Alpha Predators: The Strongest Vampires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Predators: The Strongest Vampires

Challenge: create a vampire at the heights of Kindred power. Start with the basic character creation. You gain 45 Experiences to raise Blood Potency to 10. You have 250 Experiences for everything else. You must create an actual character, not a one-dimensional white-room collection of numbers. Describe at least in brief how you might play this character, or her background, fill in some details. Go into as much detail as you like, but give us at least a little context. What can the character do? How have her supernatural strengths and frailties changes her life or distanced her from humanity? Does she embrace her role as an inhuman predator or does she try to stay grounded somehow? How has she managed to stay so strong without succumbing to torpor—or does it loom just around the corner?

Make an undead god of blood and hunger. Give it some (un)life and who knows? Maybe one day you'll get to play that character. We can always run through some scenarios once we have some characters and a sense of their place, see what it's like to stalk the night as a predator of vast and horrific power.

For the record, here are Experience costs to raise Attributes and Skills (starting at 1 for Skills or the average for Attributes) to maximum:

Attribute (2-10): 32
    Skill (1-10): 18

I'll participate, too, once I nail down a concept. I like the Gangrel best, so perhaps a Gangrel of the Ordo Dracul.

Freelancer • Available for work!

Is Unnatural affinity cheating?

Comment

I'll report back with the spider at the web of some sort of hideous globe-spanning financial conspiracy.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

I wanna do a Gangrel Ordo member too...

(Translation: I've got someone terrifying for you all to meet.)

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
          Is Unnatural affinity cheating?
          Not at all! But it deserves a mention of how your vampire is making use of it. Feeding from werewolves is all well and fine in theory, but in practice it is tough unless you have something really unusual worked out. Which you might! This is a chance to flex your creative muscles by building a character at a level you'll rarely get to see in play.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Redfield View Post

Not at all! But it deserves a mention of how your vampire is making use of it. Feeding from werewolves is all well and fine in theory, but in practice it is tough unless you have something really unusual worked out. Which you might! This is a chance to flex your creative muscles by building a character at a level you'll rarely get to see in play.

My vague idea is the Mehket level 2 masquerade. A hoarder of secrets who's profound curiousity is what keeps him going. He's always a neonate of Ancilla in whatever Covanant is his current interest. When he feels he's learned enough or gotten too "important" he "dies" or "falls into torpor" judicious use of obfuscate and dominate and some new sire "Remembers' embracing him just last night in a new city...

Along the way he's joined packs and cults, followed along on the pilgrmage always trying to eek out just abit more...

Comment

I love this! I'm writing my acolyte daeva right now. I really like building exceptionally strong characters like this, just at least to see what they can do and how massive I can get their dice pools.

Comment

Yeah, I love it too. Working on an Invictus Ventrue myself, gonna see how much of a tyrant I can make.

Comment

Here is my Alpha Predator, Vaiur The Wild King. He is a Crone Nosferatu who excels in Cruac and other disciplines and has a chip on his shoulder, due his long dead Mother.
                  Hope you guys like him !

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16f...WVmBAV21Pj8lVw

Comment

Are bloodlines open?

Comment

Originally posted by MCN View Post
                      Are bloodlines open?
                      I too am curious, particularly because a lot of of my elder concepts include a bloodlines that are not 2e compliant yet.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Here is mine, an ancient Mekhet from Carthage traveling the world to figure out the World Chronicles of Darkness:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

On the topic of Bloodlines, I ignored it for him. I could imagine some cool ideas for Gifts and Banes, though.

Politeness is the lubricant of social intercourse.

Comment

I don't see why Bloodlines wouldn't be allowed, especially since you're not putting the character into play and the suggestion that they might have 5 dots of a bloodline discipline would be enough to get across that they are masters of their bloodline's magic.

I was torn between a khaibit and a Child of Judas.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                            I don't see why Bloodlines wouldn't be allowed, especially since you're not putting the character into play and the suggestion that they might have 5 dots of a bloodline discipline would be enough to get across that they are masters of their bloodline's magic.

I was torn between a khaibit and a Child of Judas.
                            Children of Judas are my favorite bloodline. I'll probably do one of them or a Morbus.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Bloodlines are totally acceptable. If they're not in 2E already, you may have to provide some quick notes on what they do.

Comment

Working...
                              X