[2e Devotion Update] Hounds of Blood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2e Devotion Update] Hounds of Blood

I decided that since Second Edition had altered how Animalism worked, I would update a Devotion that I found in the Ventrue clanbook called Hounds of Blood. It has a new name, and I feel the changes make it more generalized, useful, and thematically appropriate.

Beasts of Blood
    (Animalism ••, Resilience ••)
    The vampire can infuse their familiars with their hunger for blood. They become instruments of that hunger, their bodies repositories for the lives of their victims. They hunt, they feast, and they bring that bounty back to their undying master.
    This Devotion costs 2 Experiences to learn.
    Cost: Vitae = half the familiar's Size, rounded up
    Dicepool: None
    Action: Instant
    When creating a familiar, dead or alive, they may empower it to drain the blood of their victims. They may store up to their own Size in blood, which qualifies as the blood of whatever form of creature their prey was. This requires the familiar to inflict Lethal damage to their prey equal to the amount of Vitae they seek to take. They will excrete the stored blood from an opening on their body from which their master may then feed. The vitae cost of this Devotion is paid in addition to the usual costs when making a familiar.

Revlid wrote:
    Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

The 1e version did feel like a pretty poor investment of effort all things considered. This seems more appropriate! Scarily handy for a reclusive Ventrue or Gangrel.

Comment

Originally posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
      The 1e version did feel like a pretty poor investment of effort all things considered. This seems more appropriate! Scarily handy for a reclusive Ventrue or Gangrel.
      I second that
      Excellent conversion.

"My Homebrew Hub"
      Age of Azar
      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Working...
      X