Clear All

• So, here another question:

About Obfuscate 3, book is stating:
    "Tracking is an extended action, with the observer rolling
    Wits + Resolve - Obfuscate. A vampire observer can apply the
    Blood Potency bonus from Kindred senses. Each roll takes
    one turn, and the observer must roll more successes than the
    vampire’s Wits + Stealth + Obfuscate."

Does it means that Obfuscate user just rolls once and the observer can keep rolling until he reachs the required successes? Which pratically means at some point he will find out the obfuscate user for sure. Also, if the obfuscate user is keeping moving does it change anything?

Once the observer reached out the successes required, he spot the vampire position but can he lash out to break obfuscate effect like with Auspex or can he just attempt a chance attack with -5 as penality?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcus View Post
      So, here another question:

About Obfuscate 3, book is stating:
      "Tracking is an extended action, with the observer rolling
      Wits + Resolve - Obfuscate. A vampire observer can apply the
      Blood Potency bonus from Kindred senses. Each roll takes
      one turn, and the observer must roll more successes than the
      vampire’s Wits + Stealth + Obfuscate."

Does it means that Obfuscate user just rolls once and the observer can keep rolling until he reachs the required successes? Which pratically means at some point he will find out the obfuscate user for sure. Also, if the obfuscate user is keeping moving does it change anything?

Once the observer reached out the successes required, he spot the vampire position but can he lash out to break obfuscate effect like with Auspex or can he just attempt a chance attack with -5 as penality?
      My understanding is that the required successes are the sum of the vampire's Wits, Stealth, and Obfuscate dots, because otherwise the Wits + Resolve roll would be both resisted and contested.

Resident Lore-Hound
      Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• It's an Extended action so the tracker only gets a number of rolls equal to their Wits + Resolve total (unless they have the Patient merit then its +2 to that total). So no the tracker doesn't get an infinite number of rolls.

That depends on how you want to run tracking. If the Obfuscate user keeps moving, the tracker keeps rolling since the Obfuscate user keeps moving the goal post and resetting the tracking attempt environment changes.
        I normally run tracking with the one being tracked stating when they stop moving then inform the tracker of relevant modifiers and having them roll. The one being tracked doesn't get to move last second to avoid being found. The tracker doesn't get to find a fresh new trail to follow and keep rolling.

The tracker can technically do either or. They can attempt a penalized physical attack if they want but if they were smart they'd have brought a can of paint or bucket of confetti to throw in the area without penalty instead. If he has Auspex he can ask a relevant question and provoke a Clash of Wills. Or he can Lash out with the Obfuscate penalty (and bonuses, if any) and try to shatter all the Obfuscate effects they have running currently.

Comment

• How would Majesty work on someone who had something like Dissociative Identity Disorder? Would the Charmed/Enthralled Conditions carry over from one personality to the next, or would switching personalities shake off the Condition? If the later, what if a person switched then switched back, would the original personality still be under the effects of the conditions?

Comment

• I'm... inclined to say that it'd stick to the one it was applied to, rather than carrying over. They're more-or-less different people with different outlooks and in many cases even partitioned memory, and ought to be treated as such.

That, and mind-/mood-altering effects target... well, the mind, not so much the brain or the other fleshy bits around it, and ChroD treats those as very separate things.
            Last edited by Sconce; 11-28-2019, 10:59 PM.

I've got a bit of a bad habit of extensively editing my posts after the fact. Please try and bear with me...
            In case you're comfortable being more friendly and casual about things, my name's Estella, or Es/Essie for short. They/Them or She/Her, please.

Comment

• I am looking for a reference is a book that i read i while back about how the loved ones of a vampire some times come back years latter or people that look like them, and how their blood can be used to make solace? I taught it was in thousand years of night but i can't seem to find it maybe someone can help?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightsyko View Post
                I am looking for a reference is a book that i read i while back about how the loved ones of a vampire some times come back years latter or people that look like them, and how their blood can be used to make solace? I taught it was in thousand years of night but i can't seem to find it maybe someone can help?
                That'd be the Inamorata, on page 109-11 of TYoN.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightsyko View Post
                  I am looking for a reference is a book that i read i while back about how the loved ones of a vampire some times come back years latter or people that look like them, and how their blood can be used to make solace? I taught it was in thousand years of night but i can't seem to find it maybe someone can help?
                  It is in A thousand years, pag 109, the inamorata chapter

Comment

• Is the pdf map from damnation city still available somewhere online?

Are you on the square?
                    Are you on the level?

Comment

• Hobbyist Clique & Object Fetishism, can they be used with Blood Sorcery? (VTR 2)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight View Post
                        Is the pdf map from damnation city still available somewhere online?
                        Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...t-Map-Segments

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
                        Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

• Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
                          Yes, thank you so much

Are you on the square?
                          Are you on the level?

Comment

• should use of Majesty granted by "The wish" Be subconscious

As I dislike the idea of them suffering integrity loss to the point of insanity because of the Devotion.

I know some people would say im anti accountability.

But I feel that going on a power trip is part of the appeal.

Being reduced to a slavering lunatic after Humiliating the dumb jock that Stole your Manga

is just bad in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                              should use of Majesty granted by "The wish" Be subconscious

As I dislike the idea of them suffering integrity loss to the point of insanity because of the Devotion.

I know some people would say im anti accountability.

But I feel that going on a power trip is part of the appeal.

Being reduced to a slavering lunatic after Humiliating the dumb jock that Stole your Manga

is just bad in my opinion.
                              None of this is how breaking points work at any level.

Resident Lore-Hound

Comment

• Nightmare 5. Does it effect Kindred?

If it does is the damage downgraded to bashing?

Comment

Working...
                                X