No announcement yet.

Blood and Smoke Bloodline Disciplines conversions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing this one out there: Anyone have any ideas on how to rework Gustus for the Macellarius to suit the B&S Paradigm? The 3rd and 4th dots are the ones that strike me as having the least continuity.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

• Kinda reminds me of the fifth dot of the Coil of the Ascetic that I outlined a while back...let's see if the WW archive has it...yup.
      Coil of the Ascetic
      Dot 1: The Vampire can consume mortal food without need for the blush of life. Consuming enough food provides a bonus to the next Hunger Frenzy roll.
      Dot 2: By consuming mortal food the vampire can resolve the Wanton Condition. The Dragon can use mortal eating habits as a touchstone
      Dot 3: The Dragon can 'binge' himself over the normal Vitae limits by up to [Coil Dots] Vitae. So long as he is above his normal maximum he needs only spend 1 Vitae to wake every [Coil Dots] days.
      Dot 4: Subtract the Dragon's Coil Dots from his Blood Potency when determining what blood he can feed on. Feeding in this manner requires twice the damage (i.e. 2 Lethal) per Vitae gained.
      Dot 5: The Dragon can eat recently dead flesh (within the last 24 hours) and gain Vitae, the Vitae gained is equal to the Size of the creature. This follows the same restrictions as normal feeding, i.e. if the Vampire is BP 4 a Size 4 animal only gives 2 Vitae.
      Last edited by PenDragon; 12-19-2013, 02:43 PM.

Onyx Path Moderator
      Mod Voice is RED*
      *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
      Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

• I dig that coil. Will have to think on how to do Macellarius.

Has anyone had any thoughts on how to handle the Gifts of the Alu? My kneejerk reaction is that none of those really need to be changed, except for Build Brood. Not sure what one could do to revise this one.
        Last edited by Leetsepeak; 12-11-2013, 04:55 PM.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
          Has anyone had any thoughts on how to handle the Gifts of the Alu? My kneejerk reaction is that none of those really need to be changed, except for Build Brood. Not sure what one could do to revise this one.
          You could model Build Brood after The Vast Dynasty (Mystery of the Vovoide 5).
          This way there is no automatic Humanity loss when Embracing a mortal. Instead it is a breaking point at Humanity 3, with a +1 modifier.

EDIT: It seems to me the other Gifts require no conversion.
          Last edited by Penta; 12-11-2013, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, I think that'll be how it goes.

Comment

• Since I'm using Holger Kochfleisher in my VtR game, I thought I'd try converting some of his stuff to work with Blood & Smoke. Wretched Bite I'm not certain needs to be a devotion anymore, or if it does, I'd love some advice on how to fix it up, mostly to do with not wanting it to be aggravated damage without possessing Claws of the Unholy. (but for teeth!)

Terrible Flesh (Blood Potency 2, Nightmare 2, Protean 4)

Cost: 6 Vitae + 1 Willpower
              Dice Pool: None
              Action: Instant
              Duration: One Night
              A Vampire's body does not always change as the creature ages, nor does it necessarily need to shift or swell as the fiend's Blood grows thicker, more puissant. For some creatures, the body does and can ​shift, growing to accommodate its awful lurch in power.

The night when a Vampire's Blood Potency increases, the vampire may choose to invoke this Devotion during that night, usually somewhere they can safely reside for the night, as it takes the entire night for the changes to take effect. The Kindred begins to bleed a huge amount of Vitae out of their pores, creating a rust colored blister cocoon around their form. During the transformation, the Kindred is very vulnerable, it's usually advisable to hide or sleep that night with the protection of loyal followers.

During the sleep, the vampire can select up to three means of enhancing their form from this list:
              • A vampire can increase their Size by 1 which also increases her Health by 1
              • A vampire can thicken the bloated skin of the Vampire, granting 1/1 Armor.
              • A vampire can create fleshy pouches on their skin to hold extra Vitae, increasing their Max Vitae Pool by 1, even beyond what her Blood Potency allows. The next time their Max Vitae goes up, they can keep the additions to the pool.
              • A vampire can increase their Strength score by 1, augmenting their muscles with corpulent mass. This does not increase their Speed, however.
              However, invoking this horrific change has a number of downsides. Every time this Devotion is invoked, the Vampire suffers a permanent reduction of 2 from their Speed. On top of that, their appearance immediately becomes worm-like and repulsive, and their positive social interactions with mortals are forever capped by their Humanity. Finally, invoking this Devotion will cause a detachment against Humanity 3.

This Devotion creates true monsters, condemning its users even with only a single use. The first dot of Obfuscate automatically fails when used by a vampire who has used this devotion, the only way to hide their ugliness is to use the Discipline's greater powers of hiding. All who use it begin to take on the appearance of a worm, with bloated facial features and limbs that atrophy. Although they can still use their legs to move up to a point, most prefer to use the bulk of their torso to slither.

This Devotion Costs 4 Experiences to Learn.

I'm not 100% sure on this version, want to get some thoughts on it.
              Last edited by Leetsepeak; 12-17-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Converted a few Cruac rituals from Circle of the Crone, and altered Rigor Mortis to be more useful.

Rigor Mortis (•)

Target number of successes: 5
                Contested by: Composure
                The victim, who must be a vampire within a mile of the ritual, suffers the loss of the reanimating power of the Vitae. All his physical actions are penalized by -3 for a number of hours equal to Potency.
                Drops of Destiny (•)

The ritualist allows a few drops of Vitae to fall into a puddle on the ground or in a vessel while concentrating on a future action for that night or current circumstance. The blood forms patterns in the water that convey important information about the situation. The patterns are vague and symbolic, and grant a +2 bonus on Potency rolls pertaining to that destiny.
                Taste of Knowledge (•)

The ritualist allows Vitae to bleed up in a well in the palm of their hand, drinking it while concentrating on the act of consumption not as a means of gaining sustenance, but as a means of gaining knowledge. For the rest of the night when feeding, the ritualist can opt to receive information about her victim instead of Vitae a number of times equal to Potency.
                Beloved Deodand (•••)

The ritualist bleeds Vitae on a tool of murder (a weapon or object which has killed in the past) allowing the object to form a sympathetic link with the object. Every time the object is used to wound somebody, the ritualist gains one Vitae. This enchantment lasts for Potency nights or Potency attacks, whichever happens first. Blood drawn by the Deodand does not cause the Vinculum or Vitae addiction.

Comment

• I love the Morbus as Nosferatu, and the Animalism is a nice touch.

Call Me Ray.

Southern Gothic - Welcome to New Calais

Who Wants to Live Forever – Highlander in the World of Darkness

Comment

• How about the Bohagande bloodline? One of my favorites

Comment

• Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with one I'm working on. Constance As the old one worked like resilience but with resolve I used that as a base. First thought would be the passive effect adds to resistance rolls like celerity and resilience but those that use resolve only(like dominate resistance roll) That was the easy part I'm struggling with the active part of it, toying with the idea of when you regain willpower from a source you regain bonus equal to level? Or maybe ability to use blood for willpower purposes? Any suggestions would be most welcome. Cheers

Comment

• Constance

Passive Effect: Add your dots of Constance to your maximum Willpower. This dots also have points that you can spend and recover like any other Willpower.

Active Effect: At the cost of a point of Vitae you can do one of the following (up to a maximum of uses per Scene equal to your Constance):
                        • Add your Constance dots to a Resistance Contested roll that uses either your Composure or your Resolve.
                        • Substract your dots of Constance from an atacker's pool of a Resisted power that involves either your Composure or Resolve.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

• I like the Passive power a lot, but the active abilities lack teeth. I'd recommend removing the "Maximum uses per scene" clause, and giving the active effects a little extra bonus. Maybe +2 for contested, +1 for resisted. That way active Constance would be at least as good as a point of Willpower. Might also want say that Constance can be used unconsciously, allowing vampires to defend against magic they don't notice without automatically altering character's to power usage.

Onyx Path Moderator
                          Mod Voice is RED*

Comment

• It will be better than a point of Wilpower as it could be between 4 and 9 more rolled dice or between 3 and 8 more dice penalties, and can be used in adition to Willpower wich you will have tons of. Hence the limit. And Vitae is way easier to get than Willpower even with the new rules.

I could see removing the limit, but between 1 and 5 more dice for you (or less for your attacker) seems enough.

What about this:

Active: when you use Willpower you can add your Constance dots to the number of dice or the increase in a Resistance Attribute you get from it by also paying a Vitae.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

• Originally posted by Shenron View Post
                              How about the Bohagande bloodline? One of my favorites
                              Ask and ye shall receive.

Reading the Bohagande the Bloodline tickled my interest. The revision is a little experimental, as I made the Bloodline clanless. It's more like an additional curse, atop the one vampires already bear, that the Bohagande have managed to work around (through Sunnikuse). Also, to give them that Fate Witch feel I wrote a bunch of Threnodies instead of Devotions.

Check it out. The full version was a little too long to squeeze in post. So here's the bloodline and discipline, Threnodies are in the doc (sorry Gdocs haters)

Bohagande

Clan: None
                              Bohagande is not a Bloodline in the traditional sense, it is associated with no clan and is not passed on through blood. Bohagande is a curse, one of unknown origin. The common belief is that Bohagande afflicts Revenants who have consumed their creator and become full kindred, a lingering doom that makes evident their crime. Others claim it’s a form of sorcery, or an affliction from the Strix. These beliefs, coupled with the Bohagande’s general misfortune, leads those of the Bloodline to be outcasts and nomads.

Bloodline Disciplines: As Original Clan, Plus Sunnikuse

Bloodline Bane: Black Karma
                              The Bohagande are hated by fate, constantly cursed with misfortune. They possess a persistent version of the Tainted Condition as though they’d diablerized a Vampire with Blood Potency equal to their own. This does not manifest as whispers or distraction, but simple bad luck.
                              Bloodline Discipline: Sunnikuse
                              Note: Use the chart on Page 42 of Bloodlines: The Hidden to modify Sunnikuse rolls.

Jinx
                              Cost: None
                              Dice Pool: Wits + Larceny + Sunnikuse - Blood Potency
                              Duration: One roll
                              Touching her victim lightly the Bohagande performs a quick exchange of karma, her bad luck for his good. The victim’s next mundane attribute or skill roll takes a penalty equal to her successes, and the Bohagande’s next mundane attribute or skill adds an equal number of dice. This effect lingers for only a scene, if either does not make any further rolls during the scene the benefits of Jinx fade.

Evil Eye
                              Cost: 1 Vitae
                              Dice Pool: None, Improves Jinx
                              Action: Reflexive
                              The Bohagande is no longer bound by proximity, a simple glance is enough to devour a man’s karma. This enhances Jinx, allowing the Bohagande to use it against anyone she can see as a reflexive action. She may even use it in response to actions, though she must be aware of the action (thus Wits + Intelligence roll for memory would be hard to affect, but a Dexterity + Drive roll would be quite simple).

Calamity
                              The Bohagande are not limited to sipping at karma, she may devour it trading windfall for calamity. This enhances Jinx, victims lose the 10-again, 9-again, 8-again and Rote quality from the cursed roll (this may invoke a Clash of Wills against supernatural fortune). Should the victim fail the cursed roll he suffers a Dramatic Failure. Similarly, if the Bahagande succeeds her next roll the results are upgraded to an Exceptional Success.
                              Note: Only the results become exceptional, no extra successes are added. So while a blessed attack might deliver a nasty condition, it will not deal any extra damage.

Curse of the Crow
                              Cost: 2 Vitae
                              Duration: Scene
                              Misfortune is rarely isolated to a single incident, truly bad luck is a curse that sticks with you. When activating Jinx the Bohagande may specify a single skill, cursing it to failure. The penalties from Jinx apply to all rolls of that skill for the remainder of the scene. The Bohagande, on the other hand, gains a bonus to that skill equal to her successes for the same period.

Dark Day
                              Cost: 3 Vitae
                              Dice Pool: Wits + Larceny + Sunnikuse vs Resolve + Blood Potency
                              Duration: One Day
                              Everyone has a bad day every now and then, but rarely one so bad as that a master of Sunnikuse can inflict. The Bohagande must either touch her target or verbally curse him to his face, in doing so she dooms him to a day of terrific misfortune. The lights are always red, conversations start off on the wrong foot, coin flips never go his way. This goes beyond anything that can be handled by simple game mechanics, instead the storyteller is encouraged to present cursed characters with constant misfortune and weave the curse in throughout the Chapter.
                              To the Bohagande there is a single, massive benefit. While a victim remains cursed the Bohagande Bloodline Bane will not rear it’s head. Providing her a single day in which fate is not out to get her.

Sample Misfortunes:
                              • Any time the character engages in a game of chance, he loses.
                              • All NPCs are automatically one step more hostile towards him.
                              • Extended Actions take twice as long.
                              • Negative Tilts and Conditions don’t resolve.

Onyx Path Moderator
                              Mod Voice is RED*

Comment

• Originally posted by PenDragon View Post
                                Ask and ye shall receive.

Reading the Bohagande the Bloodline tickled my interest. The revision is a little experimental, as I made the Bloodline clanless. It's more like an additional curse, atop the one vampires already bear, that the Bohagande have managed to work around (through Sunnikuse). Also, to give them that Fate Witch feel I wrote a bunch of Threnodies instead of Devotions.

Check it out. The full version was a little too long to squeeze in post. So here's the bloodline and discipline, Threnodies are in the doc (sorry Gdocs haters)

Bohagande

Clan: None
                                Bohagande is not a Bloodline in the traditional sense, it is associated with no clan and is not passed on through blood. Bohagande is a curse, one of unknown origin. The common belief is that Bohagande afflicts Revenants who have consumed their creator and become full kindred, a lingering doom that makes evident their crime. Others claim it’s a form of sorcery, or an affliction from the Strix. These beliefs, coupled with the Bohagande’s general misfortune, leads those of the Bloodline to be outcasts and nomads.

Bloodline Disciplines: As Original Clan, Plus Sunnikuse

Bloodline Bane: Black Karma
                                The Bohagande are hated by fate, constantly cursed with misfortune. They possess a persistent version of the Tainted Condition as though they’d diablerized a Vampire with Blood Potency equal to their own. This does not manifest as whispers or distraction, but simple bad luck.
                                Bloodline Discipline: Sunnikuse
                                Note: Use the chart on Page 42 of Bloodlines: The Hidden to modify Sunnikuse rolls.

Jinx
                                Cost: None
                                Dice Pool: Wits + Larceny + Sunnikuse - Blood Potency
                                Duration: One roll
                                Touching her victim lightly the Bohagande performs a quick exchange of karma, her bad luck for his good. The victim’s next mundane attribute or skill roll takes a penalty equal to her successes, and the Bohagande’s next mundane attribute or skill adds an equal number of dice. This effect lingers for only a scene, if either does not make any further rolls during the scene the benefits of Jinx fade.

Evil Eye
                                Action: Reflexive
                                The Bohagande is no longer bound by proximity, a simple glance is enough to devour a man’s karma. This enhances Jinx, allowing the Bohagande to use it against anyone she can see as a reflexive action. She may even use it in response to actions, though she must be aware of the action (thus Wits + Intelligence roll for memory would be hard to affect, but a Dexterity + Drive roll would be quite simple).

Calamity
                                The Bohagande are not limited to sipping at karma, she may devour it trading windfall for calamity. This enhances Jinx, victims lose the 10-again, 9-again, 8-again and Rote quality from the cursed roll (this may invoke a Clash of Wills against supernatural fortune). Should the victim fail the cursed roll he suffers a Dramatic Failure. Similarly, if the Bahagande succeeds her next roll the results are upgraded to an Exceptional Success.
                                Note: Only the results become exceptional, no extra successes are added. So while a blessed attack might deliver a nasty condition, it will not deal any extra damage.

Curse of the Crow
                                Cost: 2 Vitae
                                Duration: Scene
                                Misfortune is rarely isolated to a single incident, truly bad luck is a curse that sticks with you. When activating Jinx the Bohagande may specify a single skill, cursing it to failure. The penalties from Jinx apply to all rolls of that skill for the remainder of the scene. The Bohagande, on the other hand, gains a bonus to that skill equal to her successes for the same period.

Dark Day
                                Cost: 3 Vitae
                                Dice Pool: Wits + Larceny + Sunnikuse vs Resolve + Blood Potency
                                Duration: One Day
                                Everyone has a bad day every now and then, but rarely one so bad as that a master of Sunnikuse can inflict. The Bohagande must either touch her target or verbally curse him to his face, in doing so she dooms him to a day of terrific misfortune. The lights are always red, conversations start off on the wrong foot, coin flips never go his way. This goes beyond anything that can be handled by simple game mechanics, instead the storyteller is encouraged to present cursed characters with constant misfortune and weave the curse in throughout the Chapter.
                                To the Bohagande there is a single, massive benefit. While a victim remains cursed the Bohagande Bloodline Bane will not rear it’s head. Providing her a single day in which fate is not out to get her.

Sample Misfortunes:
                                • Any time the character engages in a game of chance, he loses.
                                • All NPCs are automatically one step more hostile towards him.
                                • Extended Actions take twice as long.
                                • Negative Tilts and Conditions don’t resolve.
                                Ah, thank you very much. That is awesome. How would it look if we kept in a bloodline from the Gangrel?

Comment

Working...
                                X