No announcement yet.

Vampiric Psychokinesis; how to add it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could see the logic behind, especially in cWoD where reality is... wonky, but not my cup of tea. It'd be an interesting option to see written out. Though one could take the merit and sub Vitae for Willpower, and get there, one'd think.

My Homebrew
    Star Wars d10
    The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
    Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

Comment

Nice doc, DreamingGod. Are you planning on developin it further? And great psychokinesis by Amechra, by the way, but i miss a "shield" option between the actives

Userhat Aegpts Vlrs. Coren "Ojos de Fuego". Mithrael. Menehet.

Comment

I am. I stopped dead in my tracks last time, because of life, but I do want to develop it. Partly because my home game is going to take a mix between MAsquerade and LoK vampires as what exists. So, there's that. I like the transformation themes.

My Homebrew
        Star Wars d10

Comment

My immediate thought as far as a devotion version was Auspex/Vigor (probably auspex 4 with the idea that you're projecting your thoughts in a sort of "solid" manner). Vigor could double up as Amechra's Psychokinesis dots, except maybe adding a vitae cost to summon the vectors for a scene.

Comment

Well. Yes, Devotions are nice, but I did call out Psychokinesis as a Discipline. Which amechra delivered, and I'm using. But, it does bring to point a pet peeve I have with Devotions (and I love Devotions, was a big fan of Combo-Disciplines back in cWoD and loved Devotions in the core) but it seems anything new is automatically wanted to be regulated for a Devotion, and for somethings, where you want it to be a more... intrinsic power, than a secret technique, Devotions don't work for it.

I've always viewed them as very personalized, or secret techniques. but that may just be me.

My Homebrew
            Star Wars d10

Comment

Yeah, but some people are picky about that sort of thing.

You could see this as the prototype version. Someone figured out a devotion and then used the core principles to form a common discipline anyone could learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Phersus View Post
                Nice doc, DreamingGod. Are you planning on developin it further? And great psychokinesis by Amechra, by the way, but i miss a "shield" option between the actives
                Someone called for shield? Now you can use your psychokinetic powers to batter away attacks!

And friends, friends, there is no need for the fighting!

Biokinesis (Protean ••, Psychokinesis ••)
                Action: Persistent
                Cost: None
                Dice Pool: None
                XP Cost: 2
                Effect: The Gangrel may force their body into novel shapes; with the help of an overpowering will, they can force their bodies to repair themselves. Characters with this Devotion automatically heal one Lethal damage, as well as a number of levels of Bashing damage equal to their Psychokinesis dots, whenever they go through Daysleep, their mind-body recognizing that such imperfections as wounds have no place in their flesh.

Brute Mind (Nightmare •••, Vigor ••)
                Action: Instant
                Cost: 1 Vitae
                XP Cost: 3
                Effect: The Beast curled in the Kindred's heart can be trained to strike out with the precision of a serrated scalpel; the monster's reach is long, and there is nowhere safe to hide.
                This Devotion allows the Vampire to use the Monstrous Beast as a means of brutally altering the world around them; they may attempt Feats of Strength at a range of up to 10 yards by lashing out against an object or character and spending one Vitae. If the subject wouldn't normally be a valid target for their Predatory Aura, they apply its size as a penalty to their roll; otherwise, follow the normal rules for Lashing Out.
                Regardless of how they succeed, they may perform a Feat of Strength involving that character as if they were right next to them; armatures of smoke and shadow erupt from the Vampire's brow to lift, smash, or throw.

Matter Over Mind (Praestantia or Vigor ••, Psychokinesis ••)
                Action: Persistent
                Cost: None
                XP Cost: 3
                Effect: While no muscles are involved in a Vampire's Vectors, the Beast doesn't care. It will force its spectral muscles inside these phantom limbs, not-there blood pumping through absent veins. If the Vampire qualifies for this Devotion with Praestantia, they add their dots in Praestantia to their Vector's Precision; if they qualify with Vigor, they add their dots in Vigor to their Vector's Force.
                Last edited by amechra; 06-17-2015, 05:15 PM.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

Brute Mind. Now I'm imagining a Nosferatu scaring objects so that they fly away. :P Great Devotions, Matter over Mind is a great one. (I forget about Praestantia way too often.)

My Homebrew
                  Star Wars d10

Comment

One thing though on the Elfen Lied/Psychokinesis Discipline... why go through the trouble of making up new attributes instead of using the vampires normal ones, or using Power and Finess? Seems round about and evena bit extraneous, if not additionally unnecessary.

Comment

I'd say so you can add the Discipline dots into the Calculation without having to say (Attribute + Psychokinesis) every time.

My Homebrew
                      Star Wars d10

Comment

Originally posted by Dreaminggod View Post
                        I'd say so you can add the Discipline dots into the Calculation without having to say (Attribute + Psychokinesis) every time.
                        This is why. It saved me a lot of typing.

It also stopped me from having to repeat "the Vector's Strength" or "the Vector's Dexterity" all the time.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

In the sake of Seth, Sethos has to say: keep in mind that the obtenebration devotions of the Khaibit Bloodline (who live for Seth) have some Psychokinesis like abilities.

http://theonyxpath.com/the-shadow-and-the-asp/

Think about the Coil of Zirnitra as well.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.3yrs39jq6n1s

Comment

I know about the Coil. Which is why in my opening post, I mentioned how I didn't want a Coil also. :P

So, I don't know whether I should open a new post, but since I'm thinking about the LoK-esque vampires, I'll post my brain-spew here.

First of all, Clans and Clan Banes. Should clans have them? I'm thinking yes. I don't know if they'll come out looking like B&S Banes, being tied to Humanity and all, but they should. Another thing is, my home game-world uses a mix between Masquerade, VtR, and LoK vampires. In doing so, I've included the Salubim. A Kainified Salubri. I should probably wall the home stuff away from the 'canon' LoK stuff, but I'm not exactly sure I'll get to that.

Secondly, Metamorphosis and pupation. Vampires don't get mutation unless they go into Pupate. My thoughts on this is they need to have a full blood bool, and hunker down for Torpor. They activate Pupate and the blood weaves a 'cocoon' around them, the look depends on Clan really, and the Vitae is used changing their form permanently. Now, Pupation is voluntary, to an extent. You can rack up three or so Blood Potency, and then Pupate and come out looking like a monster. Along with this, I'm thinking undertaking Pupation should be a Breaking Point against Humanity.

Which brings me to Humanity, I'll probably get rid of Draugr, since LoK never hinted to inhuman vampires being mindless. Well, Turel was definitely inhuman, and nearly mindless until Raziel met him... But still. I'm on the fence if a cosmetic change should be a SECOND Breaking Point. Perhaps lower than Pupation. (Pupation is a Breaking Point 5 maybe? A Cosmetic Mutation Breaking Point at Humanity 2?)
                            Last edited by Dreaminggod; 03-01-2015, 07:37 PM.

My Homebrew
                            Star Wars d10

Comment

Originally posted by Dreaminggod View Post
                              I know about the Coil. Which is why in my opening post, I mentioned how I didn't want a Coil also. :P
                              Sethos missed that, which not means that the great Seth missed it... to be serious, sorry, I missed that.

To your brain-spew (I would open a new post): You are free to do with your game what you want. If “Masquiem” works for you and your group everything is good. The Pupate-thing is interesting. I wouldn’t do that with Requiem but can imagine to see it in an unrelated vampire-story. I just wounder, if you use the game so freely, why you do not just use some of the numerous Psychokinesis-like abilities in the old and new WoD and declare that they work for Vampires?

Back to the topic: Since B&S/Second Edition I try to solve all such problems with devotions (as some people just mentioned here) rather than new disciplines. I'm not entirely sure which disciplines I would use to create a psychokinetic effect. I think I would ponder, if I just want the ability to move things with the mind, or if that is just what people see, if the devotion is used.

For example:

The ability to command an invisible being (a Ghost, a Spirit, a Shadow of course) would look like Psychokinesis.

A devotion of obfuscate and celerity could allow a Vampire to move things without been recognized as the one who moves them.

A Vigor related devotion, which gives the Vampire command over his own blood, could enable him to move Objects which are marked with vitae.

Last but not least Nightmare-Illusions could look like Psychokinesis.

Comment

If I were to go the Devotion route:

Auspex 4 + Vigor 1-5: telekinesis with a Strength equal to the Vigor in the prerequisite. Auspex proyects the mind and Vigor adds the strength behind it.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

Working...
                                X