No announcement yet.

Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines [AP]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that it's over I wonder if you might be willing to tell us how you went about converting from Masquerade to Requiem? Was it a case of first thing that came to mind or did you rework things again and again? I ask because I've been thinking about how I would convert the game and am curious what other options you considered, you know more about the other lines than I do which is definitely a factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Live Bait View Post
      Now that it's over I wonder if you might be willing to tell us how you went about converting from Masquerade to Requiem? Was it a case of first thing that came to mind or did you rework things again and again? I ask because I've been thinking about how I would convert the game and am curious what other options you considered, you know more about the other lines than I do which is definitely a factor.
      It helped that it was the two of us working together, so we could workshop ideas a bit. The only major thing that actually changed from conception to execution was the ending:

Originally the Red Star was like in the video game, an ill omen, but then I remembered that my favourite power in Mummy: The Curse is the one where you create a meteor at the beginning of time fated to smite your enemy, and once we knew the box was going to contain one of the Arisen, it seemed an obvious fit, and a nice twist on the VTMB ending. True facts: vampires should avoid waking up mummies. They have much more access to fire that one might think.

Also, we weren’t originally going to ignore the Southland Slasher stuff (though we did sorta work him in in the end), but I don’t think he was going to just be a vampire. He would’ve been an interesting place to throw in a Promethean.

We did have a big scrawlly setting bible we pretty much just hammered out in an afternoon. I’ll see about uploading that, or otherwise copying it. I’m sure other things drifted or changed.
      Last edited by Yossarian; 08-20-2018, 11:52 AM.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
      Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

• Inclusion of the other splats was also limited by availability of second edition stuff (remember how this thing started in 2016? I do!). The more of a plot device a character was, the more likely she was to be something from another game.

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

• Thanks, it seems that your players ignored the south land slasher rather than you did, the pains of players having free will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Live Bait View Post
            Thanks, it seems that your players ignored the south land slasher rather than you did, the pains of players having free will.
            Well, we didn't make a huge effort to encourage them to go on that trail, but yeah, player free will is a thing. It doesn't help that Al's player, my actual real life sister, thinks a great deal like me, and will occasionally muse on some plot detail and randomly guess EXACTLY what's really going on without realizing it. She even did it in the recorded episode.

Comment

Working...
            X