Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd ed Julii clan; how would you crunch their Clan Weakness?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, cool. Cheers!

Comment

And the mechanics of their TYoN weakness are simple enough to be worth quoting here. All pools to resist ephemerals, including Strix, are capped by their Humanity.

Comment

I really like the mechanics given in Thousand Years of Night for the Julii but it does seem to clearly indicate a move away from the idea that the Julii are the progenitors of the Ventrue. They now have slightly different disciplines, slightly different favoured attributes, and a very different bane.

Comment

Very true, but the Julii bane is implied to be Strix-imposed. It might not actually be their original one.

Comment

Given that the five main clans have a default bane and an elder bane, I wonder if we can interpret the Strigid Curse is an elder bane. After all, the two Julii we meet in TYoN are survivors of Rome. The curse is more a fact about the Strix's hatred than a fact about the Julii. Maybe the Strix particularly hate the Roman Julii.

Then again, if it's the default bane, it'll allow for playing a neonate or ancilla Julii.

Comment

Originally posted by DubiousRuffian View Post
              Given that the five main clans have a default bane and an elder bane, I wonder if we can interpret the Strigid Curse is an elder bane. After all, the two Julii we meet in TYoN are survivors of Rome. The curse is more a fact about the Strix's hatred than a fact about the Julii. Maybe the Strix particularly hate the Roman Julii.

Then again, if it's the default bane, it'll allow for playing a neonate or ancilla Julii.

It could go either way depending on a ST's (&/or player group) preferences for a game.

I like just slighty different sets like Julii x Ventrue (x Gangrel) in that it opens room for a ST to come up with some fun "you're not quite the monster you claim/think you are" stealth dark secrets or reveals, among other things. Once did something along lines using the Khaibit's discipline set to make another, more obscure clan that could spawn shadow manipulators of their own through "convergent evolution" of sorts.
              Last edited by Baaldam; 06-06-2019, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X