No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Vampire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They may temporarily blind or deafen a vampire.

Comment

• Might provoke a frenzy roll, since it's a sudden unexpected burst of fiery light. Though if they hold off the Beast for one turn the stimulus is gone, so, not the best way of making them panic.

Comment

• Does Nightmare 5 work also on vampires? I'd say no but this power would be definitely to weak compared to other 5th dots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcus View Post
          Does Nightmare 5 work also on vampires? I'd say no but this power would be definitely to weak compared to other 5th dots.
          It surely works, the question is lethal or bashing damage?

Comment

• Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

It surely works, the question is lethal or bashing damage?
            I agree it SHOULD work, but seems a bit of a stretch to me. In the description it talks about heart attacks and similar, hard to believe it can affect a dead body somehow.
            But even though it caused bashing damage, still serms the weakest 5th powers ever.
            Last edited by Marcus; 08-02-2019, 06:05 AM.

Comment

I agree it SHOULD work, but seems a bit of a stretch to me. In the description it talks about heart attacks and similar, hard to believe it can affect a dead body somehow.
              But even though it caused bashing damage, still serms the weakest 5th powers ever.
              You should consider that it leaves ANYWAY the victim with broken condition.
              AND if you activate Dread presence you lower the victim composure, making him more vulnerable to successive use of nightmare and other powers.
              You don t need to touch or make eye contact, so you can kill someone remaining obfuscate (also nosferatu clan discipline), and it will appear as a natural death.
              To me it s a great assassination tool, but probably lacks in other use

Comment

• Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

You should consider that it leaves ANYWAY the victim with broken condition.
                AND if you activate Dread presence you lower the victim composure, making him more vulnerable to successive use of nightmare and other powers.
                You don t need to touch or make eye contact, so you can kill someone remaining obfuscate (also nosferatu clan discipline), and it will appear as a natural death.
                To me it s a great assassination tool, but probably lacks in other use
                I'm not sure you can use it while obfuscated as it is still an interaction with the target that would leave you be spotted out by him. But I'm not sure about it.
                Last edited by Marcus; 08-02-2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure you can use it while obfuscated as it is still an interaction with the target that would leave you be sootted by him. Bit I'm not sure about it.
                  The doubt is legit, but even without the obfuscate combo i assume that the power range is "everyone the vampire can directly perceive", meaning that you could kill a bystander from a rooftop, or use the power while in a crowd without being discovered

Comment

• Also why would it do bashing to vamps? Nightmare 5 attacks the mind, and vamps don't have any special protection for their psyche.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rathamus View Post
                      Also why would it do bashing to vamps? Nightmare 5 attacks the mind, and vamps don't have any special protection for their psyche.
                      The mind attacks lead to the deep fear that, as described in the text, incurr in hearth attacks, white hair, ecc. Which are the real source of damage.
                      Now the deep fear is not mitigates for a Vampire but the consequences could, as no hearth is beating, no blood pressure increasing that can lead to ictus and so on.

Comment

Consider that it's an attack resisted by Composure instead of Defense (which is based on two traits), and bypass all types of physical Armor. Despite being called the social splat vampires are extremely physically potent, and any defensive characters will absolutely stack Defense and evasive Fighting Styles. This bypasses all of that. You're rolling three traits (one of which at five dots) penalised by a single trait that vampires can't easily increase, so the damage output can be quite high. Unfortunately the lack of options to increase your dice pool and damage modifier is a significant downside.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

The mind attacks lead to the deep fear that, as described in the text, incurr in hearth attacks, white hair, ecc. Which are the real source of damage.
                          Now the deep fear is not mitigates for a Vampire but the consequences could, as no hearth is beating, no blood pressure increasing that can lead to ictus and so on.
                          So it doesn't actually imply that as the cause of the damage, it just says "Her victim can't sleep, his hair turns white from terror, and in some cases his heart stops dead."
                          If heart attack were the actual cause of the damage then it would nothing at all to vampires, not even bashing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rathamus View Post

So it doesn't actually imply that as the cause of the damage, it just says "Her victim can't sleep, his hair turns white from terror, and in some cases his heart stops dead."
                            If heart attack were the actual cause of the damage then it would nothing at all to vampires, not even bashing.
                            That was my initial concern actually.

Comment

• Question about the Crúac Style, i was reading secret of the covenant again and the piece of fiction Effortles damage has a character activating the effect of her cruac style that require spending a willpower point without casting a ritual, does that means that although you can activate the effect that requires spending willpower during a ritual, you can also activate that effect outisde of combat ? RAW is a bit unclear (at least to me) on that;

Comment

Working...
                              X