Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would also like to get my Bloodline: Macellarius conversion added if its still possible
    Thanks in advance!!

Comment

• A 2E conversion and merging of the two versions of the Coil of Slumber. If anyone can further develop this idea (especially with regards to Scales), feel free to do so.

​Mystery of Slumber
      Torpor is a dreaded experience that few Kindred can hope to stave off. Some Kindred who manage to remain active for decades find cause to seek out the deep slumber. Others are simply forced into it through starvation or physical conflict. In any case, Dragons who pursue the Mystery of the Sleeper recognize the need to mitigate some of the dangers associated with actually being in torpor.

Scales of Slumber are psychological in nature. Some involve prolonged sleep deprivation, others call for extensive periods spent in torpor. Regardless of methodology, these experiments are directed towards the Dragon attaining a degree of control over the Sleep.

-=-

Coil of Slumber:

The Sleep of Early Years (o) -- The Dragon first learns to focus his sleeping mind so the call of the Beast is lulled, and dreams are easier to shrug off. He may add half his dots in this Coil (rounded up) to his effective Humanity for the purpose of determining the length of torpor.

The Sleep of the Just (oo) -- The Beast is never truly at rest, even in the slumber of Daysleep. It hungers for more, denying the Man the true comfort of sleep. Dragons who have mastered this level of the Coil have learned to quell the instincts of the Beast while they lay in repose. They may regain 1 point of Willpower from Daysleep just as mortals do from a good night's rest.

Denial of Morpheus (ooo) -- At this tier of understanding, the Dragon has learned to fight for wakefulness even when gripped in torpor. The character acts as though all torpor were voluntary, so may roll to attempt to wake up once per torpor period. A character in voluntary torpor may roll twice per base period.

Defiance of Hypnos (oooo) -- The Dragon who reaches this tier of the Coil has grown more . He may now add his Blood Potency to all Stamina + Resolve rolls made to stay awake. Furthermore, he gains an Exceptional Success at three successes instead of five.

Master of Dreams (ooooo) -- Having surpassed its pull on his soul, the Dragon can choose how and when he may awaken from torpor just as he chose when to fall into it. When voluntarily entering torpor, he may set a predetermined event to automatically rouse himself from sleep. He may call for his slumber to end when touched or shaken, in a number of months or years, or even after the weakening of the Blood to a specific Potency. During this time, the vampire is still subject to other stimuli and possible interruptions to his slumber.

-=-

Scales of Slumber:.
      Last edited by Deionscribe; 01-25-2016, 03:47 AM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
      Age of Azar
      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• I have a bloodline-in-progress I would like to suggest as an addition here.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...nes#post781660

Thank you in advance.

"My Homebrew Hub"
        Age of Azar
        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
          I have a bloodline-in-progress I would like to suggest as an addition here.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...nes#post781660

Thank you in advance.
          Added. Sorry that took so long, the notification got lost.

Onyx Path Moderator
          Mod Voice is RED*
          *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
          Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

• Got some new Masquerade conversion stuff. WIP at the moment:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...iplines-in-vtr

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
            Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

• Can you add my conversion of the Kiasyd as a Mekhet bloodline?
              http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...asyd-bloodline

Check my homebrews:
              Vampire Bloodlines: Kiasyd, Melissidae
              Mage Legacies: Infernal Ones, Daoine

Comment

• Here are my conversions of the bloodlines from Walksforever's F.E.A.R supplements. Please add them whenever you can. Thanks

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...=1452094882975

"My Homebrew Hub"
                Age of Azar
                The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• Popping in, again, with a 2E Conversion for the Usiri (complete with a reinterpreted historical background). Again, do add them when you have time. Thank you

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...loodline-usiri

EDIT:

Adding the Bak-Ra bloodline as well.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...oodline-bak-ra
                  Last edited by Deionscribe; 01-10-2016, 07:01 AM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                  Age of Azar
                  The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• I'd love to get my Julii writeup added to the list.
                    Last edited by Charlaquin; 01-20-2016, 07:04 PM.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Tatterdemalion King, I really like what you did with bringing the Brood into Blood and Smoke/2E. Is what you have linked on the Homebrew Hub your most recent, or are you still tweaking it? I can see by the dates on this topic in another thread I'm a bit late to the party, but something I wanted to mention regarding the Brood, Humanity, Touchstones, Pursuit, etc...

I don't see a problem with the Brood dropping Humanity and Touchstones in the long run, replacing it with the Covey or a Resonant. I see the Pursuit as a sort of marathon to realize the ideal vampiric condition, and part of that is coming to a Blood Potency that no longer requires feeding on humans for sustenance. I see the Brood using things like Dominate, Majesty, Nightmare, Investments, and Devotions when they have to interact with humans (as these aren't penalized by Humanity). Thus, it would not be a problem in the long run in their goal of the Pursuit to shed Touchstones and Humanity. Even at Humanity 1 or 2 (with or without penalties through a Bane and/or Mark of the Beast), with a Blood Potency Therion 9 to 10, the effective Humanity for waking, Torpor, etc, is still 5-7. That's really all they need; if they absolutely must interact with humans, they do so as vampires using Disciplines, Investments, Devotions. All the social interaction they would require is arguably received from their own Covey and/or the vampires they may be hiding among.

In a way, elder Brood may be best at keeping the First Tradition. Once they no longer feed from humans, thanks to the Pursuit they also no longer need to maintain any relations with them. Thus, the Masquerade is preserved. And related to Traditions...

Something else I found interesting regarding the Therion is how their bane essentially makes it impossible to break the Third Tradition. In a roundabout way, leaving the Brood also enforces an aspect of the First Tradition; they can't reveal what they don't know. This leaves Diablerie. Maybe something could be tied in with your Merits and other rules that does something similar for Diablerie (not allowing them to do it or getting no benefits from it)? I'd need to reread the Covenant book to see what their take is on Diablerie, but I like the irony of a group of vampires that embrace their Beast being the ones most likely or able to follow the three Traditions. And maybe this is why the other Covenants don't like them; in paradoxical fashion, the vampires least human are the ones best at preserving the Masquerade.

Comment

• Please add the following!

Mechanical Bloodline Updates: I've realized it's sort of redundant providing fluff that's already mostly been covered by existing sources; most bloodlines just need you to update the discipline list (sometimes), the bloodline bane, and the bloodline gift. So, this is a project wherein I go through a crapton of bloodlines and update them all mechanically, without adding any extraneous fluff (past a sentence or two to describe the bloodline gifts).
                        This is a big project that I'll be updating over time, but for now it has all of the core and the Hidden completed. May take me a bit to start on other sources; in the future I might start doing it more 'randomly', just updating ones that I find random inspiration for here and there, without committing to doing the entirety of a book at once. But we'll see.

Storytellers' Vault supplements (WoD, CoD)
                        My Patreon! (Current CofD bonuses: Fae Sorcery for Vampires, Generic Blood Tenebrous, and Theurgy for Second Sight)

Comment

• Originally posted by falco1029 View Post
                          Please add the following!

Mechanical Bloodline Updates: I've realized it's sort of redundant providing fluff that's already mostly been covered by existing sources; most bloodlines just need you to update the discipline list (sometimes), the bloodline bane, and the bloodline gift. So, this is a project wherein I go through a crapton of bloodlines and update them all mechanically, without adding any extraneous fluff (past a sentence or two to describe the bloodline gifts).
                          This is a big project that I'll be updating over time, but for now it has all of the core and the Hidden completed. May take me a bit to start on other sources; in the future I might start doing it more 'randomly', just updating ones that I find random inspiration for here and there, without committing to doing the entirety of a book at once. But we'll see.
                          Added.

Also added your Tremere conversion which is, IMO, quite good.

Onyx Path Moderator
                          Mod Voice is RED*
                          *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
                          Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

• Thanks! Was going to link that here when the conversation died down (or someone else had posted here first), but that works fine for me. Glad you liked it.

My Patreon! (Current CofD bonuses: Fae Sorcery for Vampires, Generic Blood Tenebrous, and Theurgy for Second Sight)

Comment

• Go ahead and add my Elder Transmutations, if you'd be so kind!

Comment

• My update to the Hounds of Blood Devotion is ready to go.

Revlid wrote:
                                Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Working...
                                X