Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh. I wanted to make a Dead Wolves update myself, falco1029. I had a different take on it mechanically, but I don't think I could top starting the sections with "This story is true". Kudos on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aspel View Post
      Huh. I wanted to make a Dead Wolves update myself, falco1029. I had a different take on it mechanically, but I don't think I could top starting the sections with "This story is true". Kudos on that.
      It seemed too obvious not to do. But thanks!

And of course, I fully encourage you to provide your own take of it, I'm always interested in seeing other peoples' versions of bloodlines I enjoy.

My CofD Homebrew

Comment

• Forgot to share these here.

The Mystery of Life (partly a conversion of Mystery of Blood)
        Vicissitude, not that any more conversions of that are needed; this one is primarily treating it as a bunch of Protean Devotions. I had a Tzimisce to go with it, but they need retooling and I still haven't thought of how to make them less "double ventrue".
        I do find it funny that Chiropteran Marauder is a capstone level effect for Tzimisce, but in 2e you can do that with Protean 4.
        The Nekomata a Bloodline I made based on a joke. They're creepy cat girls who talk to ghosts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aspel View Post
          Forgot to share these here.

The Mystery of Life (partly a conversion of Mystery of Blood)
          Vicissitude, not that any more conversions of that are needed; this one is primarily treating it as a bunch of Protean Devotions. I had a Tzimisce to go with it, but they need retooling and I still haven't thought of how to make them less "double ventrue".
          I do find it funny that Chiropteran Marauder is a capstone level effect for Tzimisce, but in 2e you can do that with Protean 4.
          The Nekomata a Bloodline I made based on a joke. They're creepy cat girls who talk to ghosts.
          When I try to view your Vicissitude file, I get "You need permission."

Comment

• Sharing my own take on the Tremere. I made them a Bloodline based off my homebrewed Clan Alukah. They are a Mage crossover heavy Bloodline obviously.
            Last edited by Troller; 12-22-2016, 05:24 AM.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Sandman (Neil Gaiman)

Comment

• Hello! I am thinking in create a diplomatic bloodline.
              Here are some stuff i have thought:
              Disciplines: Dominate and Auspex have to be in the mix. Maybe Majesty and don't know the last one (someone suggested celerity)
              Bane: Hum... Don't have thought in one yet, but i fell that i can make one that are attuned with the diplomatic theme, maybe something that affect you when you try non-diplomatic solutions? (Ex: combat)
              Clan: The first that come in my mind it's ventrue, but i can think in a Mekhet or even a Daeva here.
              Convenant: Almost all of then are in the Carthian movement.
              About then: they take the ideology of the Carthian movement and push it beyond the kindred society. They know that are other beings out there and want to form diplomatic relation with then, something like ONU but with the supernatural groups.

So, what you think? Suggestions? Thoughts?

Comment

• I might suggest resilience for a diplomatic bloodline, ensuring that they have some protection against the other side just attacking on sight.
                For a bane, maybe something that makes it hard for them to break deals with others?

Comment

• Urbenmyth, it's a good bane!
                  How you people choose those exotic name?

Comment

• I can have a bloodline that came from 3 clans?

Comment

• I am thinking in ditch off the dominate and exchange for a exclusive bloodline related with this deal stuff. SOmething that evolve words and deals

Comment

• hey, created the bloodline, the name is temporary so i would accept suggestions(and sorry for my English)
                        Bloodline: The diplomats
                        Parent Clan: Mekhet
                        Nickname: Diplomats
                        Disciplines: Auspex, Celerity, Obfuscate, Bound

The diplomats are are a small group that came mainly from the Carthian Movement, they believe that the philosophy of the Carthian movement it’s not enough. They know that are other beings among the shadows and dream to create a union between then, maybe not one in a global society level, but at least a UN equivalent for the supernaturals would be a good start.
                        To reach this dream, they honed their own discipline that take pieces of dominate and auspex to create diplomatic tool. Of course, they could reach far away sing the pure power of the dominate or toying with secrets found with auspex. But how much true would be there? The so dreamed union would be just a frail mask.
                        Bane (the word curse): The diplomats can’t break with their word, because of this they tend to be very careful and they avoid lies. But this don’t mean that they can’t play with the truth.
                        The diplomat have to choose a punishment if he break the deal.

Creating a monster: The diplomats focus on social attributes(with a focus on presence), they also tends to have empathy and persuasion, but they avoid subterfuge (since they have the word curse)

Bound: The diplomats have a power over the words and the truth. They can nullify the capacity to a person lie and create supernatural bounds that force the others to keep their word.

1) Aura of truth/ Aura of trust:
                        Aura of truth: Everyone that try to lie to a diplomat have to subtract 2 from their dice pool. If a diplomat spends one vitae then it should subtract 4 from the dice pool.
                        Aura of trust: The diplomat have a bonus of a 1 dice in any test that involves passing a trustful, reliable image also, when trying to take out the truth from someone the player can add 2 dices to the dice pool. The boost (expenditure of one vitae) will add 2 dices to any aforementioned tests. To work, the diplomat will need to focus in one target at time and the victim need to be in a close range (3 feet or less).
                        the boost affect both auras.
                        Cost: none (1 if wants to boost the power)
                        Dice pool: none
                        Action: reflexive / instant (for the boost)
                        Duration: scene (if it’s in the boosted version) / permanent (without a boost)

2) Scent of truth/Scent of trust:
                        The power of the aura now extends beyond the diplomat.
                        Scent of truth: anyone within the range of presence + bound feet's will have to subtract 2 dices from their dice pool in any attempt to lie (not just to the diplomat, this applies to any lie). This power can be boosted with the expenditure of one vitae, the subject will have to subtract 4 dices and the range is doubled.
                        Scent of trust: with this level, the diplomat don't have to focus in one target at time, anyone within the range of presence + bound will suffer the same effects described in aura of trust. The boost not just will add 2 dices to the dice pool, but will also double the range of this effect.
                        the boost affect both auras.

Cost: none (1 if wants to boost the power)
                        Dice pool: none
                        Action: reflexive / instant (for the boost)
                        Duration: scene (if it’s in the boosted version) / permanent (without a boost)
                        3) Shallow bound:
                        With this level, the diplomat can start to create bounds. To create a bound, first the diplomat need to create a “bound blueprint”. A bound blueprint its a series of symbols and words that defines when the words of the bound start to count and when the bound is closed. Generally speaking, a bound blueprint need to define the type of the bound (almost all the times there is the promise bound and the deal bound), the blood symbol (a mystic and invisible symbol that need to be activated with a vitae and it’s created with a vitae) a key opening word (and or gesture) a key closing word(and or gesture) and a punishment.
                        A promise bond it’s a bond that don’t need a counterpart from the diplomat, generally is used when the subject it’s willing to do something to the diplomat but he wants to ensure that the subject will keep their word. As an example someone can say that will bring a object to the diplomat, then he brings the topic with the opening key word or gesture) (ex: a tap in the shoulder) and then close the bound with the closing keyword (ex: hey, it’s a promise, right?). If the bound is successful the subject have to keep the word or will suffer the consequences.
                        A deal bond it’s used when the diplomat have to give a counterpart (but no one said that it’s need to be a fair one) common examples include a paper contract or using a hand shake and the words “it’s a deal” to close the bond.
                        Common blood symbols are a “blood stamp” (to paper contracts) or a symbol drawn with blood in the arm (like a tattoo) both cases the symbol will not be visible with non-supernatural ways.
                        The punishment have to be something heavy. But cannot give damage,cause death or any physical consequences. It could be a excruciating pain or a high level of anxiety. The subject will someway associate this with the bound. (more about the punishment later)
                        Cost: 1 to create a blueprint, 1 to start a bound
                        Dice pool: presence + empathy + bound – victim’s Resolve
                        Action: instant
                        Duration: until the bond is finished or break.

Roll results

Dramatic failure: The subject of the bond get a aversion to it. The victim will avoid keeping the bond with the same strength that would have to keep it if the bound seceded
                        Failure: No bound is formed. (but the vitae it’s expended anyway)
                        Success: A bound is created any attempt to break it will require a resolve + composure test against the power of the bound (the number of success on it) + bound level of the diplomat. (so, at least 4 success) . If the victim succeed in breaking the bound he can extend the time to do it in (number of success beyond the required) + 1 hours. The subject can do this 3 times. Then the subject will acquire the guilty condition (if succeed in breaking the bound) but will be free from the bound.
                        If the victim have a dramatic failure breaking the bound it will acquire the broken condition.
                        Exceptional success: Add more two dices to the test to break the bound (so it will be power of the bound + bound level + 2)
                        4) the symbol of truth/symbol of trust:
                        Symbol of truth: At this level, just seeing the diplomat will trigger the effect (except from indirect ways), as always anyone that try to lie when seeing a diplomat have to subtract 2 from the dice pool, the diplomat can boost the power at the cost of one vitae (so it will be 4 dices) also, the diplomat can spend 2 vitae to extend the effect of this power in a away that the vision of him (even in a television) would trigger the effect. But for this it’s necessary a roll of presence + empathy. Anyone seeing the diplomat in a indirect way need to roll resolve + composure against the number of success of the diplomat or will suffer the effect.
                        Symbol of trust: the same rules of the symbol of trust applies here. Just seeing the diplomat will trigger the effects described in aura of trust (except from indirect ways). You can boost the effect in the same way you can boost the aura and the scent of trust. Also you can extend this power at the cost of two vitae, then even in indirect ways anyone that sees the diplomat will be affected. But for this the player should pass in a presence+empathy check. Anyone that wants to resist this effect should pass in a resolve+composure test against the number of success of the diplomat.

Cost: none / 1 to boost the power / 2 to extend the power
                        Dice pool: presence + empathy (to extend the power)
                        action: reflexive / instant (for the boost or the extension)
                        duration: permanent / scene (for the boost or the extension)
                        roll results:
                        Failure: The ṕower is not extended.
                        dramatic failure: everyone that seems the diplomat during that scene will be immune to his powers during victim’s composure months.
                        Success: the power is extended. Also, subtract a extra die if the victim’s is seeing the diplomat in a direct way (aura of truth) or add a extra die(aura of trust)
                        Exceptional success: the effect of the power will extended for (number of success) hours after seeing the diplomatic
                        5) deep bound
                        With 5 dots, the diplomat can take the punishment of the bound to another level.
                        First, the punishment can cause physical harm (damage) to the subject, since the bound it’s deeper. The victim should add more 2 to the check to break the bound.
                        There are stronger options for punishment:
                        A death punishment it’s a bound that each time the victim’s tries to break the bound have to roll resolve+stamina or it will take 1 aggravate damage, if it’s succeeds to break the bound it will take another aggravate damage. A dramatic failure here would give 3 aggravate damage. Some weak-minded people can die from it. (or so they say).
                        A mental punishment causes a permanent mental condition if the bound is break. In the first attempt to break the bound the victim will acquire the guilty condition until the bound is finished (not breaked). The diplomat can choose the punishment condition for breaking the bound from the mental conditions list (can be permanent) a dramatic failure will add a secondary condition to the mental stack.

About the punishments

The diplomat have to choose a punishment to breaking with they word. The punishment it’s in the same level of a subject of a bound trying to break one. If you break with the word you can opt for the guilty, obsession or shaken condition (you can talk with the narrator about a alternative condition)
                        Last edited by draxdeveloper; 04-21-2017, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X