Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd ed Julii clan; how would you crunch their Clan Weakness?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlaquin
    replied
    Originally posted by Thorbes View Post
    I tied my houseruled Ventrue Curse to the recovery of Willpower you get from Touchstones, instead of being automatic it involved a roll of Humanity. On a success they recovered a point (if that was the usual gain) or one per success (in case they would normally completely refilled the pool).

For the Julii you may go in other direction, not necesarily make it similar to the Ventrue one. Think what's the defining them of them and work from there. I would say is decadence.
    I loved the one you wrote on the old forums where they had a risk of over feeding.

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    Originally posted by The Boz View Post
    Doesn't that fit into the "Ventrue bane is just a 1XP tax" thing that many are irked by here?
    That's what I was going for. I wanted to make it functionally very similar to the Venture Clan Bane, while still being distinguished by flavor and some slight mechanical differences, like it was in 1e. If you dislike the Ventrue Bane, my take on the Julii bane is probably not for you. But don't knock it till you try it. When I first read the Ventrue Bane I disliked it for the same reasons, but after using it in play, I've grown to love it. It may only cost 1 experience to mitigate the penalty, it takes work in-character work to justify that purchase. The Bane is in the drama it creates, not the dice penalties.

Leave a comment:

• Thorbes
    replied
    I tied my houseruled Ventrue Curse to the recovery of Willpower you get from Touchstones, instead of being automatic it involved a roll of Humanity. On a success they recovered a point (if that was the usual gain) or one per success (in case they would normally completely refilled the pool).

For the Julii you may go in other direction, not necesarily make it similar to the Ventrue one. Think what's the defining them of them and work from there. I would say is decadence.

Leave a comment:

• The Boz
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
    The way I ended up doing it was that Julii don't gain the +2 bonus to Detatchment rolls for having only a single attached Touchstone (but still get the full +3 for having multiple).
    Doesn't that fit into the "Ventrue bane is just a 1XP tax" thing that many are irked by here?
    I'd use *both* malonkey1's ideas, "no 10-again on Detachment rolls, and Detachments can't get Exceptional Success results."
    Either that, or "no 10-again and 1 detracts successes on Detachment rolls".

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    The way I ended up doing it was that Julii don't gain the +2 bonus to Detatchment rolls for having only a single attached Touchstone (but still get the full +3 for having multiple). I actually wrote a full piece for them in the style of the other Clan writeups in B&S/2e. Or, most of it, anyway. Give me a few days and I'll finish it and post it. It's like 90% fluff, but seems like something worth sharing.

Leave a comment:

• malonkey1
    replied
    Their Detachment rolls lose 10-again (It's harder for them to care when they do harm), or Exceptional Successes don't give a condition (Morality rings especially hollow, andthey don'treally learn from mistakes)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X