Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Vampire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
    without anchoring yourself to concepts that fit more in human society.
    Personally that there is why I love the Circle, compared to the other Covenants the Circle lets you get weird and revel in subcultures like Wicca, Goth Culture and other interesting outlook's that no one else even gets.

But you also don't need to, I ran the Circle once as a New Age Spiritually led Self Help start-up selling Probiotic Yogurt. Except the Yogurts where cursed with Crúac so other Vampires could smell the drinkers blood instinctively so they knew that the humans who drunk the Yogurt most likely had positive lifestyles so wouldn't have any garbage in their veins. No one else can pull that off!

Find my Homebrew so far here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    So far its Demon Merits, Vampire 1e to 2e ports and a Knowledge collection mechanic for the Ordo Dracul!

Comment

• Well how do they work in terms of worship? Is the crone one pagan goddess with superiority over all others, or is she the manifestation of all pagan vampiric mythology. Lastly, and im talking mostly from the secrets of the covenants book, what leads them to wanting to find cosmic secrets

Comment

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
        Well how do they work in terms of worship?
        "However they like," is the simple answer.

Is the crone one pagan goddess with superiority over all others, or is she the manifestation of all pagan vampiric mythology.
        I mean, the text is pretty clear on that, I think:

Our Mother is a concept. Our Mother is a literal entity that exists and can be flesh or spirit or nothing. Our Mother is a convention we create for ourselves so we can exist night to night without just killing ourselves. Our Mother is Crúac, nothing more or less than that. All of these things are true.
        Lastly, and im talking mostly from the secrets of the covenants book, what leads them to wanting to find cosmic secrets
        The same things that drive vampires to do anything over a long enough span of years. The need for self-expression. A connection to something bigger. The keys to transformation (of the self or the world - it seldom helps to be picky). A means of learning things to do, things to be, when "vampire" ceases to be a meaningful answer to the question on its own.

It's life. All the little things that vampires hang onto and form other covenants for are also why the Circle isn't just a big collection of draugr that fell off the deep end. They're magical beings that grow in magical ways. They inhabit a world where magic exists in numerous weird and virulent forms. They're short-lived and fragile enough that the means of controlling or understanding how it affects them has an appeal that's hard to deny.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
        Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

• So the circle of the crone is a confederation of vampires who want to celebrate what they are, to delve into the otherworldly aspects of themselves that they can express through their own pagan religions.

And I remember that quote, probably should've really thought about it more

Comment

• Basically. That's what all Covenants are when you look at it, answers to what it means being a vampire and what you should do.

Comment

• Have all the rules for the clan books been adapted to 2nd edition? Whether officially or homebrew

Comment

• Officially - sort of, some of the merits where reprinted in 2e core and hollow mekhet showed up in thousand years of night. Also most of the bloodlines, devotions and merits work as is.
                Homebrew, some have. I've seen the setites have had a conversion, as has malkav (and some really good ones, check the homebrew thread). Was there anything in particular you where looking to get updated? I'm currently working my way through the 1e books converting stuff as a personal challenge. If you wanted something bumped up Im happy to skip ahead and convert it

Find my Homebrew so far here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
                So far its Demon Merits, Vampire 1e to 2e ports and a Knowledge collection mechanic for the Ordo Dracul!

Comment

• Thank you LordofIron. the red surrender and "caging the beast" on your list of conversions

Comment

• Hmm I have an idea for Red Surrender, turn it into 1-3 worsening conditions granting beats for falling to your beast and taking decisions that risk humanity.

Not sure what you mean by "Caging the Beast" - can't seem to find a section on that unless you mean Dragur in which case Thousand Years of night has some details and the other "bits" about Gangrel Dragur work without much change.

I am currently using this thread as a hub for my conversions. Ill finish up the Carthian bits then move onto the Red Surrender in the next few days. If you have any Q's or ideas we can talk about it there as to not clutter the simple question thread

Comment

• When using Coil of the Voivode 3, does the target realize they’re drinking extra vitae?

Comment

• Originally posted by BacchicOne View Post
                        When using Coil of the Voivode 3, does the target realize they’re drinking extra vitae?

It depends and is completely situational since numerous factors can enhance or lessen the likelihood of realization.
                        If the individual never encountered vitae before, they most likely wouldn't unless they had some kind of preternatural sense.
                        A ghoul possibly would since their vitae reserves would increase accordingly and are highly likely to end up vomiting the excess.
                        Another kindred would for similar reasons sans the likelihood of vomiting though unless they were fed to maximum capability.

Comment

• Fire deals lethal damage except to vampires who upgrade it to aggravated damage. How would you deal with fire that has been supernaturally boosted to deal aggravated damage as base damage?

Bloodline: The Stygians
                          Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                          Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Just have it deal Aggravated.

Comment

• That's RAW, but it's boring and makes little sense that vampires who are weak against fire wouldn't be affected any differently by fire with an upgraded damage type.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                              Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                              Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                                That's RAW, but it's boring and makes little sense that vampires who are weak against fire wouldn't be affected any differently by fire with an upgraded damage type.
                                Actually by RAW it adds to damage. 'The hotter the flame, the greater the injury,' mechanically represented by +damage.

Fire is fire. It's very fireness is what causes the damage, because it reflects humanity's dominance over the natural world. If you had some sort of specific answer you'd prefer, like a new damage type called Super Aggravated and a Condition, maybe you should have mentioned it in your question.

Comment

Working...
                                X