No announcement yet.

VTR: A Thousand Years of Night:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah,i noticed thousands years of night wanst in the last few monday meeting blog posts,is the book development frozen or something?

Comment

Quite possibly..

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
        Quite possibly..
        damn i really wihs someone would give us news about this book

Comment

I bring life to this thread.
          http://theonyxpath.com/vampire-the-r...much-too-fast/

Comment

Do characters get a XP refund for high BP 6+ dot skills and attributes reduced from lowering BP through torpor?

Comment

Originally posted by branford View Post
              Do characters get a XP refund for high BP 6+ dot skills and attributes reduced from lowering BP through torpor?
              If I'm not mistaken, in 2e you don't lose the skills or attributes you learned before torpor. I don't have the book with me to check now.

Comment

Reboot the [REDACTED] for 2e (keep the lore but overhaul the mechanics to make sure they can be dangerous at multiple levels of player characters)
                I am intrigued.

And what is an Inmorata, assuming we're not talking about Changeling?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus View Post

If I'm not mistaken, in 2e you don't lose the skills or attributes you learned before torpor. I don't have the book with me to check now.
                  Skills and attributes are capped by BP.

If torpor reduces BP to 5 or less dots, skills and attributes at 6+ dots will be lowered according to the BP chart (absent new rules in ATYON).

Comment

Originally posted by ZealousChristian24 View Post
                    I am intrigued.

And what is an Inmorata, assuming we're not talking about Changeling?
                    The honey-blooded angels, from the Daeva clan book.

As for the Experience thing, it seems like such a rare and specific situation that it should be decided by individual Storytellers.

Comment

Originally posted by branford View Post

Skills and attributes are capped by BP.

If torpor reduces BP to 5 or less dots, skills and attributes at 6+ dots will be lowered according to the BP chart (absent new rules in ATYON).
                      "When her Blood Potency falls below six dots, the vampire does not lose
                      any Attributes or Skills above the fifth dot." (VtR 2nd ed., p.89)

Greece By Night LARP

Comment

Originally posted by Blakemikizuki View Post
                        I like where this is heading.

Comment

I like the mention of how elders are also going to get specialized rituals and coils and such, that's interesting.

Storyteller's Vault Writer
                          WoD: Sorcerer's Companion (M:tA)
                          CofD: Second Sight: Third Eye (CofD), Crossing the Veil 2e (Co-developer, CofD), Borrowed Power (CofD)

Comment

Rules for flashback scenes make Mummy very happy. And crossover antagonists? Oh boy!

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by stylanski View Post

"When her Blood Potency falls below six dots, the vampire does not lose
                              any Attributes or Skills above the fifth dot." (VtR 2nd ed., p.89)

Exactly. Thanks Stylanski

This is one of the changes of 2ed that I like more

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus View Post

Exactly. Thanks Stylanski

This is one of the changes of 2ed that I like more
                                You're welcome.

Apart from the fact that this whole outline looks awesome, the bits about Lost Clans especially peeked my interest. I'm currently finishing the Preludes in a modern Athens chronicle, where the main plot point is a slumbering ancient and one of the Vrihi bloodline/clan.

The Vrihi were clearly intended as a nod to the Brujah and True Brujah of VtM. It all started with my gripe with clan names in VtM and how ahistorical they were. So I came up with the Vrihi (Those Who Roar in ancient Greek), a clan of Philosopher Kings that fled demonic entities from either the Middle East or lower Egypt, and rose alongside the classical Greek civilization (if not directly influencing its emergence). Their weakness? Tragic and awesome. Though they struggled to be detached, scholarly and just rulers, their use of the Beast gave them the ability to influence the general aura of politics in their city states, similar to how feeding grounds get influenced by the Kindred who hunt there. The weakness meant that this tie could become uncontrollable, and in the event of strong and negative experienced emotions (such as Frenzy etc.), that would ooze to the mortals who surrounded them and threaten to ruin the political structures they worked so hard to establish.

If the Vrihi ancient were to rise, she would discover that her clan now mystically resembles more of a bloodline.

The chronicle is set to take place during June 2015, the time of the Greek referendum. I do not intend to use the Vrihi is the driving point behind every major event in Greek politics. But the powers and weakness described above, definitely heightened certain pre-existing trends in politics and the people. She's not the reason people disagree, but she might be the reason why people and the country's rulers disagree so passionately.
                                Last edited by stylanski; 04-16-2016, 08:11 AM.

Greece By Night LARP

Comment

Working...
                                X