Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of errata

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • List of errata

    I see that an updated version of Blood and Smoke has been released. I was just wondering if there was a bullet point collection of fixes available, for those of us who printed our copies of Blood and Smoke out?

  • #2
    I'm sorry, but I didn't maintain a list outside of annotations in the PDF file itself.

    Broadly, here's what changed:
    - Typos. These only affected rules in a few cases (for example, additional hours spent hunting provide positive modifiers rather than negative ones), and did not affect setting.
    - Some layout issues, like a missing line break or a wrong-sized header.
    - The way headers look. Not all top-level headers split the page anymore, and headers are now left-justified rather than right-justified.
    - Obfuscate 3 was both clarified and modified. Its relationship to Obfuscate 2 is now more clearly defined, and successfully lashing out against a vampire who's Obfuscated now shatters their Obfuscate. It was also clarified that tracking a vampire using Obfuscate 3 can be a teamwork action.


    Cavaliers of Mars Creator

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks, Rose! That's helpful to know. Keep up the great work!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
        - The way headers look. Not all top-level headers split the page anymore, and headers are now left-justified rather than right-justified.
        Positively delightful. Thank you!

        ETA: Um. In your FAQ, I think you're missing something: Dodge: (2 * ((lower of Wits or Dexterity) + Athletics))
        Last edited by Egarwaen; 01-14-2014, 05:03 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Aww, damn, and I even started a whole .txt with notes on typos and whatnot
          Glad to see you're faster!


          MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
            I'm sorry, but I didn't maintain a list outside of annotations in the PDF file itself.
            - The way headers look. Not all top-level headers split the page anymore, and headers are now left-justified rather than right-justified.
            That change is a pity. I liked the way the headers where organized. It was different from the other VtR books. In a good way.

            Comment


            • #7
              I did a quick look over the updated ebook. It looks good, with many of the fixes promised. I'll do a more thorough look through later.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
                - Obfuscate 3 was both clarified and modified. Its relationship to Obfuscate 2 is now more clearly defined, and successfully lashing out against a vampire who's Obfuscated now shatters their Obfuscate. It was also clarified that tracking a vampire using Obfuscate 3 can be a teamwork action.
                Aw, man! This was the only rules complaint I had in the book. Now the only things in the book I have to complain about are the Athens and Beijing writeups, and those are purely a matter of taste. With nothing to complain about, I'm now ruined! Ruined, I say!

                But no seriously, I really liked the tweaks and appreciate them greatly. Thank you!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Page 91: Physical Intensity. "For example, a Strength increase will reduce an opponent’s rolls to grapple him." That example seems to refer to the old grappling rules.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Page 99: "Dramatic Failure: Rolls to detect Sympathy cannot dramatically fail."

                    This seems to be wrong, since all rolls can dramatically fail - when the player choses to downgrade a failure to a dramatic failure. Or does this imply that the roll cannot be downgraded?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Murder-of-Crows View Post
                      Page 99: "Dramatic Failure: Rolls to detect Sympathy cannot dramatically fail."

                      This seems to be wrong, since all rolls can dramatically fail - when the player choses to downgrade a failure to a dramatic failure. Or does this imply that the roll cannot be downgraded?
                      I think it's pretty straightforward: no matter how catastrophically you roll, if you fail it just doesn't work. You can't downgrade it because it cannot go worse - or, if you wish, you can downgrade it but nothing happens at all.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        A new error has slipped in with the updates. Under the third dot power of obfuscate, Cloak of Night:

                        Cost:1 Vitae
                        There needs to be a space between the : and the 1. It's more noticeable in the PDF.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Murder-of-Crows View Post
                          Page 91: Physical Intensity. "For example, a Strength increase will reduce an opponent’s rolls to grapple him." That example seems to refer to the old grappling rules.
                          Ironically, while that wording is incorrect, spending Vitae to boost one's Strength rolls actually does still help for different reasons (since Grappling is a contested roll now).


                          Christopher Shaffer, freelancer.
                          WoD: W20 Rage Across the World, W20 Umbra
                          CofD: Night Horrors: The Unbidden, Night Horrors: The Tormented, "Legacy" in the WtF Anthology
                          Trinity Continuum: Aeon

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Murder-of-Crows View Post
                            I liked the way the headers where organized.
                            I'm not gonna knock anyone's preferences, but I gotta say that the 'old' headers were a right pain to read on my iPad Mini... The revision here is one that I applaud.


                            B.I.G. Bird spreads the word: Anybody with a heart votes love

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Phaolan View Post
                              I'm not gonna knock anyone's preferences, but I gotta say that the 'old' headers were a right pain to read on my iPad Mini... The revision here is one that I applaud.
                              It's working fine on my iPad mini...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X