No announcement yet.

Logistics of Blood Potency 6+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think any of that follows. A high blood potency elder would necessarily have to remain active in order to also remain fed. Also, humanity governs how easily Kindred relate to humans, not blood potency. A BP10 kindred with humanity of 4-6 would still be able to interact with humans.

As for why an elder might be avoiding torpor in the first place, I'd ask why should torpor be mandated at all in the first place? I mean there are good reasons to go into torpor but there are also good reasons not to.

This isn't really what I'm looking for, and clashes with what I perceive to be how kindred actually work in Requiem so eh.

Comment

Your right, it's your game. I just thinking is all. Using Unnatural Affinity(more for rules than anything else) plus maybe retainer merit(treat more as a herd) would show that elder strives to keep up with apperances. It's more of a quick solution but a lot of the previous mentions are duly worth noting.

Comment

I should add that the majority of elders in this thing I am working on almost certainly go into torpor to manage their dietary needs. I'm not rejecting that - nor the ability to feed from other supernaturals.

I have a few - like three - in this city I am statting up who require kindred blood. Two are Ordo Dracul and the third is Invictus and basically leases out her feeding grounds in exchange for "red rent." There are a handful of other elders who have been in torpor until the past few decades and who can survive on mortal blood. I haven't gone for unnatural affinity because it brings up questions I am not really prepared to answer, although it is certainly a viable solution, at least during the time when the elder has access to such creatures to feed upon, whether for mutual benefit or some other means.

Comment

Instead of unnatural affinity you could make it that each of these elders has a peculiar bane/quirk where they may personally only gain sustenance off humans with a certain blood type (ie. AB negative) and must also contain a minimum percentage of an element like potassium or iron.

Comment

Originally posted by tsusasi View Post
            Instead of unnatural affinity you could make it that each of these elders has a peculiar bane/quirk where they may personally only gain sustenance off humans with a certain blood type (ie. AB negative) and must also contain a minimum percentage of an element like potassium or iron.
            The Barrett Commission has begun an immediate investigation into the large public push by Mayor de Blasio to increase banana and broccoli consumption.

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by malonkey1 View Post
              The Barrett Commission has begun an immediate investigation into the large public push by Mayor de Blasio to increase banana and broccoli consumption.
              At which point they discover de Blaiso owns stock in Chiquita Banana and Monsanto contributed 6 million dollars to his election campaign and there's a new batch of genetically modified broccoli they want to unload on the public.

Comment

I went with the simplest solution for one of the elders in the background of my game: She's in a mutual blood bond with her retainer, whose blood is thin enough to feed on mortals. Then she feeds on him. It's a very codependent thing, though, and she's regarded as eccentric at best by her closest supporters.

Revlid wrote:
                Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiden View Post
                  I went with the simplest solution for one of the elders in the background of my game: She's in a mutual blood bond with her retainer, whose blood is thin enough to feed on mortals. Then she feeds on him. It's a very codependent thing, though, and she's regarded as eccentric at best by her closest supporters.

Ah, perversion. Always a good option.

Comment

This all depends a lot on the elder to be honest. The last elder that showed up in a game of mine Benedict tended to use his political power to minimize the danger. Since he was an unaligned but pretty powerful due to sheer age and general connections to the right people. He tended to do things like wait for a new vampire to screw up and make a masquerade violation then send them an offer to clean it all up and smooth it over in exchange for blood drinking. Or offer to give one faction some support if they are willing to send a few new Neonates up to his mansion for a good forever or so.

There is also things like being the sheriff of a city. In which case you can probably just tell the prince you need some lunch. Given in a lot of cities you'll be his arm into the city I can't see many disagreeing to set you up as long as you are competent enough. There is all the reason to keep you outside the blood bond as well because the higher it goes to once person the more he risks the sheriff getting a third level bond to someone and getting screwed over massively.

There is also the home invasion style where you don't have political connections don't give a hoot about the city you are in and just burst down the doors to other vampires home and drain them dry like some vampiric bogyman from hell. That feels more like a nomad thing to me though and tends to lead to someone either hiding very well or getting out of dodge with rapid speed.

This is assuming there is no real cheating going on. Which is unlikely elders to me tend to be the people who cheated the most to get where they are today.

Comment

Working...
                    X