[2E Conversion] Danse Macabre Clan Benefits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E Conversion] Danse Macabre Clan Benefits

To those who've read through the Danse Macabre supplement, I'd like to ask this. If you were to port over the optional advantages of the Clans into 2E, would you treat them as inherent bonuses? Or as Merits exclusive to the Clans? Either way, posting them here, slightly tweaked and with new names.

EDIT: And formatted as one-dot Merits.

Forbidden Fruit (o)
    Prerequisites:
    Daeva
    The Daeva are creatures of impulse, and they know how to exploit those of the kine to their advantage. When taking actions against a character which exploit his/her Vice (or Dirge if it's another vampire), a Serpent gains a +3 bonus to all pertinent rolls. This may also apply to other supernaturals that possess no Vice (i.e: the Blood of Werewolves, the Legends of Beasts) at the Storyteller's discretion.

Primal Instinct (o)
    Prerequisites:
    Gangrel
    When reacting to a situation in the most primal way — sudden violence, rapid flight, snarling explosions of temper or savage lust — the Gangrel may add +3 to her dice pools, and (if it’s relevant) to Speed or Initiative for the first turn of a conflict, when the surge of instinctual reaction allows the vampire to act faster than thought. This initial burst vanishes in subsequent rounds (no more than five) as everyone else catches up, however. To use this, the vampire’s actions must be simple and lateral, with immediate results. Fight or flight. Gangrel may also add this bonus when detecting or reacting to ambush.

Child of the Night (o)
    Prerequisites:
    Mekhet
    When acting in total darkness, a Shadow may add +3 to all her dice pools. It requires very little light to break this effect — as little as a candle in a large room. The Mekhet prefer to use their speed and invisibility to stage deadly ambushes when forced into physical conflict, first plunging the kill-zone into complete darkness, and then unleashing hell on their victims.

Fear Itself (o)
    Prerequisites:
    Nosferatu
    There is little that can make the Haunts afraid. They automatically gain a +3 bonus when resisting Intimidation or other forms of Persuasion based around coercion or doubt. They may even add this bonus when resisting the effects of a fear frenzy or riding the wave, but only in situations where the Storyteller rules the Nosferatu is the keeper and creator of the fear and not the sufferer

The Grand Game (o)
    Prerequisites:
    Ventrue
    A Ventrue can look at a power structure, and tell you its strengths, deficiencies, stress points, and where it will all break down eventually. They have no particular insight into the working of any individual in such a system, but have an intuitive grasp of the whole. They may add +3 dice when examining a power structure or playing at politics themselves. This can include Social rolls made within the context of such a structure, such as during official court functions or while performing the duties of their office.
    Last edited by Deionscribe; 01-25-2016, 08:40 AM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

I seem to remember that Rose originally considered the idea that all Humanity levels have benefits and drawbacks. If you wanted to harken back to that idea, you could make the above benefits scaling, increasing in power the lower the vampire's Humanity.

If not that, the question of whether to do it as inherent bonuses or Merits comes down entirely to your intended play experience. They are a boost, but not so significant that giving them straight off the bat is game-breaking. On the other hand, being Merits would make them more special.

Politeness is the lubricant of social intercourse.

Comment

Originally posted by saibot View Post
      I seem to remember that Rose originally considered the idea that all Humanity levels have benefits and drawbacks. If you wanted to harken back to that idea, you could make the above benefits scaling, increasing in power the lower the vampire's Humanity.

If not that, the question of whether to do it as inherent bonuses or Merits comes down entirely to your intended play experience. They are a boost, but not so significant that giving them straight off the bat is game-breaking. On the other hand, being Merits would make them more special.
      Well, the more I think about it, the more they actually work better as Merits. I mean, it's not as if every Daeva is good at pushing buttons through Vices, or that all Nosferatu have the same resistance to fear.

This, then, begs the question of how they'd be rated according to dots. I assume one dot is enough?

"My Homebrew Hub"
      Age of Azar
      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

I agree with one dot.

My Bloodline conversions
        My House rules

Comment

Right, then. So, if I were to reskin these benefits as Merits, I'd just need to give them nicer names.

Primal Instincts and Child of the Night works for the Gangrel and Mekhet Merits. And here are some suggestions I have for alternative names...

-=-

Daeva = Apple of the Eye
          Nosferatu = Face of Fear (unless Fear Itself works?)
          Ventrue = Game of Kings (though "The Grand Game" works, too. And I really would use "Game of Thrones" if it wasn't the name of a certain TV show. Then again, the Grand Game is a big Dragon Age reference.)

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

The names you choose (Daeva: Forbidden Fruit ; Gangrel: Primal Instinct ; Mekhet: Child of the Night ; Nosferatu: Fear Itself ; Ventrue: The Grand Game) are all really good.

Comment

Right, then.

"My Homebrew Hub"
              Age of Azar
              The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Working...
              X