per scene per person.
              Or they can just leave the area and be done with it. I probabbly should add that the area affected is noticeable, be it by an unpleasant odor or a general malaise (though not to the point of anything mechanical, so no penalties or anything) so people do have to consciously remain there. And then is on them.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

I know this one is bound to provoke groans, but it's worth asking...

Anyone made or thought of making a conversion of one of those Vicissitude variants floating around to be more in line with the way B&S disciplines work? I have a vision of a Ventrue Bloodline whose schtick is forcing their view of people on others (by physically changing them, of course), but trying to figure out how a discipline for them might work is a bit challenging.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

I know this one is bound to provoke groans, but it's worth asking...

Anyone made or thought of making a conversion of one of those Vicissitude variants floating around to be more in line with the way B&S disciplines work? I have a vision of a Ventrue Bloodline whose schtick is forcing their view of people on others (by physically changing them, of course), but trying to figure out how a discipline for them might work is a bit challenging.
                  I would argue that Vicissitude as portrayed in Masquerade is already pretty close to the B&S paradigm for Discipline design, with the possible exception of Bloodform.

You have a basic power (Malleable Visage) that improves in power and scope (> Fleshcraft > Bonecraft) with a fourth dot power that seems the apex of this (Horrid Form, probably needs some tweaking to make it more open-ended and customisable). For a fifth dot power (the "He can do that?"-tier) I think a Vicissitude version of Lord of the Land and Oubliette might be cool, allowing fleshcrafting on a much larger scale.

Politeness is the lubricant of social intercourse.

Comment

Yeah, I realized that but still felt that I wanted to revise it to sort of own my individual interpretation of it, though of course somebody could use it as is for a GMC compliant Vicissitude replacement. Here's a link to a google doc containing what I have so far Any feedback is appreciated.

Comment

Stupid question but where exactly can I find the Discipline paradigm of Blood & Smoke? There's a lot of Bloodlines need converting and I'm curious to make some ad hoc changes.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Sandman (Neil Gaiman)

Comment

Originally posted by Troller View Post
                        Stupid question but where exactly can I find the Discipline paradigm of Blood & Smoke? There's a lot of Bloodlines need converting and I'm curious to make some ad hoc changes.
                        I do not have the posts at hand to quote, but on the old forums Rose and LOOK (PenDragon) made some statements about it. But basically:

Every Discipline is a single ability, not a collection of abilities, which improves in scope and power as you gain more dots in it. The first dot is the base, upon which the 2nd and 3rd dot improve. The 4th dot should look like the apex of that power, with the 5th dot going a step beyond, making witnesses think: "Wait, he can do that?".

Politeness is the lubricant of social intercourse.

Comment

Yeah, I realized that but still felt that I wanted to revise it to sort of own my individual interpretation of it, though of course somebody could use it as is for a GMC compliant Vicissitude replacement. Here's a link to a google doc containing what I have so far Any feedback is appreciated.
                          I must say this is very similar to the version I've got brewing. Indeed I might borrow from it a bit for the 4th dot.

My main criticism would be that the 3rd dot is a tad over-complicated, I think it can be refined quite a bit more. You might consider referencing Protean 2 & 4 as sources to pull from for transformations. 5th Dot is interesting too, a little different but in the same range as what I'd considered.

Onyx Path Moderator
                          Mod Voice is RED*
                          *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
                          Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

Originally posted by PenDragon View Post
                            I must say this is very similar to the version I've got brewing. Indeed I might borrow from it a bit for the 4th dot.

My main criticism would be that the 3rd dot is a tad over-complicated, I think it can be refined quite a bit more. You might consider referencing Protean 2 & 4 as sources to pull from for transformations. 5th Dot is interesting too, a little different but in the same range as what I'd considered.
                            I was concerned about doing that if only because I feared doing it so directly steps on Protean's toes, though the B&S version has other goodies that a Vicissitude user might miss out on.

What exactly makes it overcomplicated? I could remove the extra successes required and just focus on negative modifiers and Vitae costs. The basic idea behind each dot is that I wanted it to offer one additional cool feature you can use with the main fleshcrafting, and then another alternative power
                            ​1st dot: Malleable Visage and Healing
                            2nd dot: MV other, Mortal Buff/Debuff conditions
                            3rd dot: rearrange physical attributes a la Biokinesis, add Alterations
                            4th dot: Instant action fleshcrafting, lethal damage attack
                            5th dot: Transformed Ghouling, Vitae cost reduction

Perhaps it's just the way it's organized? I'm gonna look at removing the large amount of additional successes required and just focus on how each one costs 1 Vitae and maybe 2 successes, though if that's the case it might be worthwhile to consider giving the 5th dot a different secondary bonus.

Also looking for a new name if any of you guys have suggestions, both for the Discipline and the Bloodline.

Comment

I have a suggestion, aimed at the Devs (particularly Rose): Any chance that you guys are able to "validate/help tweak" these conversions?

I know that you may want to keep your publishing options open (such as a book with reviewed bloodlines). But, unless this is nowhere near real, would you do this? Considering also that you have limited free time to do this.

Anyway, too problematic my suggestion?

Historian ~ www.cronistasdastrevasbr.com

I currently ST a... MtAW 2e campaign called "Axis Mundi - Si Vis Pacem"

Comment

Working...
                              X