Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PenDragon, I like what you did with Quietus and i noticed that you seemed to be creating the Assamites as a bloodline for it. I was wondering if you had any lmore info about their history as, at the moment , they only seem to have a parent clan and weakness. And of course the discipline

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

Clans prescribing the character's personality, dress, social standing, etc. is a very Masquerade thing. In Requiem they do no such thing. They're also largely a misnomer, as evidence suggests not only multiple origins for vampires, but often multiple origins for individual Clans. From an in-game perspective, it is likely there is actually no such thing as Clan as the Kindred understand it, they are just incorrectly assuming that because all of these vampires have similar powers they must share a common ancestor. As such, Clanless games are actually rather appropriate, but by default Clan exists as the package that delivers affinity Disciplines and inherent weaknesses.
      Just saw this while looking for pendragons quietus.
      Blood and Smoke's assumption that all clan members of a given city are related puts clan back towards how it is traditionally used outside of Vampire.
      I like the 5 clans and I think Clan Dynamic brings something to game even with Covenants. But I could understand a clanless game.

One variation I've been toying with is Clan means the vampire family plus retainers(ghouls).
      What standard Vampire calls Clan I call kith and your childe can be a differing kith than you.
      What causes this isn't quite known. But throw in the fact that Clan Bane doesn't kick in until Humanity 6 and things get interesting.
      Is it disposition of the childe? Whichever proprietary discipline they learn first? Or something else?
      Does an elder who breeds true do it by strength of blood ? Or is he more careful in his choice of potential childer?

If you want By Night Studios to release new LARP RULES for NWoD,
      like this post.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_62_1418088885567_853[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Knosferatu View Post
        PenDragon, I like what you did with Quietus and i noticed that you seemed to be creating the Assamites as a bloodline for it. I was wondering if you had any lmore info about their history as, at the moment , they only seem to have a parent clan and weakness. And of course the discipline
        While I've got ideas around an Assamite Clan they are a) currently not written anywhere and b) have a fair amount of Mummy crossover. For the majority of homebrew I pretty much leave out the setting bits, partially because I find the crunch more fun, and partially because 9 times out of 10 someone is just going to use the Discipline and homebrew their own bloodline history/fluff.

Here's the short version of what I've got:
        The original Assamites were fedayeen, first generation Hashshashin under Hassan-i Sabbāh (who in this setting was a Mummy, ala Mummy: the Curse). They were his cultists, followers to the death, when Hassan fell into descent they trained, when he rose they fought. However, shortly after the Second Crusade Hassan vanished, falling into a long durance from which none could wake him. The fedayeen began to fray and disband. Elders, for fear that the group would collapse entirely, made a dubious decision. They courted with kindred and bargained for immortality, such that they could survive the wait for Hassan's next revival.

But it didn't come. They experimented with death, delving into the Shuet in hopes to uncover the secret of Hassan's slumber. The principles of entropy they uncovered did nothing to aid in raising their founder, but provided the insight that birthed the bloodline's unique Discipline: Quietus. Over the generations the elders moved from waiting, to anticipating, to preempting, acting out Hassan's will as they presumed he might see fit. In the modern era they serve Hassan in name only, acting more as mercenaries than freedom fighters. Assamites are an expensive hire, but there is no cleaner, quieter killer in the kindred world.

A final note: The Assamites pass around several myths concerning Hassan. One being that Hassan has arisen, but forsook the Assamites for their immortal crime. Another is that Hassan continues to drive the Assamites secretly, communicating only with select members. Elders in particular encourage this second interpretation, claiming to speak with Hassan in their torpor.

Final final note: I also renamed them the Fedayeen.

Onyx Path Moderator
        Mod Voice is RED*
        *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
        Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

• I like what you have going. Will work out very well for the story i have in mind. Only issue is the mummy angle. I haven't read much into that one as, shortly after i acquired it 2nd ed was announced. so I'm slightly hesitant to look at the older material in case it changes substantially XD.
          Thanks for the reply.

Comment

• Ghilan, the Eaters of the Dead -- Basically a light 'alterni-vamp' in the style of the Jiang Shi from B&S, inspired by ghuls and by Pisha from VtM: Bloodlines.

GM of the Walking Shadow Campaigns
            New System and Setting Material

Comment

• Walking Shadows: Salubri & Obeah -- Another bloodline!

Comment

• Pardon, should've mentioned, but the Salubri were mostly written by Isabella, with me just doing mechanics -- so they should be credited to her first.

Comment

• Originally posted by NeoTiamat View Post
                  Pardon, should've mentioned, but the Salubri were mostly written by Isabella, with me just doing mechanics -- so they should be credited to her first.
                  Done.

Nice stuff btw. Though I'd probably have approached them as a series of bloodline devotions.

Onyx Path Moderator
                  Mod Voice is RED*
                  *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
                  Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

• Oh, here's an archive of Psychokinesis:

Psychokinesis

A Vampire's mind begins to bleed past their dead husk of a body; it is so pathetically human to believe that you need tools to enact your will on the world. The Beast reaches out, claws snatching and fangs snarling, to tear at flesh and bone.

Cost: None or One Vitae
                    Dice Pool: None
                    Action: None (For persistent effects) or Reflexive (For active effects)
                    Duration: Permanent (For persistent effects) or Instant (For active effects)

Like other "physical" Disciplines, Psychokinesis has two kinds of effects: persistent and active. Persistent effects are always on, and have no cost. Active effects are Reflexive, and cost one Vitae per effect.

Persistent: The Kindred possesses a number of phantasmal limbs that sprout directly from their mind, referred to as vectors; vectors have a Force equal to their Intelligence + Psychokinesis, a Precision equal to their Wits + Psychokinesis, and a reach of 10 yards. The vampire may use their vectors to take any actions they could normally take with their hands, other than attacks; if they would take any action that would use their Strength or Dexterity, they use their vector's Force or Precision instead, and they may substitute their Occult for Athletics when using their phantom limbs. They are even capable of grappling another character with these phantom limbs, using Force + Occult - Defence, and controlling the grapple with Force + Occult vs. Strength + Brawl. Grappling in this manner prevents either party from using any Move other than Break Free; however, either party may choose to forego any Moves they would be allowed to make.

Active: By spending Vitae, the Kindred may flood their brains with blood, giving them a surge of mental force that could be the difference between death and undeath. For every Vitae spent, chose one effect from the following list. A vampire may spend additional Vitae to invoke multiple effects simultaneously, but no effect of Psychokinesis may be used more than once per turn.
                    • Use Moves other than Break Free on a successful roll to control a grapple; they may use any Move they could use normally, including Feed or any moves granted by Merits - if the Moves reference the Kindred's Strength or Dexterity, use their Force or Precision, respectively, instead. If they use the Drop Prone Move, they only throw their opponent to the ground. Instead of taking a Move, they may move their grappled opponent a number of yards up to their Psychokinesis; if this moves the opponent outside of the reach of their vectors, the grapple is broken.
                    • Allow the Kindred to make direct attacks with their Psychokinesis, treating it as a +0L weapon that uses Force + Occult for the attack. Alternatively, they may throw objects with their telekinesis to strike characters outside the reach of their vectors; doing so is an attack using Precision + Occult - Defence.
                    • Add their dots in Psychokinesis to any roll that requires physical precision; this obviates the need for tools.
                    • Add their dots in Psychokinesis to their Defence for a turn; if they have dots of Celerity, they may apply this bonus against Firearm attacks.
                    Biokinesis (Protean ••, Psychokinesis ••)
                    Action: Persistent
                    Cost: None
                    XP Cost: 2
                    Effect: The Gangrel may force their body into novel shapes; with the help of an overpowering will, they can force their bodies to repair themselves. Characters with this Devotion automatically heal one Lethal damage, as well as a number of levels of Bashing damage equal to their Psychokinesis dots, whenever they go through Daysleep, their mind-body recognizing that such imperfections as wounds have no place in their flesh.

Brute Mind (Nightmare •••, Vigor ••)
                    Action: Instant
                    Cost: 1 Vitae
                    XP Cost: 3
                    Effect: The Beast curled in the Kindred's heart can be trained to strike out with the precision of a serrated scalpel; the monster's reach is long, and there is no where safe to hide.
                    This Devotion allows the Vampire to use the Monstrous Beast as a means of brutally altering the world around them; they may attempt Feats of Strength at a range of up to 10 yards by lashing out against an object or character and spending one Vitae. If the subject wouldn't normally be a valid target for their Predatory Aura, they apply its size as a penalty to their roll; otherwise, follow the normal rules for Lashing Out.
                    Regardless of how they succeed, they may perform a Feat of Strength involving that character as if they were right next to them; armatures of smoke and shadow erupt from the Vampire's brow to lift, smash, or throw.

Matter Over Mind (Praestantia or Vigor ••, Psychokinesis ••)
                    Action: Persistent
                    Cost: None
                    XP Cost: 3
                    Effect: While no muscles are involved in a Vampire's Vectors, the Beast doesn't care. It will force its spectral muscles inside these phantom limbs, not-there blood pumping through absent veins. If the Vampire qualifies for this Devotion with Praestantia, they add their dots in Praestantia to their Vector's Precision; if they qualify with Vigor, they add their dots in Vigor to their Vector's Force.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

• Never submitted this, because I only halfway got through it, but I've done a quick patch job to make this 2nd edition compatible. I may update it again later, but for now, this is the rules on Sanguine Craft, a system I designed that's meant to give Kindred a type of supernatural object of their own, akin to Imbued Items, Fetishes, or Tokens.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Storytellers' Vault supplements (WoD, CoD)
                      My Patreon! (Current CofD bonuses: Fae Sorcery for Vampires, Generic Blood Tenebrous, and Theurgy for Second Sight)

Comment

• https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing I need some help with this, so please comment on it

Comment

• Also going to submit the Mystery of the Dominion since it's gotten tweaked a bit.

Storytellers' Vault supplements (WoD, CoD)
                          My Patreon! (Current CofD bonuses: Fae Sorcery for Vampires, Generic Blood Tenebrous, and Theurgy for Second Sight)

Comment

• Question: If we have homebrew stuff that we'd like some critique on, would it be more appropriate to post the link here, or should we make a new post for it? I re-wrote Blood Tenebrous (because I didn't think to check the forums when we needed it for a game we were playing in, d'oh!) and would like some advice for it.

Thanks.

Last edited by ABenniton; 04-16-2015, 01:31 AM. Reason: Added the link to the re-write

ST/DM for Dice Alternatives
                            Playing: DtD: Causality and Consequence
                            Off-Season: M:tAw- Lifelong Education

Comment

• I think either works, but it's a good idea to make a thread for it.

I'd love to read and comment on it! Be sure to share a link here too, for the hub.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

• Here are three Bloodlines I worked on a bit ago, an update of the Amara Havana and their Discipline Sakti Pata
                                https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.2s5983jb4kvi

An update on the Rakshasa
                                https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...O8Og9KOc/edit#

and the Labes, my own unique Bloodline dealing with ghosts and the Underworld
                                https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...YHZjXpoNM/edit

any help in balancing would be appreciated. I'm also in a rut when it comes to the Candu Bhanu and what can be done with them so any inspirational ideas would be great. Lastly if I wasn't bothersome enough, just how the hell do you make a hyperlink so I don't have to post such eyesore links?

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Sandman (Neil Gaiman)

Comment

Working...
                                X