B&S - Blood sympathy and Obfuscate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&S - Blood sympathy and Obfuscate

Just starting up a campaign and one of the players wants his sire to be unknown, his first major aspiration is to find out who and why. Blood sympathy sorts of screws that up, you'll do a roll that sooner or later succeeds and then you know the general directon of the guy. Anyone have a idea of how to work around it? I do have a few plotrelated ones but would you say Obfuscate for instance could help against it?

Originally posted by cobalus View Post
    Just starting up a campaign and one of the players wants his sire to be unknown, his first major aspiration is to find out who and why. Blood sympathy sorts of screws that up, you'll do a roll that sooner or later succeeds and then you know the general directon of the guy. Anyone have a idea of how to work around it? I do have a few plotrelated ones but would you say Obfuscate for instance could help against it?
    Have them not be in the city for a while. As far as Blood & Smoke goes, there is more general travel and cooperation between cities (Even quarantine of some cities). You could have him end up at the edge of a city and chances are... he won't be continuing.

Comment

Two ways, one simple, one mysterious.

Simple: Without a sire the character never learned how to tap into blood sympathy. It is simply a mystic muscle he has never flexed.

Mysterious: The character tries to invoke blood sympathy, but... it fails. Just fails. No matter how hard he tries. Interference by blood sorcery? A weird quirk of your sire's blood? Some other mystic condition or protection (like Occultation)? Time to find out!
      Last edited by saibot; 01-08-2014, 02:47 PM.

Politeness is the lubricant of social intercourse.

Comment

Forgot, it's set in the Nameless Montreal so noone leaves. .p

Thanks for the tips, I was considering some supernatural interference or having the sire set up some sort of blood sympathy trap, if you search for him you'll get a dose of his monstrous beast!

Comment

I suspect a Protection/Transmutation ritual could handle blood sympathy tracking as well. The sire could be an Acolyte or Theban Sorcerer and has rituals in place to prevent the use of blood sympathy against him.

Comment

This could be extended further, a Scale of the Voivode, an entirely new Coil, an Invictus Oath and perhaps even Carthian Law could be responsible, with some creativity. If you want to go even crazier you can have things like Infernal investments or the powers of mages, fae or strix (and many others!) involved. The World of Darkness is large, mysterious and terrifying. Pick what works best.

Politeness is the lubricant of social intercourse.

Comment

Lets not forget a dragon with a scale (or another mystery perhaps?) or, worse yet, the Nameless.

Comment

The character is a 12 year old girl whose parents died and left her a huge mansion and loads of money, Invictus had plans for her father but an old Ordo Dracul Nosferatu decided to kill the parents and sire the daughter, as a sort of Following the Dragons tail thing and also just to spite the Invictus. Noone else knows hes even around except for a few select Defiant.
                I like the idea of a special Voivode Coil.
                Thanks for all the ideas, I think I've got enough to form a plot now.
                (The player realised she's basicly batman, even has a butler....)

Comment

I'd say while Obfuscate is active, the direction sense etc. of Blood Sympathy simply doesn't register him; it suppresses the features of being a vampire after all, and that's one of the aspects tied into that. Honestly, at worst all it needs to be is a low dot merit to reflect a personal quirk of Blood Sympathy where you get the advantages of being able to sense/tap into others, but they not into you regardless. Prerequisite, Obfuscate 1 or so, figure out the rating and done. It's easy enough to work in why the merit developed/how they gained it through various story twists, though I think going the route of Coils/Scales for it may be overkill unless you want to focus on that aspect.

Werewolf: the Forsaken Overhaul: A W:tF Shard and House Rules, Pre-Idigam Chronicles and taking different route. Constantly being Updated.
                  New Bloodlines and Blood and Smoke Updates: Homebrew Bloodlines and updates to prior ones.
                  Belial's Brood Blood and Smoke: An updated take on the Forsworn.

Comment

Originally posted by cobalus View Post
                    The character is a 12 year old girl whose parents died and left her a huge mansion and loads of money, Invictus had plans for her father but an old Ordo Dracul Nosferatu decided to kill the parents and sire the daughter, as a sort of Following the Dragons tail thing and also just to spite the Invictus. Noone else knows hes even around except for a few select Defiant.
                    I like the idea of a special Voivode Coil.
                    Thanks for all the ideas, I think I've got enough to form a plot now.
                    (The player realised she's basicly batman, even has a butler....)
                    But Batman with SUPER POWERS! Rich, Immortal, and totally distractingly adorable... but scary! A child nossie seems like a perfect "Like a Lava Lamp... I know I shouldn't look... but I can't help it." thing. Certainly an interesting concept to actually play out.

Comment

Hmm, that's an easier explanation for sure, also works well with the sires concept. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X