No announcement yet.

Bloodline: Usiri

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compare with the Malocusians who have to spend Willpower just to leave their havens or suffer a -1 penalty to all Mental and Social dice pools. It's not a big penalty, but permanent if they don't have a haven. Besides, it's possible to have a haven with a lower case 'h'. I.e. just a permanent residence but without the added security that comes with the Haven Merit.

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
      I fear that becomes too lenient. The Languid Condition is pretty rare. Has never come up in play in my game, at least.
      Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post
      I do like the themes of preparing the death chamber. It all but requires members of this bloodline to take the Haven merit, though, which feels a little weird.

I still like the Languid punishment, as it actually has come up quite a bit in my games. Granted, I had been running Touchstones wrong. I would be down for the extra vitae expenditure too - I like the Half the Blood Potency (rounded up) punishment, as it all bit bypasses low BP Kindred...and you keep a low BP by going into torpor....
      Another update.

-=-

The Sleeper's Curse
      The Usiri feel the pull of torpor more strongly than other Kindred, and must actively resist it. This mental and spiritual struggle eventually takes a toll, though, and only worsens until they finally fall into the sleep of ages. After they gain the Languid Condition, they lose one Willpower point every night until it is resolved. Furthermore, they require Vitae equal to half their Blood Potency, rounded up, to awaken from slumber or torpor.

"My Homebrew Hub"
      Age of Azar
      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

The extra blood hammers it home, though if you wanted to focus only on the Languid Condition, you could say the Usiri gain Languid more often - like when a Touchstone detaches rather than when they are completely lost. It encourages the Usiri to develop and maintain close mortal connections (cults, servants, etc) or heavily invest in a location like a funeral chamber. Every humanity loss then becomes a risk of gaining Languid.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy View Post
          The extra blood hammers it home, though if you wanted to focus only on the Languid Condition, you could say the Usiri gain Languid more often - like when a Touchstone detaches rather than when they are completely lost. It encourages the Usiri to develop and maintain close mortal connections (cults, servants, etc) or heavily invest in a location like a funeral chamber. Every humanity loss then becomes a risk of gaining Languid.
          Hmm. That's an interesting idea you pitched. Not sure if I should add it to the other effects on the Bane, or swap out something (like maybe the Willpower point loss).

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

I recommend trying to keep the amount of effects of a bane to a minimum.

I kinda like the idea of getting Languid more often, but in that case there really, really needs to exist a way of removing Languid without resolving it. Otherwise the Usiri would fall into torpor every single time they lose a dot of Humanity.

Comment

I kinda like the idea of getting Languid more often, but in that case there really, really needs to exist a way of removing Languid without resolving it. Otherwise the Usiri would fall into torpor every single time they lose a dot of Humanity.

Allowing some kind of time frame to get a new or deepen the connection with an old touchstone could have Languid dissipate, but not resolve for a beat, would make sense. (I allow players to lower an existing Touchstone on the humanity scale rather than have to buy a new Touchstone every time they invest in the merit). Alternatively - a meaningful interaction with a Touchstone could suppress the condition for some amount of time.

Comment

Maybe Holy's suggestion could work as part of the Bane for a different Bloodline. Like the Libitinarii? Their weakness in 1E also involved torpor, if I recall.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                Age of Azar
                The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

Maybe Holy's suggestion could work as part of the Bane for a different Bloodline. Like the Libitinarii? Their weakness in 1E also involved torpor, if I recall.
                  Just tossin' ideas in, no attachment on if they are used or not. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Holy View Post

Just tossin' ideas in, no attachment on if they are used or not. : )
                    Yeah.
                    Well, expect me to put that particular idea into my conversion for the Libitinarii, seeing as they may be the next bloodline I do.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                    Age of Azar
                    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Doesn't Languid go away if you buy a new Touchstone, though? It could very well be that they simply experience Languid whenever they do not have an attached Touchstone, encouraging them to buy up Touchstones. ...which is how I was convinced by my players how Touchstones actually worked, for years, until recently, so I can say that while annoying, it is definitely doable...which is how a Bloodline Bane should be. Also, you'd still have the extra vitae to spend to wake up.

Since Osiris is King of the Living, it makes sense that the Usiri would be required to maintain Touchstones or else slip into the sleep of the dead.

Comment

When losing your last Touchstone you could either take Languid right away, giving you a few days to get your affairs in order before falling to torpor, or lose a point of Humanity to give yourself a month to find a new Touchstone. Once that month is over you still get Languid unless you've found yourself a new Touchstone.
                        The only way to get rid of Languid once you have it is to resolve it, and the only resolution is torpor.

Comment

Working...
                        X