Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about your Nameless

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tell me about your Nameless

    Seriously, the Nameless is one of the coolest things in B&S in my opinion (I mean, he feels like Requiem version of the Emissary of Nexus from Exalted) and after I've made thousands of theories about VII and the strixs, now my brain can't stop thinking about what the Nameless could be.. Because of his aesthetics (shadowy figure with glowing eyes) and his seemingly dislike toward Lancea et Sanctum, I think it is connected to the strixs somehow- so here are few theories my mind made up for him:

    a) an evolved strix. When strixs lives long enough and manage not to split itself, it start absorbing other strixs until it turns into an human like form.

    b) The Nameless is to the Man what the strixs are to the Beast, hence his control over Theban Sorcery. He is also just the first one- and there are others in the way.

    c) Remember that it was said that if a strix use Synthesis over a supernatural being, weird things happen? This is what happen when it use it on a demon. It stopped the Theban Sorcery for seeing it as part of the God Machine's influence, and limits the number of kindred to 4 because for demons 4 is really a magical number.

    so, what about your theories?


    My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

    On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
    I now blog in here

  • #2
    Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    c) Remember that it was said that if a strix use Synthesis over a supernatural being, weird things happen? This is what happen when it use it on a demon. It stopped the Theban Sorcery for seeing it as part of the God Machine's influence, and limits the number of kindred to 4 because for demons 4 is really a magical number.

    so, what about your theories?
    This thought came to mind when I read it as well. I didn't go demon though, like Bloody Mary (which I intend to use in such a fashion) from Danse Macabre I felt it had a feel of True Fae/Strix (well I didn't think Strix then like I do now). I hope as other updated core books come down the line that the lines blur some more so that the world feels organically together. Nothing blunt, just hints of possibilities that can be picked up.


    "Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Sandman (Neil Gaiman)

    Comment


    • #3
      I didnt see the nameless in the book, yet, but it sounds like a Shadow Person.

      Comment


      • #4
        It's some kind of existing boogey man in the short description of Montreal. "It" is responsible for the Kindred not playing "the Grand Game". It is blamed for the death of two dozen Kindred in a single event in 1970, preventing a "hostile political takeover". It set up rules that all Kindred follow since then...
        Sounds like great story potential!


        Am I man
        or am I beast
        or am I just like you?

        Comment


        • #5
          Thread necromancy: I don't know if this has been brought up before: Tsihstekeri, the Ventrue line in the city, means "owl" in Mohawk.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hm - fun fact in Nigeria and parts of West Africa it's desperately bad luck to call an owl by its name.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by That Other Guy View Post
              Hm - fun fact in Nigeria and parts of West Africa it's desperately bad luck to call an owl by its name.
              Very, very bad luck.


              David A Hill Jr
              Freelance Writer
              Independent Game Designer

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MachineIV View Post

                Very, very bad luck.
                Traditionally you refer to them as 'the bird that scares you' or 'those evil birds'

                Comment


                • #9
                  Creepy Fact: I know a senior citizen that keeps an owl skull in a bag above her front door to keep evil spirits out. Apparently the spirit of the owl scares away the nasty things. (Makes you wonder how mean the owl spirit has to be in order to do that, right?)
                  Folklore is nice sometimes.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I assumed it was just a powerful Gangrel with full mastery of protean. I can't remember the name but the 5 dot power for protean lets you transform into a smoke cloud with glowing eyes.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MachineIV View Post

                      Very, very bad luck.
                      This all thread was worth it just to see that comment :P

                      However- I've just thought about something: because of the aesthetics of the Nameless and the fact that B&S present the strixs as "story triggers", it kinda makes the connection between the Nameless and the Owls into almost too obvious.. so wouldn't it be scarier if the Nameless wouldn't be connected to the strixs? I mean, here come the characters, who did an extensive research about the strixs, and who are sure that they finally ready to get rid of the mysterious tyrant of Montreal- when they discover that they made a big (maybe even fatal) mistake...

                      any ideas about that line of thought?

                      (edit- not that I have any problem with connecting the Nameless to the strixs. I really like thinking that there is a connection- but I simply wonder about any other possibilities)


                      My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

                      On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
                      I now blog in here

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I know nothing about mages. And neither do vampires. A mage with a hair up his arse about kindred?


                        Ortam + Malkavia makes a Requiem fun.
                        Posts in this colour are Persuasion.
                        Posts in this colour are Seduction.
                        Posts in this colour are Intimidation.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I honestly considered that it may be one of the Gentry, personally. Some funky one that has some Shadow People (as previously mused) like Themes, or one of those entities from the Death Dream dominion from Book of the Dead if it wasn't a Strix. Seemed an interesting alternative.


                          Werewolf: the Forsaken Overhaul: A W:tF Shard and House Rules, Pre-Idigam Chronicles and taking different route. Constantly being Updated.
                          New Bloodlines and Blood and Smoke Updates: Homebrew Bloodlines and updates to prior ones.
                          Belial's Brood Blood and Smoke: An updated take on the Forsworn.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LostLight View Post

                            This all thread was worth it just to see that comment :P

                            However- I've just thought about something: because of the aesthetics of the Nameless and the fact that B&S present the strixs as "story triggers", it kinda makes the connection between the Nameless and the Owls into almost too obvious.. so wouldn't it be scarier if the Nameless wouldn't be connected to the strixs? I mean, here come the characters, who did an extensive research about the strixs, and who are sure that they finally ready to get rid of the mysterious tyrant of Montreal- when they discover that they made a big (maybe even fatal) mistake...

                            any ideas about that line of thought?

                            (edit- not that I have any problem with connecting the Nameless to the strixs. I really like thinking that there is a connection- but I simply wonder about any other possibilities)
                            There's a reason it seems too obvious. There are some clues people haven't picked up on yet (at least, nobody's posted about on the forums). A couple of the clues have come up. But not the ones I'd call essential.


                            David A Hill Jr
                            Freelance Writer
                            Independent Game Designer

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MachineIV View Post

                              There's a reason it seems too obvious. There are some clues people haven't picked up on yet (at least, nobody's posted about on the forums). A couple of the clues have come up. But not the ones I'd call essential.
                              Are Rule V and the unstated headcount cutoff in Rule II among those clues?
                              Last edited by Satchel; 02-21-2014, 09:26 PM.


                              Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                              Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X