Blood and Smoke Bloodline Disciplines conversions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
    If you'd like help on that, I've been working on a version of Dementation modeled after the Masquerade version that revolves around the new Lash Out mechanics. I'll post it once I've done some finishing touches.
    Please do post! I'm working on Vicissitude at the moment, combining what's in the Translation Guide with MachineIV's Symbiotic Genesis Merit.

Edit: Since you were so kind as to offer yours:

Vicissitude

Note: Alterations resulting from Vicissitude are permanent for humans. Changes can be made permanent by losing a dot of Humanity. Uses of this power to inflict damage are healed normally. A Tzimisce can make Nosferatu look more human, but Vicissitude can never negate the Nosferatu weakness, which manifests in other, subtler ways on fleshcrafted Nosferatu.

Malleable Visage

Cost: 1 Vitae per body part changed
    Dice Pool: Manipulation + Expression + Vicissitude
    Action: Instant
    Duration: Scene

A vampire with this power may alter simple body parameters: height (plus or minus a foot), build, voice, facial features, scarification, and skin tone. Muscle and bone cannot be affected, though cartilage can. Such changes are cosmetic and minor in scope. This power changes the body at will. Further levels of Vicissitude require physical manipulation.

Roll Results:

Dramatic Failure: The character drastically disfigures herself, and suffers a –3 penalty to all Social rolls for the rest of the night. She cannot revert until the next sunset.

Failure: The power fails and all spent Vitae is wasted.

Success: The character may alter her form in minor ways. Characters can also grant themselves the Striking Looks Merit using this power. Doing so requires the expenditure of a Willpower point, and imposes a –1 or –2 penalty depending on which version of the Merit they are trying to gain. The character reverts at the end of the scene, unless she spends an additional point of Vitae per scene, or a Vitae and a Willpower for the night. As an instant action, the character can revert with no effort but a thought. To impersonate another person requires a Wits + Subterfuge roll.

Exceptional Success: As with a success, but the character may take a Social bonus in Expression or Intimidation equal to her Vicissitude. Impersonating another does not require a roll.

●● Fleshcraft

Cost: 1 Vitae per modification
    Dice Pool: Dexterity + Medicine + Vicissitude
    Action: Extended
    Duration: One Day

This power allows the vampire to perform more drastic alterations, or use Malleable Visage on others. Muscles and fats may be bulged and stretched beyond human limits.

Roll Results:

Dramatic Failure: The character cripples herself, imposing a –2 penalty on all Physical rolls for the rest of the night.

Failure: The power fails and all spent Vitae is wasted.

System: The vampire can shift muscle and fat, rearranging a number of Physical Attribute dots equal to Blood Potency + 2, and make other, more drastic changes. The player must state how many modifications she wants to make before rolling. Attributes cannot be raised past Blood Potency limits. The character must spend a Vitae and a Willpower to revert. For an additional Vitae, this power can be used to alter other subjects using the rules for Malleable Visage, but the character is not yet skilled enough to alter the muscle of others. Unwilling victims may resist alterations with Stamina + Blood Potency.

Exceptional Success: As with Success, but the character may choose to move another Attribute dot, even if this would be more than the Blood Potency +2 limit.

Use the following table as a rough guide for capabilities and success thresholds at this level:
    Modification Modifiers Successes
    Shift one Attribute dot 0 2
    Gender change (cosmetic) 0 5
    Add pocket for concealment (Size 1) -1 5
    Add pocket for concealment (Size 2) -3 8
    Add 1/0 scar armor -2 10

●●● Bonecraft

Cost: 1 Vitae
    Dice Pool: None (enhances Fleshcraft)
    Action: None (enhances Fleshcraft)
    Duration: None (enhances Fleshcraft)

System: In addition to the effects of Fleshcraft, the character can now alter her entire body structure. For example, she can bestow bony spikes on her knuckles, or quills from anywhere on the body. However, either application inflicts 1 point of lethal damage. Bone weapons cause the same level of damage as the closest emulated weapon. Bone accoutrements have Structure equal to the vampire's Stamina. All bone weapons inflict two points of lethal damage per turn during a grapple, or one point of lethal damage to anyone making a barehanded attack on the character.

The character may also now use Vicissitude directly as an attack. The character spends a Vitae and rolls Dexterity + Medicine + Vicissitude – Defense: success inflicts 3 lethal damage and imposes a physical combat Tilt of the vampire’s user’s choice. The character can also cause a target’s rib cage to move inward, piercing the heart. This imposes an additional –5 to the roll, but instantly kills a mortal target. Against vampires, it halves the target’s Vitae pool—as the seat of his vitae ruptures in a shower of gore—in addition to inflicting lethal damage normally.

For an additional Vitae, the character may use Fleshcraft and Bonecraft on others.

Use the following table as a rough guide to capabilities and success thresholds at this level:
    Modification Modifiers Successes
    Bone spur (Size 1) 0 2
    Bone blade (Size 2) -1 3
    Size change (1 level; limit of 2) -2 5
    Add 3/2 bone armor (stacks with scar armor) -4 10
    Gender change (actual) -5 15

●●●● Symbiotic Genesis

Cost: 2 Vitae
    Dice Pool: None (enhances Fleshcraft)
    Action: None (enhances Fleshcraft)
    Duration: See below

A vampire with Symbiotic Genesis can invest a bit of vitae and Willpower into a piece of a mortal as it leaves the body, in order to prevent its death and freeze it in a sort of pseudo-stasis between ghouldom and vampirism. The body part, be it limb, bone, or even just a sample of flesh, will try its best to fuse itself to a Kindred as it instinctively knows that it won't last long detached.

System: The vampire uses Fleshcraft on a mortal, and removes a body part. The vampire must spend 1 Willpower point and one Vitae in order to prevent the death of the tissues. This must be done within the first hour of removal, or else the limb simply withers. If the act is done correctly, the body part can remain living for one night per dot of Blood Potency possessed by the creator. By the end of that time, the part must be re-infused or it dies rapidly.

When the detached part comes in contact with flesh, it will immediately attempt to fuse with the subject. The body part attacks with a dice pool equal to its Size, effectively a grapple. In all relevant grapple rolls, it uses its Size + the vampire's Blood Potency as a dice pool. If the subject is knowledgeable of the process, they can apply Defense as appropriate. The subject can also willingly allow the part to fuse.

If the grapple is successful, the limb begins to fuse with the subject. Each turn, the part comes closer to a full bond. Once a number of turns have passed equal to the subject's Stamina, the two are fused. Removal of the part then requires the subject to suffer lethal damage equal to the part's Size.
    Once bound, the part drains from the subject a number of vitae equal to its Size every week. If this removes the final vitae from a sleeping Kindred, the Kindred slips into torpor and further feeding comes directly from the vampire's health in lethal damage. This can cause Final Death if left unmolested. Against mortals, a dot of Stamina is removed every day until a time when it reaches zero, then the mortal simply dies. Removal of such a part causes lethal damage equal to the part's Size. If the Kindred first harms himself, the attachment can be used to fill the space. The wound is effectively healed so long as the attachment remains. While attached, the part uses all relevant traits of the host body. Damage done to the attachment is done to the host, and can be healed with the host's vitae, just as any other part of the body.

Use the following table as a guideline for possible bonuses for additional appendages:
    Modification Possible Modifiers
    Arms 9-again on Grappling or Dodge actions; +2 damage per arm on Brawl or Weaponry rolls
    Eyes +1 on Perception checks per eye (limit of +5)
    Fingers or hands 9-again on Dexterity rolls involving fine motor control
    Tails Add Size of tail to Defense
    Taking a body part from an unwilling human is a breaking point at Humanity 3 and higher.

●●●●● Bloodform

Cost: Varies
    Dice Pool: None
    Duration: Indefinite

The character can liquefy his physical form, turning part or all of it into a pool of sentient Vitae.

System: If the character changes part of her body into a pool of blood, the Storyteller determines how many Vitae points that part is “worth”. The blood can move on its own, and the vampire can see through the blood, manipulate objects as though the blood had Strength equal to half the character’s Blood Potency (rounding up), and slip into the mouths of sleeping individuals to create a Vinculum. If the vampire liquefies his entire body, he can slither up walls and across ceilings, and can slip into any crack, no matter how small . He is likewise immune to physical damage, except for damage caused by fire or sunlight. If the pool is destroyed, the vampire can regrow the missing part by expending Vitae equal to the amount that the part was “worth”.

Fiendish Devotions

Verisimilitude (Vicissitude ●●●, Auspex ●)

As users of Vicissitude gain mastery over their bodies, they often cultivate favored identities and forms. However, replicating the results of Vicissitude is an exact science, and can even be risky if the vampire is attempting to impersonate someone. Using Auspex to forge a deep seated awareness of their own bodies, Fiends with this Devotion may force different forms into her muscle memory. This negates the need to painstakingly recreate desired forms when other uses of Vicissitude (or a day’s rest) overlap.

Cost: 1 Willpower or 2 Vitae (see below)
    Dice Pool: None or Intelligence + Medicine + Vicissitude

System: Upon successful use of Malleable Visage, Fleshcraft, Bonecraft, or some combination thereof, the vampire simply spends a point of Willpower to memorize the results so she call upon them for future use. To assume the memorised form, the Vampire spends 2 Vitae and rolls the above dice pool. Characters may memorise as many forms as they have Blood Potency +1.

This Devotion costs 3 Experiences to purchase.

As you can see, Symbiotic Genesis was a big influence, indeed, even replacing Horrid Form (you get much more out of Protean in B&S). I think it might still be a bit too vague and/or too complicated in some places, but I'll refine it as I go along.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 12-06-2013, 06:09 AM.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
    Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Originally posted by PenDragon View Post
      Book and page number?
      I don't know much about how the Kindred do it; but I've written up my system for Geist-Chronicles if you want to try using that as a baseline. Interested?

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
      My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
      Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

If we are doing requests, I would very humbly ask for a B&S version of Mytherceria, of Kiasyd fame. It appears most recently on pg. 455 of the Vampire the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition

GM of the Walking Shadow Campaigns
        New System and Setting Material

Comment

Originally posted by NeoTiamat View Post
          If we are doing requests, I would very humbly ask for a B&S version of Mytherceria, of Kiasyd fame. It appears most recently on pg. 455 of the Vampire the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition
          That one will be tricky, because the effects at each level are so different, it doesn't lend itself to the "one power that gets stronger with each level" paradigm of B&S disciplines. But I will take a whack at it when I have time. How closely are you looking to mirror the masquerade version?

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
            That one will be tricky, because the effects at each level are so different, it doesn't lend itself to the "one power that gets stronger with each level" paradigm of B&S disciplines. But I will take a whack at it when I have time. How closely are you looking to mirror the masquerade version?
            Indeed if I were to covert it to a discipline it'd have to change quite a bit. Though it could work as a series of Bloodline dependent Devotions.

Onyx Path Moderator
            Mod Voice is RED*
            *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
            Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

Just wanted to share my conversion of Blood Tenebrous, inspired by the original of course, PenDragon's Coil version, a bit of Essentiaphagia and of course the GMC rules. I just call it Tenebrose cause the blood part always bothered me a bit. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...x6SVQFF0s/edit

In my game I have it practiced by a different Clan, but it's open to other Kindred as other uncommon Disciplines.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Sandman (Neil Gaiman)

Comment

I have no strong opinion on the Discipline as it appears in Masquerade. Say rather, I'm interested in a Fae-ish set of powers for the Kiasyd in my game (who are pretty popular with the players for being Vampires with a hint of Changeling in them).
                Last edited by NeoTiamat; 12-06-2013, 03:18 PM.

GM of the Walking Shadow Campaigns
                New System and Setting Material

Comment

Originally posted by NeoTiamat View Post
                  I have no strong opinion on the Discipline as it appears in Masquerade. Say rather, I'm interested in a Fae-ish set of powers for the Kiasyd in my game (who are pretty popular with the players for being Vampires with a hint of Changeling in them).
                  Ok, with that kind of flexibility I think I could come up with something that fits the theme. Might take me a couple days, but I've been planning to convert all of the Masquerade disciplines over time, just as a pet project. So I'll just put that one next on my list and post my take on it here when it's finished.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

If I were to come up with "Fae" powers for B&S that weren't flat based on an old discipline, I would go with something between a mix of dreams and deals. Perhaps first dot letting you enter dreams during daysleep or meditation that lets you gain question answers similar to the new Auspex, but more related to desires and wants.

Then build on that by the next capability of making a deal magically enforceable so long as it offers something gleamed from the dream, but with a minor penalty. Third I might allow the deal once made and signed in blood would then happen, regardless of whether the vampire provides the item or not, the item simply happens to fall into the hands of the contractee, within reason.

4th I'd go with harsher penalties for breaking the contract, and 5th I would allow for greater things to be offered in the deal (Merit dots according to changeling pledges).

Comment

Originally posted by The Kings Raven View Post
                      I don't know much about how the Kindred do it; but I've written up my system for Geist-Chronicles if you want to try using that as a baseline. Interested?
                      Actually the Vodoun discipline Requiem is pretty perfectly structured for Blood Sorcery conversion. It's already broken into three distinct paths with unique themes. Actually you might want to take a look at it for inspiration.

If I get some free time I'll write something up.

Onyx Path Moderator
                      Mod Voice is RED*

Comment

That sounds rather different to what I did; which is based on Influences. You buy patronage from a Loa and can then buy spells (no improv) in that Loa's Influences.

I'll look forward to seeing your variant though.
                        Last edited by The Kings Raven; 12-06-2013, 05:10 PM.

Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

Originally posted by PenDragon View Post
                          Actually the Vodoun discipline Requiem is pretty perfectly structured for Blood Sorcery conversion. It's already broken into three distinct paths with unique themes. Actually you might want to take a look at it for inspiration.

If I get some free time I'll write something up.
                          It's quite different duo to the fact, that once you can only have one loa at 3+ dots. Also mixing them is quite impossible.

My Bloodline conversions
                          My House rules

Comment

As requested: Kindred Vodoun

You'll note I changed the ritual up a bit, separating the act of getting possessed from the actual act of casting. More significant were my changes to the Bat Guerre and Loa patronage. Fortunately if those don't jive with you the system in the book can be ported in almost verbatim without issue. Still I prefer this approach, as it provides for a wider range of characters and gives a more palpable benefit to committing to a single Loa.

Those looking for ritual inspiration should read the rites in VtM: Ancient Bloodlines (pg. 75). You may also want to reference Mage: The Awakening, notably the Bokor Legacy (Tome of Watchtowers pg. 95), the Houngan in Second Sight pg. 97 and (prepare for shameless plug) the Wayfarers Society in my own Thaumaturgy homebrew.

Kindred Vodoun

Ritual: In order to work vodoun a vampire must make contact with one of the Loa (spirits of death), and become possessed. Calling on the Loa requires a rite called Bat Guerre, an extended performance of chanting, drums and meditation designed to impress the Loa and call them to earth. This requires an extended Presence + Persuasion roll, with a target of three times the highest dot ritual the vampire intends to cast and an interval of one roll every five minutes. Storytellers should grant bonus dice if the player gives a particularly descriptive performance, or goes out of his way to find appropriate offerings. Once possessed the vampire may remain in this state for the duration of the scene, and willingly end the possession at any time.

Cost: Kindred Vodoun demands a point of Vitae and a sacrifice. The sacrificial requirements are set forth by the Loa to which it is offered, must be christened in Vitae (included in the cost) and have some thematic connection to the effect of the ritual. For instance, a vampire seeking to witness how a man died might take a photograph of him, bleed on it, then burn it. Objects of personal significance or body parts (bits of hair, and old tooth, etc.) are commonly required to affect living (and unliving) individuals.

Dice Pool: Presence + Persuasion + Vodoun

Themes: Vodoun themes function somewhat differently than those of other Blood Sorcery. Their power stems from the possessing Loa and it's influences. As a result vodoun themes are quite broad, but cannot be combined to create conjunctional rituals. See VtR: Ancient Bloodlines pg. 75 for more details on individual Loa.
                            Ghede: Lord of the Crossroads, Ghede rules over the boundary between life and death. Rituals call and command ghosts and zombies, reveal the causes of death, delay demise, and return the recently deceased. Ghede mimics the Divination, Projection and Transmutation themes with regards to death and the dead.

Kalfou: Loa of bad luck and and misfortune Kalfou is master of curses. Rituals create misfortune, cast ill omens and forge powerful oaths that punish betrayers. Almost all rituals inflict penalties in one way or another, either by cursing probability, sapping willpower or manipulating the flow of destiny outright. Kalfou mimics Divination, Destruction and Transmutation with regards to bad luck and ruin.

Papa Legba: Intermediary between the shadow and the material Papa Legba deals in spirits and symbolism. Rituals allow the vampire to communicate with and bind spirits, open pathways to the shadow and manipulate meaning and memory. Papa Legba mimics Divination and Transmutation with regards to spirits, language and memory.
                            New Merit: Devotee of [Loa]
                            Requirement: Three Dots in the Loa's Theme

Benefit: The vampire has pledged herself to a particular Loa, and forged a strong relationship with the spirit. When casting rituals of that Loa's theme she need no longer perform the Bat Guerre, a brief moment of focus (Instant Action, no roll needed) is all she requires to draw her patron's possession.

Drawback: A vampire may only be pledged to a single Loa, and once pledged all other Loa look upon her with a touch of disdain. She cannot raise any other Vodoun themes above three dots. If she had dots over three in another theme they are removed and experiences are refunded.
                            Last edited by PenDragon; 12-08-2013, 03:44 AM.

Onyx Path Moderator
                            Mod Voice is RED*

Comment

How would you write Ghede and Kalfou's Influences as nouns, like Influences generally are? Also, how would you do Baron Samadi?

I haven't gotten around to stating Loa yet so stealing this could be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kings Raven View Post
                                How would you write Ghede and Kalfou's Influences as nouns, like Influences generally are? Also, how would you do Baron Samadi?

I haven't gotten around to stating Loa yet so stealing this could be useful.
                                Lets see, if I had to summarize them I'd probably say they're something like:
                                • Ghede: Undeath, Ghosts
                                • Kalfou: Misfortune, Punishment
                                • Papa Legba: Spirits, Pathways, Communication
                                Doing something like Baron Samedi is tough, mostly because he's part of the Ghede. This is the problem with converting Vodoun, there are so many different little variations on it that can be hard to nail down. Honestly I'd be inclined to replace Ghede with Samedi, as it creates a greater range of Loa options (assuming that's what you're after).

Onyx Path Moderator
                                Mod Voice is RED*

Comment

Working...
                                X