Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: Vampire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Marcus View Post
    It is indeed. He will still be ugly (although in 2ed Nosderatu are not ugly by default, they can also be beautiful and yet making humans feel awkard) but will be seen with "other eyes".
    They're already not ugly by default in 1st ed, this is strictly a Masquerade thing, not Requiem. In Requiem they only cause unease, any appearance feature is optional.


    #NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
    #AutismPride
    She/her pronouns

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Marcus View Post
      It is indeed. He will still be ugly (although in 2ed Nosderatu are not ugly by default, they can also be beautiful and yet making humans feel awkard) but will be seen with "other eyes".
      Like others said, the horrible appearance is a masquerade thing, you can make a nosferatu with striking looks whose incredible beauty makes humans uneasy, they are not scary because they are ugly (although they can obviously be), they are scary because people can tell that there is something terribly wrong about them.

      Comment


      • I was reading about animalism and saw the description of the 5th dot: "As the undisputed master of her territory, a frenzying creature cannot attack the vampire, nor may they spend Willpower to resist her commands delivered through Feral Infection", does this refers to animals only or also humans, kindreds, werewolves and other supernaturals like with feral infection? also what does it mean that they can't attack it? a frenzying creature would leave the vampire alone or attack only to defend itself?
        Last edited by Newb95; 01-28-2022, 02:34 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Newb95 View Post
          I was reading about animalism and saw the description of the 5th dot: "As the undisputed master of her territory, a frenzying creature cannot attack the vampire, nor may they spend Willpower to resist her commands delivered through Feral Infection", does this refers to animals only or also humans, kindreds, werewolves and other supernaturals like with feral infection? also what does it mean that they can't attack it? a frenzying creature would leave the vampire alone or attack only to defend itself?
          Nothing here gives any indication of not affecting humans and supernaturals, and Feral Infection itself doesn't even let animal spend Willpower, so it clearly refers to humans and supernaturals affected.

          For the second question, given how the rest of the power works, I think the creature would leave the vampire completely alone (except under their command, of course). Only if another supernatural power compelled the creature to attack the vampire, or somehow helped it to fight in self-defense, would I let a Clash of Wills define the matter.


          #NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
          #AutismPride
          She/her pronouns

          Comment


          • Originally posted by monteparnas View Post
            Nothing here gives any indication of not affecting humans and supernaturals, and Feral Infection itself doesn't even let animal spend Willpower, so it clearly refers to humans and supernaturals affected.

            For the second question, given how the rest of the power works, I think the creature would leave the vampire completely alone (except under their command, of course). Only if another supernatural power compelled the creature to attack the vampire, or somehow helped it to fight in self-defense, would I let a Clash of Wills define the matter.

            Thanks, so humans or supernaturals that aren't in kuruth or equivalent can attack normally right? I'm thinking particualrly about vampires riding the wave.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Newb95 View Post
              Thanks, so humans or supernaturals that aren't in kuruth or equivalent can attack normally right? I'm thinking particualrly about vampires riding the wave.
              That's another question altogether.

              It says lowercase frenzy, which isn't exactly a thing in the rules, except the very rules of Feral Infection. So it is clearly meant actually for victims of that power, which can affect anyone and isn't necessarily cancelled by other Frenzy states.

              Beyond that, ST's call, the book certainly should be clearer about that. As written it isn't impossible to cause a Frenzied character to become also frenzied by Animalism 4, but otherwise does it affects other Frenzy rules than Animalism-induced? If it does, I don't think a character Riding the Wave would be exempt, as it is still under the grasp of a Frenzy even if in some control over it.

              Either way, keep that in mind. Humans and other supernaturals at first can attack normally except by the penalties already defined by the level 5 power, but the level 4 power is meant to induce frenzy and so exert that control over them.


              #NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
              #AutismPride
              She/her pronouns

              Comment


              • Originally posted by monteparnas View Post
                That's another question altogether.

                It says lowercase frenzy, which isn't exactly a thing in the rules, except the very rules of Feral Infection. So it is clearly meant actually for victims of that power, which can affect anyone and isn't necessarily cancelled by other Frenzy states.

                Beyond that, ST's call, the book certainly should be clearer about that. As written it isn't impossible to cause a Frenzied character to become also frenzied by Animalism 4, but otherwise does it affects other Frenzy rules than Animalism-induced? If it does, I don't think a character Riding the Wave would be exempt, as it is still under the grasp of a Frenzy even if in some control over it.

                Either way, keep that in mind. Humans and other supernaturals at first can attack normally except by the penalties already defined by the level 5 power, but the level 4 power is meant to induce frenzy and so exert that control over them.

                Thanks, from what I gather from this http://theonyxpath.com/my-slow-descent-into-animalism/, feral infection is not supposed to induce a different kind of frenzy as it refers to "frenzy or similar states", so my take is that if a vampire or another supernatural succumb to frenzy or another equivalent (I'm only aware of kuruth so I guess other splats just go nuts like humans do) weather through feral infection or other means, they still can't attack the vampire, this would include also vampires who are riding the frenzy, am I right in my reasoning? Also, how would a clash of wills work in this case? you don't have to roll anything for the power.
                Last edited by Newb95; 01-28-2022, 04:33 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Newb95 View Post
                  am I right in my reasoning?
                  I think so. About the Clash, other posters have a better grasp than me on that rule.


                  #NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                  #AutismPride
                  She/her pronouns

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Newb95 View Post
                    (I'm only aware of kuruth so I guess other splats just go nuts like humans do)
                    The sentence after the one describing how Feral Infection affects vampires and werewolves is "Humans and other supernatural creatures fall into an atavistic state where they must attack the target, or move towards it if they can't reach it," so yes, other splats explicitly go nuts like humans do.

                    Also, how would a clash of wills work in this case? you don't have to roll anything for the power.
                    "All characters using conflicting powers enter a contested roll-off, each using a pool of his Blood Potency plus his dots in the Discipline." Doesn't matter that the normal use of the power doesn't involve a roll, Clash of Wills has defined dicepools for Disciplines, Devotions, and blood sorcery.


                    Resident Lore-Hound
                    Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by monteparnas View Post
                      I think so. About the Clash, other posters have a better grasp than me on that rule.
                      Thank you for the answers.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                        The sentence after the one describing how Feral Infection affects vampires and werewolves is "Humans and other supernatural creatures fall into an atavistic state where they must attack the target, or move towards it if they can't reach it," so yes, other splats explicitly go nuts like humans do.

                        "All characters using conflicting powers enter a contested roll-off, each using a pool of his Blood Potency plus his dots in the Discipline." Doesn't matter that the normal use of the power doesn't involve a roll, Clash of Wills has defined dicepools for Disciplines, Devotions, and blood sorcery.
                        Thank you for the answer.

                        Comment


                        • Can Family ghouls be captured blood bound then sold on a auction block?


                          Comment


                          • Yes, they can be captured and sold if the setting permits it.
                            But if they're a member of a ghoul family they're probably already blood bound to the vampire progenitor or his house/ dynasty or alternatively immune/resistant to vinculums.

                            Comment


                            • I mean, yes, you can capture a person and sell them on an auction block if you're capable of subduing and imprisoning them (and are a horrible, evil bastard). The Vinculum isn't necessarily going to make it that much easier to do so. It makes you obsessively love someone. If you loved someone, would you let them sell you into slavery without resisting? Not to mention a vampire purchasing human slaves probably doesn't want one who obsessively loves not you, but the guy who ran the slave auction.

                              Comment


                              • So I was building a Strix Antagonist and..... this section confused the hell out of me.

                                "All Strix begin with two dots in Brawl, Athletics, and Occult. The Strix learn skills by absorbing them during feeding or by reading the mind of a host. A Strix may have up to its Attribute dot maximum in Skill dots, and no Skill may be raised above 5. If a Strix gains a new Skill dot when already at its maximum, it may choose to replace one of its existing dots."

                                So... A shadow potency 1 Stix has a maximum attribute of 5 and starts with 6 dots of skills. Breaking it's own rules right off the bat. So what gives?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X