Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Vampire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DubiousRuffian View Post
    If a Strix is in a living human, vampires are still going to catch the Predatory Aura, right? Are they just going to think "This is a vampire using Blush of Life,"?
    Well, core book says "Kindred can’t discern whether someone is a vampire or a Strix possessing a corpse; "
    So i think the answer is yes

Comment

• I remember there was a topic about possible way for a bp6+ to feed from other kindred without suffering the vinculum. Could someone point it out to me?

Comment

• Feed from revenants.
        Feed from kindred bloodlines whose vitae does not induce vinculum.
        Establish a 3 stage vinculum to someone else.
        Cruac ritual that nullifies vinculum formation the next time one imbibes vitae.
        Use the Theban ritual Vitae Reliquary to store a LOT of your own vitae to imbibe.
        There are a few Invictus oaths that obliquely and expressly indicate vinculums don't form when imbibing vitae from participant kindred.

Originally it was that they would not become vitae addicts once they needed vitae for sustenance, not that a vinculum couldn't form.

Comment

• From a Fan-splat what would Happen if a Princess is possessed be a Strix?

Comment

• Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
            From a Fan-splat what would Happen if a Princess is possessed be a Strix?
            Misa amane? 😁

Comment

• Hmmmn would like a Fan bloodline or two showing Darkness (Or MAYBE Light) Focused bloodlines..

Comment

• So I am not a fan of the two dot Animalism Discipline (Raise the Familiar) and was wondering, mechanically, if there were any other options. For example, maybe using the 1e version rather than the 2e on (and if so any thoughts on the adaptation(, or even if there were fan made versions instead.

Comment

• I Think it would work I suppose though I have to ask what you don't like about Raise the Familiar?

An animal corpse you can send out as a spy, or use as an attack dog

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                    I Think it would work I suppose though I have to ask what you don't like about Raise the Familiar?

An animal corpse you can send out as a spy, or use as an attack dog
                    That's the thing I don't like about it - the animal corpse. Yes, I get it, vampires are undead, but its a different state then the rotting corpse. I think Animalism should be about living animals not killing one and controlling its dead remains.

So, I wanted to see if there were any alternate versions of a second dot power so I can have that be used rather than Raise the Familiar.

Comment

• curious?

For those who use the Circle of the Crone Titles from first edition of

Fool
                      Hero
                      Father
                      Hermit

and

Maiden
                      Scarlet Woman
                      Mother
                      Crone

Think that accidently creating a revenant would be enough to make the leap to Mother or Father?

or is the unplanned nature going to hinder things?

Comment

• Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                        That's the thing I don't like about it - the animal corpse. Yes, I get it, vampires are undead, but its a different state then the rotting corpse. I think Animalism should be about living animals not killing one and controlling its dead remains.

So, I wanted to see if there were any alternate versions of a second dot power so I can have that be used rather than Raise the Familiar.
                        I've run into that issue too (players feeling necromancy was out-of-theme with Animalism); I mixed together a bit of 1e and Masquerade to modify the progression, making Subsume the Lesser Spirit a main-path power and allowing a bit of control over other vampires' Beasts (provoking frenzy or granting a roll to break out out of it) at higher levels.

Comment

• Raise the Familiar is something that only makes sense in 2e. In earlier games the Beast was your worst friend at best and the cult that kidnapped you at worst, in 2e it’s Tiger Mum with a check book who wants to make you what they believe is the best possible you and will give you whatever you need to become it.
                          If you’re going to change it you may want to add a power that ghouls can use, as is they can only use the first dot.

Comment

• I'm actually liking Rise the Familiar. Vampire are undead and having undead minions (animals) it's quite on theme as kings of living and unliving animals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcus View Post
                              I'm actually liking Rise the Familiar. Vampire are undead and having undead minions (animals) it's quite on theme as kings of living and unliving animals.
                              I'm cool with necromantic powers (like the 1e version of that one, Undying Familiar), it just seems weird as a main-path power. Sort of like how Protean 1 doesn't quite mesh with the rest of Protean, to me. I would make it a Devotion instead, and maybe replace it with something hinting at the "lord of the land" concept that will be fully realized in the capstone.

Comment

• I think the dev blog mentioned that Animalism uses the theme of vampirism-as-infection, going with that whole /the curse wants to get out/ thing. So in that sense, I think it's pretty on brand. Especially given the idea where the second dot is a deepening of the first dot's effects.

If the discipline were the only way to create animal ghouls, I don't think it would feel like a deviation. So it seems like the weirdness with /Raise the Familiar/ is that it's the only discipline that affects dead things.

So what if instead of getting rid of Raise the Familiar, we changed the rest of Animalism to include semi-necromantic effects?

Comment

Working...
                                X