Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Vampire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vitalis View Post

You shouldn’t compare a ghoul to a revenant. These things are about the same as a wolf and a dog and a coyote.

Resilience gives you stamina dots. Ghouls can hold as much as their stamina dots. So if you have 5 resilience and 5 stamina for whatever reason, yes.... yes you’re ghoul can have 10 vitae.

Yes, your revanent would retain their knowledge from being a ghoul. So they would keep what they have access to.

And you are correct, ghouls can learn devotions. Revenants can’t, but I would say that this is a specific case. To me it wouldn’t make sense for someone to forget how to do something they knew before, but it would prevent them from learning more, as the book says.

You COULD argue the blood just couldnt sustain the power anymore.

Otherwise, sad thing is, devotions a ghould would have learned were likely NOT meant to prepare him for existence as a revenent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post

You COULD argue the blood just couldnt sustain the power anymore.

Otherwise, sad thing is, devotions a ghould would have learned were likely NOT meant to prepare him for existence as a revenent.

There is nothing anyone can do to prepare for being a revenant. They are mistakes...

If you had a ghoul that ended up as a revenant and made them change their devotions out because revenants can't learn them, then suddenly they get uplifted to a vampire, who can learn them, what do you do when they want them back? It wouldn't make much sense to make them forget it.

Preventing them from learning more seems much more coherent story wise.
      Last edited by Vitalis; 05-28-2018, 05:44 PM.

Comment

There is nothing anyone can do to prepare for being a revenant. They are mistakes...

know that

was being sarcastic

(though their is that revenant dynasty that was created when the last Dhampir of a extinct clan performed some ritual.... was wondering can a Dhampir be embraced?)

oh another thing I've wondered?

how do new sects, bloodlines, clans , proto covenants, spread?

the Malocian bloodlines clan weakness kept them from stepping foot out of their haven without the expedinture of a willpower point.

2 ideas?

https://www.therichest.com/luxury/mo...-in-the-world/

Or maybe a young Malocian Doesnt activate the bloodline and remains a ventrue until he's obtained a new haven in city he chose to move to?

Comment

• Ghouls don't add their Resilience to Stamina when calculating how much Vitae they can carry around.

Originally posted by Rose Bailey
          No. Stamina enhancements from supernatural effects don't count towards total Vitae.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poseur View Post
            Ghouls don't add their Resilience to Stamina when calculating how much Vitae they can carry around.

Does that still stand between editions? 2014 was 1st E. But damn! I stand corrected.

Comment

Does that still stand between editions? 2014 was 1st E. But damn! I stand corrected.

Actually, 2014 was 2ed with Blood and Smoke( and i think the renaming was during that year), and it was from a discussion about 2ed as well.

Comment

• Do Ventrue ever DOMINATE there touchstone/former touchstones?

Comment

• Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                  Do Ventrue ever DOMINATE there touchstone/former touchstones?
                  Nothing says you can't, but that's gonna be a breaking point for humanity most likely

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post

Nothing says you can't, but that's gonna be a breaking point for humanity most likely
                    Why would it be? Feeding off your touchstone isn’t a breaking point and you’re deliberately inflicting Lethal damage on them and running the risk of killing them every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsusasi View Post

Why would it be? Feeding off your touchstone isn’t a breaking point and you’re deliberately inflicting Lethal damage on them and running the risk of killing them every time.
                      I would personally think it would be, if only it be a houserule of mine. By Dominating them you are a essentially changing them at best brainwashing them at worst to fit your demands. Given how Humanity represents your link to your lost humanity, doing such things to people who are so close to you just feels like it would be a breaking point. Tho whether it would be a high or low one I haven't determined, probably not that low. This is just my thoughts on it if I were to run it, so if you think it wouldn't then be my guest.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsusasi View Post

It might be. It's not in the chart but i guess more then a few tables sees eating of or messing with your Touchstone as pretty damn damnable and could constitute Breaking Points.

also:
                        Originally posted by Core Book
                        The listed breaking points are examples only. Add breaking points
                        at Storyteller discretion, or shift these up or down to fit the situation.
                        Typically, the more personal the event is, the lower level a breaking
                        point it should be

Comment

• I mean controlling a love one and not talking there consent into there account seems kinda off unethical

Comment

• Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                            I mean controlling a love one and not talking there consent into there account seems kinda off unethical
                            Anymore then doing that to a stranger?

Comment

• Yah kind of ... killing a stranger is bad ,, but abusing someone trust in you seems like it would by more of a breaking point , vampire does have a sexual predator subtext ,,,.you know long term abuse vs just stabbing someone

Comment

• Half damned says Dhampir's and ghoul's sometimes manifest Chary

and some long extinct clan had a discipline identical to it... in spite of manyy of the power's of Chary ONLY mattering because of a revenents unique condition

or Am I just being an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X