Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Vampire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vitalis View Post
    If an almighty divine power was in the room asking for help because some psycho frenzied monster was trying to kill it... You help it.
    Or you rightly assume the untouchable god-monster can take care of itself with regards to berserker offenses better than mere mortal you can.

Or you roll Resolve+BP - 5 to go against the wishes of the vampire. Because NOT helping it is CAUSING HARM. and as we know Idol says we can't cause them harm without Resolve+BP - 5.
    The principle of harm does not work on an unstated equivalence for the First Law of Robotics. Not throwing yourself in front of a speeding Gangrel is not the same thing as acting against the Idol because the Enthralled Condition is what represents that "or through inaction allow the Idol to come to harm" caveat that you're assuming is innate to the power.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by Malus View Post

A) That's some bullshit. B) it's physically impossible when you're doing something like grappling or chewing their throats off.

I can say it for experience: Someone teach you to look at the eyes of your opponent, someone else teach to look at his shoulder to have a peripheral vision of the whole body. But It's impossible to never look at the opponent eyes, even for just an instant, and even if you are directly trying to not watch at them. You should stay still with a silly and rigid expression. If you are fighting and are distracted, eyes watch around in a blink without you could even notice it. Eyes move constantly and without always a `conscious willing.
      In a grappling (from behind) or bite at her throat I could agree with you.
      Last edited by Marcus; 11-11-2017, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• When a vampire frenzies, does it look any different? I know protean makes a vamp transform, but does a vampire without any points in protean change due to the beast surfacing during frenzy or rage?

-Also, much love to everyone here!

Comment

• I'm sure it does to an extent. People who are pissed off look different than they do when they're happy. Do these changes convey any sort of bonus above and beyond what they get for being in frenzy like shooting death beams from their glowing eyes or super senses, or better swimming ability from webbed hands. Not unless your ST allows it. I allow minor changes for cosmetic purposes to encourage players to be more descriptive and award bonus XP if its consistant but not mechanical bonuses for combat.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Brassfit referred to just cosmetic changes like buffy.
            I usually describe frenzy vamp as full black eyes, theet extremely long and face lineament more marked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brassfist View Post
              When a vampire frenzies, does it look any different? I know protean makes a vamp transform, but does a vampire without any points in protean change due to the beast surfacing during frenzy or rage?
              Published banes can affect the vampire's appearance based on hunger; it certainly wouldn't be beyond reason for a variant based on different stimuli and Attributes to exist.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
              Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• Fangs out, eyes are (depending on frenzy provocation) filled with hate, predatory hunger or wide eyed fear, face may be twisted into a snarl or completely void of emotion. The key to identifying a frenzy is really the behaviour.

Comment

• Your beast should be able to feel when another is unleashed, IMO.

Comment

• Where can I find the "Impaled" tilt (Thrown Weapon Style, Hurt Locker)?

Comment

• does a vampire incur any penealties if trying to lash out at their sire via disciplines or any other attack?

Comment

• Originally posted by emmens View Post
                        does a vampire incur any penealties if trying to lash out at their sire via disciplines or any other attack?
                        They actually get a bonus.

P99, under Discipline Sympathies. 'As well as feeling the sensations of their relatives, vampires are more capable of using their Disciplines on those with whom they share blood ties. If a vampire uses a Discipline on a relative, add the blood sympathy bonus to the roll. Rolls made to enact CrĂșac sorcery use double this modifier.'

That said, often but not always a sire will be of higher Blood Potency than their childe. Higher Blood Potency often means greater supernatural tolerance against a variety of Disciplines, and responding to a vampire with higher Blood Potency Lashing Out requires a Willpower, as mentioned on p92.

Comment

• Originally posted by Live Bait View Post
                          Where can I find the "Impaled" tilt (Thrown Weapon Style, Hurt Locker)?

I believe there is a typo in that part, the tilt is actually called "Pinned". It's on page 143.

Comment

• Thanks, one of my players wanted to know if he could stake someone with it because that seemed too good to be true.

Comment

• Originally posted by emmens View Post
                              does a vampire incur any penealties if trying to lash out at their sire via disciplines or any other attack?
                              depends. Did the site remember to put a bit of Vinc on the new vampire?

joking aside, there are no mechanical penalties, but there are easy ways around all vampire disciplines. Lashing out, avoiding eye contact, tracking clues, clash of wills. Things a sire has a better chance of winning.

Comment

• Is Dominate 4 able to/intended to permit removal of skill dots? Their suppression (i.e. Amnesia Condition)?

If yes, would you limit such to a specific category or categories of skills (mental, physical, social)?

I assume that it could not be used to implant skills, as that's against the theme of vampire powers.

--Khanwulf

Comment

Working...
                                X