Custom Masks and Dirges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Masks and Dirges

I think masks and dirges are one of the harder concepts to get a hang of in the new rules. Why don't we have a thread devoted to some custom masks and dirges our characters are using (or that we've come up with)? Normally this is where I'd post the first entry myself, but I must say I struggle a bit on this field, so I look to you others to open the first dance.

Edit: Wait, I think I might have an idea.
    Voyeur
    You enjoy watching the world and the people around you, more so than interacting with them. You take great pleasure out of observing someone's secret moments.
    Single willpower: Discover a secret, or a new person's habits.
    All willpower: Refuse to intervene in a situation you're observing, even though it would be the "right thing" to do.

It's a bit vague, but I think the intent is clear enough.
    Last edited by Unahim; 01-18-2014, 10:51 PM.

Homebrew
    - CtL 2E: Seeming Benefits for every Contract

I was gonna respond to this later and will probably just expand on this post but one of our players has Voyeur as their Dirge. The single willpower is pretty much the same, but the All Willpower is when you place yourself at considerable risk (like spying on a group of vampires or someone else who could sense you and do something if they did so).

Bully.
    Single Willpower: Mercilessly tormenting an individual.
    All Willpower: Get others who aren't obliged to follow PC to join in tormenting an individual.
    Last edited by nofather; 01-19-2014, 09:07 PM.

Comment

These are two my group made.
      Professional

A professional takes pride in work and the fruits of their labor. They don’t need a tangible reward or praise to motivate herself. Whatever the job, they’ll put their absolute best effort into the task at hand. Whatever their personal state, they can handle it.
      Single Willpower: Complete a task without regard for your emotional health or safety.
      All Willpower: Complete a difficult task or assignment at great personal risk.
      Idol

An idol wants to be adored, desperately. They want everyone around them to respect them, fear them or love them. Any combination thereof may be perfectly acceptable as well. What they do with that love, fear or respect is less concerning than others’ display of it.
      Single Willpower: Make somebody else pay attention to you, regardless of how they feel.
      All Willpower: Draw the wrong kind of attention on yourself, even if it puts you in danger.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

Haggler
        The haggler sees opportunities everywhere. She tries to seize these opportunites even if she has to take risks in order to sway her counterparts into agreements, and even if these agreements are dangerous for her.
        Single Willpower: Trick, coerce or persuade someobdy to accept a binding agreement that favors you over the other parties.
        All Willpower: Make a binding agreement that, if exposed or fulfilled by all parties, could threaten your Requiem.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          I was gonna respond to this later and will probably just expand on this post but one of our players has Voyeur as their Dirge. The single willpower is pretty much the same, but the All Willpower is when you place yourself at considerable risk (like spying on a group of vampires or someone else who could sense you and do something if they did so).
          Both work! I wanted something a bit selfish, rather than foolhardy, which is why I designed it as I did ^^ Good examples so far.

Homebrew
          - CtL 2E: Seeming Benefits for every Contract

Comment

Peacekeeper
            The peacekeeper makes sure the rules are followed. They are people who keep an eye on things and stick the boot in when things get out of hand, regardless as to whether they agree with the rules or not.
            Single Willpower: Put yourself at mild risk to stop an infraction of an area's laws.
            All Willpower: Burn a bridge or tarnish your credibility significantly for the sake of maintaining law and order

Comment

Manipulator
              A manipulator is bent on getting his way . . . but damned if he's going to do it himself when someone else can get their hands dirty instead.
              Single Willpower: Convince someone to perform a task for you they wouldn't do otherwise.
              All Willpower: Convince someone to take an action that puts them at risk of severe punishment, serious injury or Final Death so long as it benefits you.
              Last edited by Zsander; 02-01-2014, 03:06 PM.

"There is the world of light, and the world of darkness. And some in the light prefer the darkness." — Loren Eiseley, The Night Country

Comment

Creator
                The creator is an artist, a crafter, a maker of things. Whether objets d'art, tools, or weapons (or any combination of the above), they find inspiration in making something lasting, be it a portrait for the Prince to hang in her Haven, an expertly-forged blade for an Ordo Dracul Sworn of the Axe, a sociopolitical manifesto for the local Movement, or anything else.
                Single Willpower: Create a work that impresses or finds use, or put work toward the making of a greater creation.
                All Willpower: Sacrifice a social connection or forsake another serious obligation to work on your Magnum Opus instead.

"There is the world of light, and the world of darkness. And some in the light prefer the darkness." — Loren Eiseley, The Night Country

Comment

I've added all of these to my list for my game. Thanks.

I have an NPC who was once the leader of a warband; she loves the idea of others following her.

The closest official archetype would be cult leader:
                  Cult Leader

A cult leader wants for faith and devotion. He may have faith and devotion of his own, but he wants for a group to adore him and his word above all. This may or may not be a religious cult.
                  Single Willpower: Convince someone to deny logic because of your word.
                  All Willpower: Risk exile or death to defend your cult’s belief system.
                  I'm thinking a new archetype, Leader, should complement Follower and maybe Conformist:

Leader
                  A leader knows there is strength in numbers, and is convinced that he is the one to guide that strength. He is happiest with loyal followers at his back.
                  Single Willpower: Convince someone to follow a dangerous directive.
                  All Willpower: Demonstrate your worthiness to lead by risking serious consequences to defend your followers.

Comment

This thread is great.

I struggled to think of how to word one for Dependent, meaning you need someone to take care of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitalis View Post
                      This thread is great.

I struggled to think of how to word one for Dependent, meaning you need someone to take care of you.
                      I'd use some variation of Child.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

Conqueror

A conqueror exists to destroy and do anything to defeat foes. A conqueror will finish off an enemy and never leave their opponent standing.

Single Willpower: Defeat someone in combat who challenged you.
                        All Willpower: Needlessly kill someone who has been defeated.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitalis View Post
                          This thread is great.

Dependent

A dependent always needs someone helping him out. A guiding hand through thick and thin to overcome every day.

Single Willpower: Someone aids you in a minor task that you could do on your own.
                          All Willpower: Someone helps you overcome an obstacle that you could not accomplish on your own.

Comment

Plain
                            A plain just want live a pacific, common life
                            Single willpower: Avoid the spotlight when doing something unusual
                            Full willpower: Avoid the spotlight at any cost

Distant
                            The distant pass an air of superiority or menace that keep others away
                            One willpower: make someone avoid want to interact with you (for fear, awe or any other reason)
                            Full willpower: Make someone or a group avoiding interact with you in a critical situation

Friendly
                            The friendly want to connect with the others
                            One willpower: Create a bound with someone that unexpected, like a social outcast
                            Full willpower: Create a bound with someone that is really dangerous

Comment

Working...
                            X