This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Griautis View Post
    That's really awesome! Will you do one for Theban Sorcery too?

My Homebrew
    Star Wars d10
    The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
    Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

Comment

Originally posted by Griautis View Post
      Added. Nice work!

Onyx Path Moderator
      Mod Voice is RED*
      *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
      Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

I should add (as Dreaminggod mentioned) that I coauthored the Warrior Salubri.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
        Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Aye, that would be good.

My Homebrew
          Star Wars d10
          The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
          Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

Comment

I just happened to wonder in this thread and saw that my bloodline was featured. I am honored. Thank you.

Comment

Well I'm a bigger fan of Cruac, that's why I've only done that one. However I'll consider doing theban as well. (also cruac needs few adjustments as can be seen noted at some of the rituals)

My Bloodline conversions
              My House rules

Comment

What's the rule of thumb to convert away from Themes and back to the 1-5 sorcery discipline?

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

Well really depends on the effect. From converting from dots to themes I've noticed that usually it's either
                  a) highest theme dots become the ritual dot
                  b) Highest theme dots increased by one become the ritual dot.
                  choose a or b depending on power, i guess

My Bloodline conversions
                  My House rules

Comment

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                    What's the rule of thumb to convert away from Themes and back to the 1-5 sorcery discipline?
                    Its highest Theme dots. Target Successes should remain the same either way on learned rituals that don't inflict damage.

I like the thought of having to touch someone in combat to use the hung damage as presented by Touch of the Morrigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Rani Neferet View Post
                      Its highest Theme dots. Target Successes should remain the same either way on learned rituals that don't inflict damage. I like the thought of having to touch someone in combat to use the hung damage as presented by Touch of the Morrigan.
                      Yeah, the suspended damage until you touch someone makes it a really terrifying spell! Never shake hands with an acolyte, you never know if they're sitting on a fistful of damage waiting for the chance to touch you inconspicuously.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Everyone's work looks so inspiring I thought I'd share my own WiP conversions for my WoD setting. I'll share these a rulebook at a time.

Conversions of Bloodlines detailed in the core V:tR rulebook.
                        • Toreador (Celerity, Dominate, Majesty, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Daeva Bane, Toreador have the Obsession [Fine Art] (Persistent) Condition. This Condition cannot be resolved. (Daeva Bloodline)
                        • Bruja (Animalism, Protean, Resilience, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Grangrel Bane, Bruja cannot spend Willpower to resist frenzy at the sight of open wounds or when hungry or starving. (Gangrel Bloodline)
                        • Burakumin (Animalism, Getsumei, Nightmare, Obfuscate); Bane: In addition to the normal Jiang Shi Bane, Burakumin must pay double for purchases of any Status Merit. (The Burakumin arguably work better as a Jiang Shi Bloodline as it ups the alien factor of their unique discipline. I've replaced Vigor with Animalism to reflect this.)
                        • Morbus (Auspex, Cachexy, Celerity, Obfuscate); Bane: In addition to the normal Mekhet Bane, Morbus can only gain Vitae by feeding on victims suffering from a Disease. (Mekhet Bloodline)
                        • Tzimisce (Nightmare, Protean, Obfuscate, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Nosferatu Bane, Tzimisce prefer to sleep in shallow graves so that they may physically be in contact with soil during the day. They must spend an additional Vitae to rise any day they did not spend sleeping in earth. They can use the first level of Protean to satisfy the condition so long as they did not sink into stone, concrete, or similar non-soil substances. (I've replaced the Burakumin's role in the old V:tR with this simple Nosferatu Bloodline. In my own campaign setting I use this Bloodline to represent the Nosferatu's political stake in the Invictus.)
                        • Malkovians (Auspex, Dominate, Obfuscate, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Ventrue Bane, Malkovians have the Madness (Persistent) Condition and suffer a Breaking Point anytime it would be resolved. (Ventrue Bloodline)

Cachexy

On the whole this discipline pretty much works as is with relatively few modifications. Keep in mind that most diseases really don't work on Kindred.
                        • Cachexy
                          • (1) Diagnose (as in V:tR)
                          • (2) Contaminate (as in V:tR)
                          • (3) Inflame (The victim must have a disease; this could be due to having previously been the target of the Vampire’s Contaminate or Plague-Bearer power. The victim suffers the “Moderate” Sick Tilt on a success and the “Grave” Sick Tilt on an exceptional success, otherwise as in V:tR.)
                          • (4) Accelerate Disease (The cost is 2 Vitae and 1 Willpower. The victim must have a disease; this could be due to having previously been the target of the Vampire’s Contaminate or Plague-Bearer power. The victim suffers the “Grave” Sick Tilt but the damage caused is Lethal rather than Bashing. If the victim is not exerting themselves then the damage is accrued at the rate of 1 Lethal wound per hour. Treatment in a hospital setting can ameliorate the effects of this power but may not necessarily cure the victim of the Disease.)
                          • (5) Plague-Bearer (The cost is 3 Vitae per turn, otherwise as in V:tR)

Getsumei

I've more or less completely rewritten this discipline to better reflect its Divinatory nature. I also wanted to capture the "unclean" nature of the Burakumin and so have refocused the discipline to focus on the things the Beast can learn or absorb when comsuming carrion. This Discipline lets the Vampire consume necrotic flesh and reflects the Beast as carrion eater.
                        • Getsumei
                          • (1) Corpse Skin (The vampire consumes a bit of the corpse’s skin to learn about how the corpse died. This power only works on corpses of the recently dead. Desiccated corpses and skeletons are impossible to consume. – Cost: Varies: The first use is free, but subsequent uses in the same scene cost 1 Vitae. Dice Pool: Wits + Empathy + Getsumei. Action: Instant. This power works similarly to Auspex[2] but is limited to dead bodies. On a success the vampire may ask one question regarding how the corpse died, what they did in life, and similar questions. The flesh of other vampires flesh can be consumed this way assuming they have not used the Blush of Life, the Burakumin can learn ask questions regarding strength of Blood Potency, Clan affiliation, of the vampire knows certain physical disciplines, etc.)
                          • (2) Crow’s Harvest (The vampire consumes one of the corpse’s eyes to relive the corpse’s last few minutes of life. This power cannot be used on corpses without eyes. – Cost: Varies: The first use is free, but subsequent uses in the same scene cost 1 Vitae. Dice Pool: Wits + Empathy + Getsumei. Action: Instant. A success allows the vampire to relive the corpse’s death scene. An exceptional success allows the vampire to relive the corpse’s last hour of life. A dramatic failure causes the vampire to be affected by the Delusional Condition for the remainder of the scene. This power can be used on Kindred and similar undead in which case success allows the vampire to experience the previous scene from that undead creature's point of view, exceptional success expands this to an hour instead.)
                          • (3) Channel of Hosu-Ko (The Vampire consumes the corpse’s tongue to channel its spirit and ask questions of it. – Cost: 1 Vitae. Dice Pool: Manipulation + Occult + Getsumei. Action: Instant. The corpse’s spirit is compelled to answer one question for each success the Vampire rolls. On a dramatic failure the Ghost possess the Vampire for the rest of the scene. This power can be used as a simple form of communication with Vampires in torpor.)
                          • (4) Convocation of Hotoke (The vampire consumes the corpse’s brain in order to benefit from the skills it knew in life. – Cost: 1 Vitae and 1 Willpower. Dice Pool: Intelligence + Occult + Getsumei. Action: Instant. The vampire gains one dot of skill or one skill specialty for each success rolled. These temporary skill dots and / or specialties last for the rest of the night. On a dramatic failure the Vampire suffers from the Delusional Condition for the remainder of the night. This power cannot be used on other undead but the vampire can add one half (round up) of its dots in Getsumei to any diablerie rolls she makes.)
                          • (5) Moonlit Path (The vampire consumes the corpse’s heart and temporarily gains a boost to her Blood Potency. – Cost: 2 Vitae and 1 Willpower. Dice Pool: Strength + Occult + Getsumei. Action: Instant. The vampire gains one dot of Blood Potency for every three successes rolled and gains the Unseen Sense (Ghosts) merit. The vampire may also pass through an open door to the Underworld but will stranded there should she not exit before power’s duration ends. All of the benefits of this ability end at dawn. This power cannot be used on other undead but the vampire can add its dots in Getsumei to any diablerie rolls she makes.)
                        • Devotions -- Vulture's Feast (Getsumei [2]) (The vampire gain additional Vitae by consuming the corpse's viscera. -- Cost: None. The vampire gains additional Vitae equal to the size of the corpse.)
                        • Cruac/Kinnai Rite-- Birth Fetch (Creation 2) (The vampire consumes the flesh and tendons of the corpse at the beginning of the ritual. As the ritual proceeds the Vampire's abdomen bulges, finally cracking open and pouring forth a grotesque imp-like homunclus. Cost: -- 2 Vitae. Dice Pool: Composure + Occult + Cruac/Kinnai. The vampire must achieve 7 successes on an extended roll, each roll representing an hour of time. The resulting homunclus (use the stats found in V:tR for the 3rd level of Getsumei) lasts for one week plus one additional week per success in excess of 7.

Some conversions of Bloodlines in Bloodlines: the Hidden; in my own campaign I strictly limit most of these Bloodlines to membership in certain Covenants.

Alucinor
                        • Alucinor (Auspex, Dominate, Nightmare, Obfuscate); Bane: In addition to the normal Mekhet Bane, Alucinor suffer from the Confused Condition one scene per chapter as their dream lives clash with their waking lives.
                        • Insomnium [replaced by Devotions] – Insomnium works as a poor discipline since hypothetically many of its abilities should be reproducible using Dominate and/or Auspex. I’ve rebuilt it as a group of Devotions that better replicate both the raw abilities and additional powers you would think the vampire would need to know in order to use a power like Insomnium.
                          • Blissful Sleep (Dominate (1)) (To use this power the Alucinor must successfully Mesmerize the victim. Cost: None; Dice Pool: Manipulation + Persuasion + Dominate vs. Resolve + Blood Potency; Action: Instant; Dramatic Failure: The Alucinor cannot use this power on the victim again for the rest of the night.; Failure: The victim does not fall asleep.; Success: Living victims (including Changelings, Demons, Hunters, Mages, Sin-Eaters and Werewolves drift off into a light sleep for 1 hour per success. Vampires are affected as though they are awake during the day for 10 minutes per success. Other undead such as Mummies or unnatural creatures such as Prometheans are unaffected by this Devotion. Any injury that the victim suffers during the duration ends the effects immediately.)
                          • Dreams of the Many (Auspex (5)) (The Alucinor can unshackle his mind and enter the dreams of the sleeping. Cost: 2 Vitae; Dice Pool: Intelligence + Occult + Auspex; Action: Instant; This power works like Twilight Projection except that the Alucinor has entered the collective dreamscape. He cannot use disciplines or devotions except for Chain the Enslumbered Mind. Identifying specific dreamers requires a successful Intelligence + Investigation roll.)
                          • Lucid Dreaming (Auspex (4), Dominate (4)) (The Alucinor can enter into the dreams of a specific victim and is able to edit the dreamscape allowing her to use other mental Disciplines (Auspex, Dominate, Majesty, or Nightmare) on the victim. If he is not using the Dreams of the Many and the Chain the Enslumbered Mind devotions then he must be able to see the victim. Cost: 2 Vitae; Dice Pool: Intelligence + Empathy + (Auspex or Dominate); Action: Instant; Dramatic Failure: The victim awakens immediately, resolving any mental conditions previously established through Dominate or Majesty.; Failure: The Alucinor cannot affect the victim with his mental disciplines.; Success: The Alucinor is able to use his mental disciplines within the victim’s dreams for the remainder of the scene.; Exceptional Success: The Alucinor is able to use his mental disciplines within the victim’s dreams without resorting to this devotion for a week.)
                          • Chain the Enslumbered Mind (Auspex (4), Dominate (1)) (Using this devotion while in the collective dreamscape, the Alucinor can single out a victim and affect them with powers derived from the Auspex Discipline or Devotions based on it. Cost: 2 Vitae; Dice Pool: Intelligence + Empathy + (Auspex or Dominate); Action: Instant; Dramatic Failure: The victim awakens immediately and no further Dominate powers can be used on her for the rest of that night.; Failure: The Alucinor cannot enter the victim’s dreams. Success: The Alucinor enters the victim’s dreams and can use other powers based on Auspex for the remainder of the scene. Exceptional Success: The Alucinor is able to single out the victim from among the other dreamers in the dreamscape without a die roll for the next month.; If the Alucinor is not using the Dreams of the Many devotion then he must be able to see the victim.)
                          • Travails of Morpheus (Auspex (4), Nightmare (5)) (The Alucinor is able to kill the victim in their dreams and have that effect carry over to the living world. Cost: 2 Vitae and 1 Willpower; Dice Pool: Manipulation + Empathy + Nightmare vs. Resolve + Blood Potency; Action: Instant; Dramatic Failure: The Alucinor is killed in the victim’s dream instead. The Alucinor suffers bashing damage equal to twice the victim’s Intelligence and the victim awakens immediately, regaining 1 point of Willpower. Failure: The victim is awakens immediately. Success: The victim dies in their dream, awakening immediately and suffering bashing damage equal to the Alucinor’s Intelligence. Vampires in torpor affected by this power do not awaken. Exceptional Success: Lethal damage is inflicted instead of bashing damage. Vampires in torpor who are affected by this power downgrade this damage to bashing and do not awaken.
                          • Sleepwalker (Dominate (3)) (The Alucinor can entomb a command that the victim will execute once deep asleep. Cost: None; This power operates exactly as Entombed Command. The command can only be carried out while the victim is deeply asleep and thus cannot be combined with the effects of the Blissful Sleep devotion.)

Anvari
                        • Anvari (Celerity, Majesty, Nepenthe, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Daeva Bane, Anvari gain only ½ the normal amount of Vitae when feeding from a vessel that does not have drugs or alcohol in their system, e.g., from addicts who have recently gotten their fix. The Anvari suffer the Intoxicated Condition when feeding from vessels that do have drugs or alcohol in their system.
                        • Nepenthe – One of the better written disciplines, I’ve only made very minor tweaks to bring it up to date with B&S. I was flirting with the idea of rebuilding it as a set of Cruac rites but it works as is pretty well simulating the temptations of the Beast.
                          • (1) Fragrance of the Hal Gil (Every use of this power during a scene after the first use costs 1 Vitae, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • (2) Inflict the Empty Soul (This power ends the effects of the Intoxicated Tilt in the victim. If they have the Addicted Condition then they also gain the Deprived Condition, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • (3) Crave the Caress (The victim gains the Addicted Condition, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden. If they do not get their fix they will eventually suffer from the Deprived Condition.)
                          • (4) Kiss of the Hal Gil (The cost is 2 Vitae. One Vitae (included in the cost) must be fed to the victim. The victim gains the Intoxicated Condition, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden. This power can be used to resolve the Deprived Condition.)
                          • (5) Blessed Drowsing (The cost is 3 Vitae. Two Vitae (included in the cost) must be fed to the victim. The victim gains the Intoxicated Condition and is affected by under the rules for Overdose, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden. This power can be used to resolve the Deprived Condition.)

Architects of the Monolith
                        • Architects of the Monolith (Animalism, Dominate, Obfuscate, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Ventrue Bane, Architects, similar to Malkovians, suffer from the Delusional (Persistent) Condition. Architects suffer from the Insane Tilt anytime it would be resolved.
                        • Gilded Cage – A ritual discipline, much better represented using the Blood Sorcery rules. In this case I’ve modeled it as additional Theban Sorcery rituals.
                          • Paths of the Prey (Theban Sorcery (1)) – A city map must be sacrificed, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.
                          • Red Light (Theban Sorcery (1)) – A public transportation schedule must be sacrificed, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.
                          • Green Light (Theban Sorcery (1)) – A public transportation schedule must be sacrificed, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.
                          • Aura of the Monolith (Theban Sorcery (2)) – A replica of the landmark must be sacrificed, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden. Note that this replica can be a commonly available replica including one found on a keychain or similar tourist knickknack.
                          • Eye of the Pyramid (Theban Sorcery (3)) – A brick from a building must be sacrificed, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden. The number of buildings that this ritual may be cast upon at the same time is equal to her dots in Theban Sorcery rather than Gilded Cage.
                          • Gather the Herd (Theban Sorcery (3)) – A formal invitation written in the sorcerer’s blood (this needn’t cost any Vitae) must be sacrificed, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.
                          • Lock the Gilded Cage (Theban Sorcery (4)) – A replica of the landmark or building and a picture of the victim must be sacrificed. Substitute all mentions of dots in Guilded Cage with dots in Theban Sorcery, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden. Note that the replica can be a commonly available replica such as one found on a keychain or similar tourist knickknack.
                          • Metropolis of the United Diagram (Theban Sorcery (5)) – A map of the city and a diamond of at least 2 carats must be sacrificed, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.

Bohagande
                        • Bohagande (Auspex, Animalism, Protean, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Gangrel Bane, Bohagande are particularly bestial in nature and so are affected by the Bestial Condition for twice its normal duration and are always subject to it no matter how recently they have resolved it.
                        • Sunnikuse – Another ritual discipline, like Gilded Cage, Sunnikuse works best as a series of Crúac rites as I’ve modeled it below.
                          • Jinx (Crúac (1)) (The victim only gains 2 bonus dice from Willpower expenditures, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • Evil Eye (Crúac (2)) (The victim only gains 1 bonus die from Willpower expenditures, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • Twist of Fate (Crúac (3)) (The Vampire can choose to add or substract 2 bonus dice anytime the victim spends a point of Willpower, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • Calamity (Crúac (4)) (The victim gains no bonus dice from Willpower expenditures so long as she is in contact with the cursed object, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • Gift of the Crow (Crúac (5)) (The Vampire can affect the victim as though he had the Thief of Fate Merit, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)

Gethsemani
                        • Gethsemani (Majesty, Nightmare, Obfuscate, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Nosferatu Bane, Gethsemani have the Addicted (Persitent) Condition which cannot be resolved. Each night upon rising they must inflict 1 Lethal damage to themselves, suffering one of the following Tilts for that night in the process (Arm Wrack (One Arm), Blinded (One Eye), Deafened (One Ear), or Leg Wrack (One Leg)), or suffer from the Deprived Condition.
                        • Stigmatica – Another discipline better represented by Blood Sorcery rituals. I’m modeling it as additional Theban Sorcery rituals due to its miraculous nature.
                          • The Scourging (Theban Sorcery (1)) (A small length of barbed wire must be sacrificed, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • Palms of Blood (Theban Sorcery (2)) (A pair of nails must be sacrificed. The victim is affected by the Arm Wrack (Both Arms) Tilt, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • The Dolorous Nail (Theban Sorcery (3)) (A railroad spike must be sacrificed. The victim is affected by the Leg Wrack (Both Legs) Tilt, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • Crown of Thorns (Theban Sorcery (4)) (A crown of thorns must be sacrificed. Each success gained on the roll inflicts one Lethal Damage to the target and liberates 2 Vitae per turn. Consuming the Vitae will increase the imbiber’s Composure and Resolve by 1 dot for every 2 Vitae consumed and fades with the dawn or when a different Stigmatica power is used that night. The victim is affected by the Blinded (Both Eyes) and Deafened (Both Ears) Tilts, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • Spear of Longinus (Theban Sorcery (5)) (A spearhead or lance tip must be sacrificed. Each success gained on the roll inflicts one Aggravated Damage to the target and liberates 3 points of Vitae per turn thereafter. Consuming the Vitae will increase the imbiber’s Blood Potency by 1 dot for every 3 Vitae consumed. The effects fade with the dawn or when a different Stigmatica Power is used. The victim is affected by the Immobilized Tilt, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                        • Threnadies
                          • Tears of Blood (Majesty (2), Theban Sorcery (2)) (Cost: 1 Willpower, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • Transubstantiation of the Starved (Theban Sorcery (3), Vigor (2)) (Cost: 1 Willpower, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)

Khaibit
                        • Khaibit (Auspex, Celerity, Obtenebration, Obfuscate); Bane: In addition to the normal Mekhet Bane, Khaibit cannot spend Willpower on rolls made to resist Frenzy provoked by exposure to sunlight.
                        • Obtenebration – This discipline is more or less fine as is. I’ve made a few tweaks to better align it with costs in B&S.
                          • (1) Night Sight (There is ordinarily no cost to use this power. The Vampire can see in total darkness. The Vampire can also attempt to see incorporeal Angels, Ghosts, Spirits, or Strix, as though she had the appropriate Unseen Sense Merit. The first use of this power is free each scene. Additional uses cost 1 Vitae.
                          • (2) Shadow Play (As in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • (3) Shroud of Night (As in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • (4) Perambulum in Tenebris (The cost is 2 Vitae, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • (5) Shadow Form (The cost is 2 Vitae. As in Bloodlines: the Hidden, further the Vampire can see and interact with Strix.)

Morotrophians
                        • Morotrophians (Auspex, Nightmare, Obfuscate, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Nosferatu Bane, Morotrophians suffer the Frightened Condition when not within a building or enclosed vehicle. This condition cannot be resolved.
                        • Institutionalize – Like the Insomnium Discipline, Insitutionalize is probably more appropriately represented using Auspex and Obfuscate based Devotions.
                          • Halls of Power (Auspex (1)) (This power costs nothing to use the first time each scene and costs 1 Vitae each time thereafter. Effects are in accord to Auspex (1) but specialized according to Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • Social Censure (Auspex (2), Nightmare (2), Obfuscate (1)) (This power costs 1 Vitae. The victim gains the Leveraged Condition, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • Off Limits (Obfuscate (5)) (This power costs 1-3 Vitae. It operates as the Territory power except that the “territory” is confined within a building. One Vitae is enough to claim a room, two for an entire suite of rooms or a floor in a small building such as a house, and three for an entire floor of a large building or one floor of a wing in a very large building (like a mansion or sprawling building), or an entire building if the building is small like a house, garage, or shed, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • Panopticon (Auspex (3), Obfuscate (5)) (This power costs 2-6 Vitae, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden. As with Off Limits the Morotrophian must mark off the away to be affected. Two Vitae is enough to mark a suite of rooms or a floor in a small building such as a house. Four Vitae is enough to mark off an entire large building such as a house, the floor of a large building or a floor in a wing of a very large building and, six Vitae is enough to mark off the area of a large building or wing in a very large building.)
                          • Lord of the Manor (Nightmare (4), Obfuscate (5)) (This power costs 3-9 Vitae, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden. The vampire must mark off the areas as with the Oubliette power. Three Vitae is enough to mark a suite of rooms or a floor in a small building such as a house. Six Vitae is enough to mark off an entire large building such as a house, the floor of a large building or a floor in a wing of a very large building and, nine Vitae is enough to mark off the area of a large building or wing in a very large building.)

Nahualli
                        • Nahualli (Auspex, Dominate, Resilience, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Ventrue Bane, Nahualli do not gain the benefit of the 10 again rule when attempting to Ride the Wave or resist a Frenzy. Any 1’s rolled will subtract from their successes in these two cases.
                        • Tezcatl – Arguably this Discipline may work better as a new Coil.
                          • Mystery of the Mirror
                            • Coil of the Mirror
                              • Conciliation (1) (The Vampire may ignore any challenges issued by other Vampires Lashing Out with their beasts at him.)
                              • Life’s Reflection (2) (Whenever the Vampire uses the Blush of Life he ignores any dice penalties to social rolls caused by Humanity 6 or less.)
                              • Focus the Aspect (3) (For a point of Willpower the Vampire increases any dice penalties or benefits from emotional conditions she suffers from by 1. These include: Bestial, Broken, Competitive, Deprived, Ecstatic, Guilty, Humbled, Languid, Lethargic, Raptured, Sated, Scarred, Soulless, Swooning, Tempted, or Wanton.)
                              • The Smoking Mirror (4) (For a point of Willpower the Vampire can enter a Frenzy at will and Ride the Wave.)
                              • Bestial Avatar (5) (While in a Frenzy or Riding the Wave, the Vampire counts his Blood Potency, Celerity, Resilience, and Vigor as all being one dot higher for the duration of the Frenzy. The Vampire’s brawling attacks cause Aggravated Damage to mortals, including Hunters, Mages, and Sin-Eaters, and Lethal Damage to supernatural creatures, including Changelings, Demons, Mummies, Prometheans, and Werewolves.)

Nelapsi
                        • Nelapsi (Celerity, Majesty, Nightmare, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Daeva Bane, Nelapsi must spend an amount of Vitae equal to their Blood Potency to awaken for the night. If they are unable to meet this requirement then they fall into a Torpor as normal.
                        • Devotions
                          • Quicken the Slumbering Vitae (Celerity (2), Vigor (2)) (As in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • Shadow Heart (Nightmare (2), Vigor (3)) (Cost: 2 Vitae; Note that the normal staking requirement is now a -3 penalty with 5 damage needed, this Devotion increases that penalty to -4 with 7 damage needed, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • Witch Lights (Majesty (1), Nightmare (2)) (Victims gain the Distracted Condition for the remainder or the scene and Spooked Condition thereafter.)

Oberlochs
                        • Oberlochs (Animalism, Dominate, Protean, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Gangrel Bane, Oberlochs continue to age like normal humans losing 1 dot from each of their Physical attributes every 50 years to a minimum stat score of 1.
                        • Devotions
                          • Beloved Pet (Animalism (4), Protean (4)) (Cost: 1 Vitae and 1 Willpower; As in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • Indomitable Aura (Dominate (3), Resilience (2)) (As in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • Man to Beast (Animalism (1), Dominate (2), Protean (4)) – Cost: 1 Vitae and 1 Willpower; The victim gains the Delusional Condition, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)

Qedeshah
                        • Qedeshah (Auspex, Celerity, Embrocation, Obfuscate); Bane: In addition to the normal Mekhet Bane, Qedeshah cannot give the Kiss to men, nor can they Embrace them. They can still serve as an Ayvus to a male Vampire or Revenant though.
                        • Embrocation – This discipline works pretty well as is. I’ve only made minor tweaks to better align the discipline with B&S.
                          • (1) Masaha (The cost is 1 Vitae, which must be smeared on the subject’s forehead, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)
                          • (2) Lebhonah (The cost is 1 Vitae. Victims within the area of effect suffer from the Confused Condition.)
                          • (3) Berith (The cost is 2 Vitae. Increases the effectiveness of Vinculum or Vaulderie by one step.)
                          • (4) Mashkeh (The cost is 1 Vitae per wound level consumed plus 1 Willpower, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Hidden. Note that the Vampire gains no Vitae from the use of this power. Healing Aggravated Damage effectively costs 3 Vitae per wound and, healing Lethal Damage effectively costs 2 Vitae per wound.)
                          • (5) Taharah (The cost is 3 to 9 Vitae, depending on the size of the sanctum to be created. Three is sufficient to consecrate a small church building. Six is sufficient to consecrate a large church building and, nine is sufficient to consecrate a cathedral-sized building. Effects as in Bloodlines: the Hidden.)

Rakshasha
                        • Rakshasha (Nightmare, Obfuscate, Protean, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Nosferatu Bane, Rakshasha cannot spend Willpower when resisting or trying to Ride the Wave of Frenzies provoked by other Vampires (such as those caused through Lashing Out).

My take on B&S consistent versions of the Bloodlines from Bloodlines: the Legendary.

Bron
                        • Bron (Animalism, Dominate, Resilience, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Ventrue Bane, Bron must twice as much for the Feeding Ground, Ghoul Retainer, Haven, Herd, Retainer, Safe Place, and Staff Merits.
                        • Crochan – Considering the overall theme of both the Crochan Discipline and the Bron Bloodline, Crochan makes much more sense modeled as Theban Sorcery rituals. Since the rules for each power work pretty much as is just change the cost to activate each ability to 1 Willpower.
                          • Swift Flows the Blood (Theban Sorcery (1)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a wreath of flowers, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)
                          • Blight of the Fisher King (Theban Sorcery (2)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a lock of the victim’s hair or similar token possession, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)
                          • Bitter Humours (Theban Sorcery (3)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a lock of the victim’s hair or similar token possession, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)
                          • Stolen Blood, Stolen Life (Theban Sorcery (4)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a lock of the victim’s hair or similar token possession, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)
                          • Restoration of the Maimed (Theban Sorcery (5)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a cup of water blessed by a living priest, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)

The Carnival
                        • The Carnival (Celerity, Majesty, Protean, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Daeva Bane, members of the Carnival are either possessed of a freakish mien, causing anyone gazing upon them must make a successful Composure roll or gain the Spooked Condition or, are physically deformed and suffer from the Arm Wrack (One Arm) or Leg Wrack (One Leg) Tilts. These tilts cannot be resolved.
                        • The Show – Arguably this Discipline works much more simply as a series of Devotions based on Protean and Resilience.
                          • Geek Trick (Resilience (1)) (As in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)
                          • Contortion (Protean (2)) (As in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)
                          • [s] Spider Crawl (The Show (3)) [s] – obsolete due to changes in Protean, just use Protean (2).
                          • [s] Rubber Skin (The Show (4)) [s] – obsolete due to changes in Protean, just use Protean (4).
                          • Siamese Twin (Protean (5)) (The cost is 2 Vitae and 1 Willpower, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.
                          • Gawk (Majesty (1), Resilience (1)) (As in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)

Children of Judas
                        • Children of Judas (Auspex, Majesty, Nightmare, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Daeva Bane, Children of Judas suffer from the Addicted (Persitent) Condition. This condition cannot be resolved. Causing emotional distress in others gives Children their fix.
                        • Despond – Arguably, this Discipline can be easily modeled using Devotions based on Nightmare, as I have done below.
                          • Self-Doubt (Auspex (2), Nightmare (2)) (The cost is 1 Vitae. If successful, the victim is affected by the Stunned Tilt, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)
                          • Doomed to Fail (Auspex (2), Nightmare (2)) (The cost is 1 Vitae per turn. If successful the victim is affected by the Distracted Condition as long as the Vampire continues to concentrate and use this power, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)
                          • Dark Night of the Soul (Auspex (2), Nightmare (3)) (The cost is 2 Vitae. If successful, the victim is affected by the Deprived Condition as though she had missed an opportunity to get a fix for an addiction, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)
                          • Melancholy (Auspex (4), Nightmare (4)) (The cost is 3 Vitae. If successful, the victim is affected by the Broken Condition, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)
                          • The Earth Rejects Thee (Auspex (4), Nightmare (5)) (The cost is 2 Vitae and 1 Willpower. 1 additional Vitae must be spent and 1 additional Willpower must be sacrificed to Embrace the suicide, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)

Galloi
                        • Galloi (Majesty, Nightmare, Obfuscate, Taurobolium); Bane: In addition to the normal Nosferatu Bane, Galloi has the Addicted (Persistent) Condition. She must bath in her own blood each new moon or gain the Deprived Condition. Her Addicted Condition cannot be resolved. She must spend 1 Vitae in order to gain the persistent benefit from Taurobolium when suffering from the Deprived Condition caused in this way. The persistent effect lasts until the end of the night.
                        • Taurobolium – I’ve altered this Discipline substantially to remove its ritual aspects but keep the “Blood” benefits. It could be modeled using Crúac but, modeling it as a kind of physical Discipline seems more interesting and substantially simpler.
                          • Persistent: Add the Vampire’s dots in Taurobolium to his Presence. Dice from dots in Taurobolium can overcome the Nosferatu Clan Bane but, all failures on social roles are considered to be dramatic failures instead. The Galloi cannot gain a beat from these failures.
                          • Active: By spending a point of Vitae the Vampire can:
                            • Add his dots in Taurobolium to his Manipulation. Dice from dots in Taurobolium can overcome the Nosferatu Clan Bane but, all failures on social roles are considered to be dramatic failures instead. The Galloi cannot gain a beat from these failures. This effects lasts until the end of the scene.
                            • Add his dots in Taurobolium to his Composure. Dice from dots in Taurobolium can overcome the Nosferatu Clan Bane but, all failures on social roles are considered to be dramatic failures instead. The Galloi cannot gain a beat from these failures. This effect lasts until the end of the scene.
                            • Add his dots in Taurobolium to another’s Presence. He anoints the subject with the spent Vitae. If the anointed is a member of the Nosferatu Clan, dice from dots in Taurobolium can overcome the Nosferatu Clan Bane but, all failures on social roles are considered to be dramatic failures instead. The anointed cannot gain a beat from these failures. This effect lasts until dawn.
                        • Devotions
                          • Consent of the Magna Mater (Majesty (1), Taurobolium (2)) – Cost: 1 Vitae; As in Bloodlines: the Legendary.
                          • Blessing of the Captive Eye (Obfuscate (3), Taurobolium (1)) – obsolete due to B&S.
                          • Transgression of Attis (Majesty (2), Obfuscate (4), Taurobolium (5)) – Cost: 3 Vitae; As in Bloodlines: the Legendary.

Gulikan
                        • Gulikan (Celerity, Majesty, Ortam, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Daeva Bane, Gulikans gain the Distracted Condition every time they detect a new or interesting scent.
                        • Ortam – Like Taurobolium, Ortam works rather nicely as a physical discipline. I’ve heavily nerfed the Vinculum effect found in Bloodlines: the Legendary by making it a temporary effect. Nothing should really substitute for imbibing blood when creating bonds. The other active effects should make it rather easier for a Gulikan to get someone to actually imbibe her blood should she wish it.
                          • Persistent: Add her dots in Ortam to her Blood Potency for the purposes of calculating the distance at which her sense of smell operates. Add the Vampire’s dots in Ortam to any Craft rolls and Perception rolls dealing with perfumes or scents.
                          • Active: The Vampire may spend a point of Vitae, anointing herself with it, to:
                            • Subtract her dots in Ortam from any reflexive resistance rolls made against her Manipulation related dice pools by those within a number of feet to her that is equal to her dots in Ortam. This effect lasts for the rest of the scene.
                            • Subtract her dots in Ortam from any Composure related dice pools of those within a number of feet of her equal to her dots in Ortam. This effect lasts for the rest of the scene.
                            • Increase the strength of any Vinculum bond by one step of all those within a number of yards of her equal to her dots in Ortam. This effect lasts for the rest of the scene.

Kuufukuji -- I think these guys work better as a Jiangshi Bloodline and that is reflected here.
                        • Kuufukuji (Auspex, Celerity, Obfuscate, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Jiangshi Bane, Kuufukuji can never have more Vitae than the (maximum allowed by their Blood Potency) minus their Blood Potency.
                        • Shihai – This Discipline arguably works better a Coil of the Dragon (or Treasure of Buddha if you’re using the Sakadagami Covenant). I’ve modeled it below as such.
                          • Mystery of the Tiger
                            • Coil of the Tiger
                              • The Outside Eye Within (1) (The Vampire gains a +2 bonus to all Intimidate, Persuasion, and Socialize rolls.)
                              • Roots to the Earth (2) (The Vampire gains +3 dice when resisting Frenzy provoked by the sight of open wounds or hunger.)
                              • Sate the Tiger’s Hunger (3) (By spending a point of Willpower and suffering 3 Lethal Damage, the vampire may avoid Frenzy due to the sight of open wounds or hunger. The vampire gains the Bestial Condition.)
                              • Trap the Tiger’s Fury (4) (By spending a point of Willpower and suffering 3 Lethal Damage the vampire may avoid Frenzy altogether. The vampire still gains the Bestial, Competitive, or Wanton Condition as appropriate.)
                              • Calm the Stalking Tiger (5) (By spending a point of Willpower and suffering 5 Lethal Damage the vampire may prevent Frenzy in another. The subject still gains the Bestial, Competitive, or Wanton Condition as appropriate.)

Macellarius
                        • Macellarius (Animalism, Dominate, Gustus, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Ventrue Bane, Marcellarii are enormously obese and do not benefit from the 10 again rule on Dexterity rolls. Any 1’s remove successes on rolls that use Dexterity. Marcellarii also suffer a -1 penalty to their Speed.
                        • Gustus
                          • (1) Pound of Flesh (There is no cost for this power. The Macellarius gains additional Vitae equal to the victim’s size. This power cannot be used to consume mortals that have been dead for longer than 1 day. Note that this time limit expands to up to 1 week in colder latitudes and contracts down to 1 hour in warmer latitudes. The flesh of vampires can be consumed, granting extra Vitae equal to the victim’s size + Blood Potency but the “flesh” Mummies and Prometheans cannot be consumed this way)
                          • (2) Gorge (There is no cost for this power. As in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)
                          • (3) Befoul (The cost is 1 Vitae which must be added into the food or drink to be imbibed. Mortals, including Changelings, Demons, Mages, Hunters, and Sin-Eaters, consuming food or drink tainted by this power suffer from the “Moderate” Poison Tilt, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)
                          • (4) Disgorge (As in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)
                          • (5) Puissance of Flesh (The cost is 2 Vitae and 1 Willpower, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.)

Melissidae
                        • Melissidae (Animalism, Auspex, Dominate, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Ventrue Bane, Melissidae gain the Frightened Condition when separated from other members of the hive.
                        • Devotions
                          • Swarm Communion (Animalism (1), Dominate (4)) – Cost: 2 Vitae; Otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.
                          • Royal Jelly (Dominate (1), Resilience (1)) – Cost: None; Otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.
                          • Small Witness (Animalism (1), Auspex (2)) – obsolete, use Animalism (2) instead
                          • Sting (Animalism (3), Dominate (2)) – Cost: 3 Vitae; The victim gains the Mute Condition, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.
                          • Body Colony (Animalism (3), Dominate (2)) – Cost: 3 Vitae; Otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.
                          • Honeycomb Heart (Animalism (3), Resilience (2)) – Cost: 3 Vitae; Otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.
                          • Hive Induction (Animalism (5), Dominate (4)) – Cost: 6 Vitae and 2 Willpower to create the initial 3 member hive mind; 3 Vitae and 1 Willpower for each subsequent member added, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.
                          • Mock Mind (Auspex (4), Dominate (4)) – Cost: 4 Vitae; Otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.

Players
                        • Players (Auspex, Celerity, Majesty, Obfuscate); Bane: In addition to the normal Mekhet Bane, Players count up all 1’s rolled on Discipline tests that affect mortal’s minds. If the 1’s exceed the number of successes, the test results in a dramatic failure. The Vampire can no longer affect the victim with her mind-affecting powers unless she puts them under the effects of the Vinculum.
                        • Devotions
                          • Faking It (Majesty (1), Obfuscate (4)) – Cost: 2 Vitae; Otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.
                          • Makeover (Majesty (5), Obfuscate (4)) – Cost: 4 Vitae and 1 Willpower; Otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Legendary.

My take on making the material in Belial's Brood B&S compatible.

Therion – Nominally, no changes really need to be made to this Bloodline. In my own games I’ve leveraged the new idea of Revenants introduced in Blood & Smoke and made Therions into the “Revenant” Bloodline. This interpretation also leverages Larvae from the Night Horrors: the Wicked Dead.
                        • Therion (Choice of 2 selected from (Animalism, Celerity, Resilience, or Vigor), Choronzon, Obfuscate); Bane: Therions can only Sire Larvae. Therions still sweat blood during the day. Reduce their Vitae by 1d10 divided by 2, rounding down (to a minimum of 1), when they awaken each night. If this loss causes them to drop to 0 Vitae, they cannot awaken and fall into Torpor.
                        • Choronzon – once again getting away from ritualistic Disciplines, I’ve gone the physical Discipline route with Choronzon, reflecting the unrepentant nature of Therions’ Beasts.
                          • Persistent: Add the Vampire’s Choronzon dots to her Humanity for the purposes of determining Torpor and day waking durations.
                          • Active: By spending 1 Vitae the Vampire can:
                            • Roll her Choronzon as a dice pool to resolve any Bestial, Competitive, Jaded, or Wanton Conditions caused by a Detachment or Frenzy roll.
                            • Add the Vampire’s Choronzon dots to any rolls to Ride the Wave in a Frenzy
                            • Add the Vampire’s Choronzon dots to her chosen Power stat when Lashing Out.
                        • Pneuma Investments
                          • Aeon’s Crux (The cost is 1 Vitae; As in Belial’s Brood)
                          • Appetite for Weakness (The cost is 1 Vitae. Supernatural creatures substitute the appropriate trait for Virtue, e.g., use Mask for Vampires. Victims are affected by the Confused Condition if the Vampire is successful. Victims are instead affected by the Fugue Condition if the Vampire is exceptionally successful. There are no prerequisites to purchase this Investment, otherwise as in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Beast Sense (obsolete due to Auspex and Lashing Out)
                          • Feet of Clay (The cost is 1 Vitae. The victim’s speed is reduced to ½. If the victim tries to move at full speed or run, her speed is reduced to ¼ instead.)
                          • Fire in the Head (The cost is 1 Vitae. Supernatural creatures substitute the appropriate trait for Vice, e.g., use Dirge for Vampires. Victims are affected by the Deprived Condition. There are no prerequisites to purchase this Investment, otherwise as in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Hiriliu (obsolete due to Lashing Out)
                          • Incite Katharos (The cost is 1 Vitae. Supernatural creatures substitute the appropriate trait for Vice, e.g., use Dirge for Vampires. There is no prerequisite to purchase this Investment, otherwise as in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Pnuema Transfer (The cost is Vitae equal to the victim’s size. A dot of Willpower must be sacrificed. In the event of a dramatic failure, the Vampire suffers Final Death, otherwise as in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Scent of Socius (As in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Undying Beast (As in Belial’s Brood.)
                        • Sarx Investments
                          • Belial’s Feast (The cost is 1 Vitae, otherwise as in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Flesh Spider (The cost is 2 Vitae, otherwise as in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Hands of the Beast (As in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Mantle of the Adversary (As in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Mark of Hunger’s Prey (As in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Rotting Touch (Promethean’s are affected by this power as though they were undead creatures. Changelings, Demons, Mages, Sin-Eaters, and Werewolves are all treated as living creatures, otherwise as in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Unfeeling Skin (As in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Veil of Flame (The cost is 2 Vitae and 1 Willpower. The Vampire is still provoked to Frenzy, otherwise as in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Walk the Walls – obsolete due to Protean (2)
                          • Warp Corpse (As in Belial’s Brood.)
                        • Soma Investments
                          • Blood Calls to Blood (The cost is 1 Vitae, otherwise as in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Blood Curse (Prometheans and Mummies are unaffected by this power, otherwise as in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Blood of the Beast (As in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Blood Rage (As in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Hide Within the Heart (As in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Led by Thirst (As in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Master’s Will (As in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Predator’s Allure (As in Belial’s Brood.)
                          • Strike of the Adversary (obsolete due to Celerity)
                          • Way of the Marauder (obsolete due to Celerity)
                        • Devotions
                          • Child of the Night (Animalism (1)) – Cost: None; As in Belial’s Brood.
                          • Discerning Palate Knowledge of the Flesh (Belial’s Feast, Auspex (2)) – Cost: 1 Vitae; As in Belial’s Brood.
                          • Disquieting Mien (Nightmare (1)) – Cost: None; All who look upon the Vampire must roll their Composure [+ Supernatual Advantage] or be affected by the Spooked Condition.
                          • Mesmeric Taint (Predator’s Allure, Majesty (3)) – Cost: None. When Lashing Out, the Vampire may opt to affect other Vampire’s with the Mesmerized Condition instead of the Bestial, Competitive, or Wanton Condition.
                          • Song of Bonded Blood (Scent of Socius, Auspex (4)) – Cost: 1 Vitae; As in Belial’s Brood.

My thoughts on updating the Bloodlines in Bloodlines: the Chosen.

Agonistes – Due to the changes B&S made to torpor, notably eliminating the “Fog of Ages” the central theme behind the Agonistes needed some reworking.
                        • Agonistes (Auspex, Celerity, Dominate, Obfuscate); Bane: In addition to the normal Mekhet Bane, Agonistes treat their Humanity as 1 dot lower when calculating the length of Torpor. Anytime an Agonistes suffers a dramatic failure on a Detachment roll, Frenzy roll, or a roll representing an interaction with a Touchstone, the Agonistes gains the Languid Condition in addition to any other conditions she may normally gain.
                        • Devotions – I’ve completely rebuilt the Palinode and Dodona Devotions to align them with B&S.
                          • Exegenesis (Auspex (4), Dominate (1)) (Cost: 1 Vitae; This Devotion allows the Vampire to put someone into a deep sleep from which they will only awaken through drastic measures. The Agoniste rolls Intelligence + Expression + (Auspex or Dominate) vs. the victim’s Resolve + Blood Potency. On a dramatic failure the victim becomes immune the Agoniste’s mind affecting powers for the rest of the night. On a failure nothing happens. On a success the victim falls into a coma or torpor for one day per success. The extra successes of an exceptional success are their own award. Note that mortals will need medical attention if the coma persists longer than two days.)
                          • Syncope (Dominate (1)) (Cost: None; Success causes the target to be affected by the Immobilized Tilt for one turn, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen. This power does not affect undead creatures or unnatural creatures such as Prometheans.)
                          • Palinode (Auspex (4), Dominate (4)) (Cost: 3 Vitae; The Agoniste can rewrite a victim’s memories while they sleep. The victim does not first need to be mesmerized. The Agoniste rolls Intelligence + Espression + (Auspex or Dominate) vs. the victim’s Resolve + Blood Potency. On a dramatic failure the victim becomes immune to the Agoniste’s mind affecting powers for the rest of the night. On a failure, no memories are changed. Success allows the Agoniste to change one memory per success. The extra successes of an exceptional success are their own reward. Upon awakening the victim is affected by the Delusional (Persistent) Condition.)
                          • Dodona (Auspex (5), Dominate (5)) (Cost: 3 Vitae + 1 Willpower; This devotion allows the Vampire to possess someone while they are in twilight. The Agoniste rolls Intelligence + Intimidate + (Auspex or Dominate) vs. the victims Resolve + Blood Potency. On a dramatic failure the Agoniste snaps back to her body and the cannot affect the victim with any of her mind-affecting powers for the remainder of the night. On a failure, the victim is not possessed. On a success the Vampire may possess the victim for 1 night per success as per Dominate (5) but her life fades as per Twilight Projection.)
                          • Soma (Auspex (4), Celerity (1), Dominate (4)) (Cost: 4 Vitae; Otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)

Baddacelli -- This Bloodline works very, very well within the B&S milieu.
                        • Baddacelli (Mimetismo, Nightmare, Obfuscate, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Nosferatu Bane, Baddacelli suffer from the Blind (Both Eyes) Tilt. This Tilt cannot be ended.
                        • Mimetismo
                          • (1) Certain Sounds (There is no cost to use this power. The Vampire reduces dice penalties from being Blind to -4 and may benefit from ¼ of his Defense during combat situations, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen)
                          • (2) Impersonation (There is no cost for the first use of this power during a scene. Each use after the first costs 1 Vitae, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)
                          • (3) Cacophony (As in Bloodlines: the Chosen)
                          • (4) Echolocation (The cost is 1 Vitae per turn, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen)
                          • (5) Aural Assault (The cost is 2 Vitae, the victim of a successful assault suffers 1 Lethal Damage and gains the Deafened and Stunned Tilts. Undead creatures suffer Bashing damage instead. On an exceptional success, the damage is Aggravated instead causing the Deafness to be permanent. Undead creatures suffer Lethal Damage instead and the Deafness is not permanent.)
                        • Devotions
                          • Song of Serenity (Majesty (3), Mimetismo (2)) (Cost: 2 Vitae; Otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)

Duchagne
                        • Duchagne (Auspex, Celerity, Majesty, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Daeva Bane, Duchagne suffer from the Distracted Condition anytime they are doing an activity that they have done in the pass.
                        • Licencieux – This Discipline arguably works much better as a series of Crúac rituals, which I’ve modeled below.
                          • Intime (Crúac (1)) (The cost is 1 Vitae, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen)
                          • La Touche Illusoire (Crúac (2)) (The cost is 1 Vitae plus the sacrifice of 1 Vitae, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen)
                          • Douleur Agréable (Crúac (3)) (The cost is 1 Vitae plus the sacrifice of 2 Vitae. The victim is affected by the Scarred or the Swooning Condition. If the victim’s resistance roll is a dramatic failure, he is affected by the Disabled Condition or the Intoxicated Tilt.)
                          • Insensate (Crúac (4)) (The cost is 1 Vitae plus the sacrifice of 3 Vitae. The victim is affected by the Insensate Tilt.)
                          • Jardin d’Agrément (Crúac (5)) (The cost is 1 Vitae and 1 Willpower plus the sacrifice of 4 Vitae. The victim is affected by the Delusional Condition. On a dramatic failure the Vampire is affected by the Delusional Condition instead.)

Noctuku
                        • Noctuku (Nightmare, Obfuscate, Protean, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Nosferatu Bane, Noctuku suffer the Addicted (Eating Flesh) Condition. This Condition cannot be resolved. Note that unlike the Macellarius Bloodline, the Noctuku are unable to keep flesh down unless they use the Blush of Life and gain no additional sustenance from its consumption. They cannot use the Kiss, their feeding victims always suffer from the Scarred Condition afterwards.
                        • Phagia – This discipline has a great deal of overlap between this Discipline and the Nightmare and Protean Disciplines. As such I’ve modeled at a series of Devotions and Crúac rituals.
                          • Appalling Lure (Nightmare (3)) (The cost of this power is 2 Vitae, one of which is used to anoint the lure, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)
                          • Gnashing Maw (Nightmare (2), Protean (2)) (The cost of this power is 2 Vitae. Victims of the Vampire’s bite suffer Aggravated damage from the Assault when this power is used (Vampires will downgrade this damage to Lethal), ensuring that the Scarred Condition they gain cannot be resolved through ordinary means. Victim’s suffer from the Frightened Condition for the remainder of the scene.)
                          • Rasping Flesh (Protean (2), Vigor (1)) (The cost of this power is 1 Vitae. The Vampire may feed on victims through his skin. He must make a successful touch attack. The victim is affected just as though they had suffered the effects of the Assault.)
                        • Crúac Rituals
                          • Blood Compulsion (Crúac (5)) (The cost of this ritual is 1 Vitae plus the sacrifice of 4 Vitae. The Noctuku rolls Strength + Occult + Crúac. Upon the successful completion of this ritual divide the successes between duration and area of effect. For the duration all blood within the area is attracted to the Vampire. The Vampire may use other powers such as the Rasping Flesh Devotion to absorb any blood that makes contact with her. For the duration of the ritual, the Vampire can spend a Willpower point to make an opposed roll as described in Bloodlines: the Chosen to force blood out of mortal vessels causing Lethal damage in the processes as blood flows out of the victims pours and orifices.
                          • Bloody Cache (Crúac (3)) (The cost of this ritual is 1 Vitae plus the sacrifice of an additional 2 Vitae. The Noctuku rolls Intelligence + Occult + Crúac, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)
                          • Mortal Balm (Crúac (4)) (The cost is 1 Vitae plus the sacrifice of 3 additional Vitae, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen)
                        • Threnodies
                        • The Warding Flesh (Crúac (4) , Nightmare (2)) (The cost is 1 Vitae. The Vampire must have already used the Mortal Balm ritual. In addition anyone looking at the Vampire and his garish panoply must roll their Resolve + Blood Potency or be affected by the Frightened Condition.

Rötgrafen
                        • Rötgrafen (Animalism, Dominate, Protean, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Ventrue Bane, Rötgrafen cannot spend Willpower to resist or Ride the Wave of a Frenzy caused by exposure to fire.
                        • Devotions
                          • The Hidden Master (Animalism (5), Dominate (2), Protean (1)) (Cost: varies; The Vampire must first claim the ship, marking her territory in the same way as the Animalism (5) power. It takes three Vitae to claim a small ship (60’ length or less), six Vitae claims a medium vessel (61’ to 300’ in length), and nine Vitae can be used to claim vessels as large as 1500 feet long (about the size of a small oil tanker). Once the territory has been claimed, by walking around the perimeter of its deck and shedding blood, thereafter the Vampire can sink into the material of the hull as though it was earth so long as the ship remains her territory. Like Animalism (5), the territory must be renewed. Thereafter the Vampire can spend 1 Vitae to command a subject on board the vessel. The Vampire rolls Intelligence + Intimidate + Dominate vs. the victim’s Resolve + Blood Potency. On a dramatic failure the victim becomes immune to the Vampire’s mind-affecting powers while he remains aboard the vessel. Success causes the victim to gain the Mesmerized Condition and the Vampire can issue a complex command equivalent to what can be issued using Dominate (2).)
                          • Rime of Salt (Protean (4), Resilience (1)) (Cost: 2 Vitae; Otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)
                        Undiminished Rage (Animalism (5), Protean (1)) – obsolete due to Frenzy changes

Sangiovanni
                        • Sangiovanni (Auspex, Celerity, Nightmare, Obfuscate); Bane: In addition to the normal Mekhet Bane, Sangiovanni consider their Humanity to be two lower for all social interactions.)
                        • Cattiveria – This power works much better as a series of Crúac rituals as I’ve modeled below.
                          • Mortician’s Appraisal (Crúac (1)) (The cost of this ritual is 1 Vitae. As in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)
                          • Shuffling Porter (Crúac (2)) (The cost of this ritual is 1 Vitae plus 1 Vitae per corpse to be raised, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen. The extra Vitae is fed to the corpses.)
                          • Ectoplasmic Manifestation (Crúac (3)) (The cost of this ritual is 1 Vitae plus the sacrifice of 2 additional Vitae. This ritual can also be used to heal Mummies and Sin-Eaters (due to their Geist), but not “living” or “artificial” supernatural creatures, e.g., Werewolves or Prometheans, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)
                          • The Predator’s Bequest (Crúac (4)) (The cost of this ritual is 1 Vitae plus 3 Vitae per corpse. The extra Vitae is fed to the corpses, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)
                          • Ultimo Respiro (Crúac (5)) (The cost of this ritual is 1 Vitae plus the sacrifice of 4 additional Vitae. This ritual can be used to affect Mummies and Sin-Eaters (the latter due to their Geist), otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)

Taifa
                        • Taifa (Animalism, Majesty, Protean, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Gangrel Bane, Taifa suffer a -2 to all dice pools when not in the presence of another Vampire.

California Xiao -- I've updated this Bloodline to be a Jiangshi Bloodline.
                        • California Xiao (Celerity, Dominate, Majesty, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Jiangshi Bane, California Xiao suffer a -2 on all Empathy, Expression, and Socialize rolls with mortals. If a California Xiao suffers a dramatic failure on one of the above kinds of rolls then she must resist going into a Frenzy.
                        • Kingjan – This Discipline arguably works better as a series of Devotions.
                          • Blessed Detachment (Dominate (4), Majesty (4)) (The cost is 4 Vitae. The victim, who must already have the Addicted and Enervated Conditions gains the Thrall Condition, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)
                          • Degradation (Dominate (4), Majesty (3)) (The cost is 3 Vitae. The victim gains the Addicted Condition with the Vampire’s praise as his fix, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)
                          • Kiss of Oblivion (Dominate (1), Majesty (3)) (The cost is 1 Vitae. The victim, who must have the Addicted Condition, gains the Soulless Condition, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)
                          • Mortify (Dominate (1)) (There is no cost to use this power. The victim must have the Addicted Condition. The victim gains the Guilty Condition every time they gain the Deprived Condition, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)
                          • Wave of Apathy (Dominate (2), Majesty (3)) (The cost is 2 Vitae. The victim, who must already have the Addicted and Soulless Conditions, gains the Enervated Condition, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)

Tianpàn Xiao -- Like the California version above, I've updated these Xiao to be a Jiangshi Bloodline.
                        • Tianpàn Xiao (Animalism, Auspex, Celerity, Majesty); Bane: In addition to the normal Jiangshi Bane, Tianpàn Xiao do not benefit from the 10 again rule when making reflexive resistance rolls using their Composure, and any 1’s rolled subtract from their successes.
                        • Xinyao – arguably this Discipline works much better as a series of Devotions.
                          • Clear the Path (Auspex (2), Majesty (1)) (There is no cost of the use of this Devotion, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen)
                          • Guiding the Conflagration (Majesty (5)) (The cost is 2 Vitae and 1 Willpower. Victims within the area of effect are affected by the Vampire’s choice of an emotion-based Condition. The Vampire does not have to be afflicted with the chosen condition herself, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)
                          • Shackle the Soul (Auspex (4), Majesty (4)) (The cost is 3 Vitae. If successful, for the rest of the scene the Vampire may transfer emotional Conditions she would gain to the target of this power instead. See Sympathetic Call for a list of possible conditions, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)
                          • Stoke the Flames (Auspex (4), Majesty (2)) (The cost is 1 Vitae. The victim suffers the Bestial, Competitive, Guilty, Humbled, or Swooning Condition as determined by their emotional state at the time of its use, otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)
                          • Sympathetic Call (Majesty (4)) (The cost is 2 Vitae. Victims within the area of effect are affected by an emotion-based Condition that the Vampire suffers from. Possible Conditions include: Bestial, Broken, Charmed, Competitive, Deprived, Ecstatic, Enervated, Frightened, Guilty, Humbled, Inspired, Jaded, Languid, Lethargic, Raptured, Sated, Scarred, Shaken, Spooked, Soulless, Steadfast, Swooning, Tempted, and Wanton. Otherwise as in Bloodlines: the Chosen.)

Yagnatia
                        • Yagnatia (Dominate, Nightmare, Obfuscate, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Nosferatu Bane, Yagnatia can only Sire a Childe through the use of Crúac.
                        • Crúac
                          • The Boyar’s Caul (Crúac (1)) (The cost of the ritual is 1 Vitae.)
                          • Hawthorn Barrier (Crúac (2)) (The cost of the ritual is 1 Vitae plus 1 the sacrifice of 1 additional Vitae.)
                          • The Mother’s Blessing (Crúac (3)) (The cost of the ritual is 1 Vitae plus the sacrifice of an additional 2 Vitae.)

My take on GMC updates for Ancient Bloodlines.

Caporetti -- Considering the B&S changes to Protean, Protean is a very necessary Discipline for this Bloodline.
                        • Caporetti (Celerity, Nightmare, Protean, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Nosferatu Bane, Caporetti exude an aura of unnatural cold and do not benefit from the Blush of Life.
                        • Devotions
                          • Burrow (Celerity (3), Protean (4), Vigor (3)) (The cost is 3 Vitae, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Freeze Bones (Celerity (3), Nightmare (4)) (The cost is 2 Vitae; Success afflicts the target with the Immobilized Tilt for 1 turn per success. Exceptional success also causes 1 Lethal damage to mortals or 1 Bashing damage to Supernatural creatures. Changelings, Demons, Hunters, Mages, and Sin-Eaters all count as mortals for this Devotion.)
                          • Shivers (Celerity (1), Nightmare (2)) (The cost is 2 Vitae; Success causes the area around the Vampire to affected by the Extreme Cold Tilt for the remainder of the scene. The affected area is a radius equal to the Vampire’s Blood Potency in feet.)
                          • Stone Cling (Celerity (1), Vigor (1)) – obsolete due to Protean changes.

Brothers of Ypres -- Like the Caporetti, this Bloodline makes more sense if it possesses Protean.
                        • Brothers of Ypres (Asphyx, Auspex, Celerity, Protean); Bane: In addition to the normal Mekhet Bane, the bite of a Brother is mildly poisonous. They must always spend 1 Willpower if they want their vessels to be affected by the Kiss.
                        • Asphyx
                          • (1) Taint (Cost is 1 Vitae per object or square foot of space corrupted. Mortals that handle corrupted objects risk being poisoned (by the “Moderate” Poison Tilt) and resist using Dexterity + Resolve. Use Stamina + Resolve instead if the mortal has been injured by a weapon affected by the Taint power. Supernatural creatures add their Advantage traits to these resistance rolls.
                          • (2) The Cough (The cost is 1 Vitae. The Vampire can affect a target with the “Moderate” Poison Tilt by touch.)
                          • (3) Burning Touch (The cost is 1 Vitae. The Vampire can affect a target with the “Grave” Poison Tilt by touch.)
                          • (4) Breath of Death (The cost is 2 Vitae. The Vampire can breathe out a 5’ x 5’ x 10’ cloud of poison gas (see Ancient Bloodlines p. 26 for table of duration and modifiers). Anyone who comes in contact with the cloud must roll Stamina + Resolve to avoid being affected by the “Grave” Poison Tilt.)
                          • (5) Choking Cloud (The cost is 2 Vitae. The Vampire exudes a cloud of poisonous mist with a 15’ radius, anyone coming into contact with it must roll Stamina + Resolve to avoid being affected by the “Grave” Poison Tilt.)
                        • Devotions
                          • Lethal Mist (Asphyx (5), Protean (5)) (The cost is 5 Vitae. The Vampire turns himself into a 15’ x 15’ cloud of poisonous mist. Anyone coming into contact with him must roll Stamina + Resolve to avoid being affected by the “Grave” Poison Tilt.)

Sta-Au
                        • Sta-Au (Auspex, Obfuscate, Protean, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Gangrel Bane, Sta-Au do not begin play with a Touchstone and cannot benefit from the Touchstone Merit.
                        • Devotions
                          • Ghost Walk (Obfuscate (2), Protean (5)) (The cost is 4 Vitae; Numina can be purchased for 1 XP each, they can only be used while the Vampire is a Ghost, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.
                          • Specter Sight (Auspex (2), Obfuscate (2)) (The cost is 1 Vitae, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.
                          • Whisper of War (Protean (3), Resilience (2)) (The cost is 2 Vitae, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)

Shepherds
                        • Shepherds (Animalism, Obfuscate, Protean, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Gangrel Bane, Shepherds accumulate Blood Potency very slowly, gaining 1 dot every 100 years. They must pay 7 XP / dot to purchase new dots of Blood Potency and must accumulate double the successes when committing Diablerie.
                        • Devotions
                          • Circle the Wagons (Animalism (1), Protean (3), Resilience (4)) (The cost is 2 Vitae. When this Devotion is activated, everyone within a radius equal to the Vampire’s Resilience in yards may add her Resilience dots to their Defense. The effects of this Devotion last for the rest of the scene.)
                          • The Herd’s Measure (Animalism (2), Auspex (1), Obfuscate (2)) (The cost is 1 Vitae, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)

Amara Havana -- I've changed this Bloodline to be a Ghul Bloodline.
                        • Amara Havana (Celerity, Majesty, Protean, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Ghûl Bane, Amara Havana leave bloody handprints on anything they touch. The blood is illusory, it does not feel wet and does not transfer to new surfaces. The Amara Havana can spend 1 Willpower to cancel this effect for a scene.
                        • Sakti Pata – This Discipline may work better as a Coil of the Dragon (or Treasure of Buddha if you’re using the Sakadagami) as I’ve modeled it below.
                          • Mystery of Durga
                            • Coil of Durga
                              • Halahala (1) (The Vampire’s Vitae becomes highly toxic. Anyone consuming it must roll their Stamina + Resolve or be affected by the “Light” Toxin Tilt. The Vampire may coat a weapon with her blood, losing 1 Vitae in the process. The toxin remains on the weapon until the Vampire strikes an opponent with it or dawn comes.)
                              • Rudra’s Blessing (2) (The Vampire’s Blood Potency is considered to be 1 dot higher for the purposes of spending Vitae for healing effects for the rest of the scene.)
                              • Durga’s Kiss (3) (The Vampire can gain a number of Vitae equal to his Blood Potency when exposed to a rainstorm. This can also be done in other kinds of storms but the amount of Vitae gained will be lessened (see table in Ancient Bloodlines). The Vampire must bathe in the storm for the duration of the scene to benefit from this power.)
                              • Gift of Indra (4) (By spending a point of Willpower, the Vampire can fashion a simple melee weapon from his blood. The Vampire must inflict 1 Lethal wound to himself in order to draw the blood out and use an amount of Vitae equal to the weapon’s size, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                              • Yama’s Benefice (5) (By spending a point of Willpower, the Vampire can change himself into a pool of Blood. By sacrificing a point of Willpower the Vampire may use this ability to avoid Final Death. He must find a corpse and possess it as a new Body as described in Ancient Bloodlines. Note that the Vampire must sacrifice an additional dot of Willpower to take possession of a new body. Knowledge of Protean (4) is necessary to learn this Coil.)
                            • Scale of the Dragon
                              • Dance of Kali (The Vampire explodes violently when using Yama’s Beneficence injuring those around him as in Ancient Bloodlines.)

Canda Bhanu -- Like the Amara Havana, I've changed this Bloodline to be a Ghul Bloodline. This allows players to play up the "species" concept in B&S.
                        • Canda Bhanu (Animalism, Auspex, Majesty, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Ghûl Bane, other Vampires count Canda Bhanu as one step closer with regards to affecting them through Blood Ties. This effectively makes a Canda Bhanu a “Clan” member for all other Vampires, except Revenants.
                        • Devotions
                          • Eye of Shiva (Auspex (4), Majesty (2)) (The cost is 1 Vitae; Success afflicts the target with the Broken Condition.)
                          • Seek the Brahmin ((Animalism (1) or Majesty (1)), Auspex (2)) (There is no cost to use this Devotion the first time in a scene and costs 1 Vitae for each use thereafter, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)

Ghûls
                        • Ghûl (Celerity, Majesty, Vigor); Ghûls operate exactly like Kindred except that the consume dead flesh instead of blood. They are still subject to Vinculum. Ghûls cannot embrace, they arise spontaneously, much like Revenants Ghasts. Ghûls heal like mortals and cannot spend Vitae to heal wounds, although they still ignore wound penalties from anything except Aggravated damage and take damage as though they were Vampires (i.e., most sources will only cause Bashing damage to them).

Apollinaire
                        • Apollinaire (Animalism, Auspex, Dominate, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Ventrue Bane, Apollinaires are blinded in one eye. They suffer the effects of the Blind (One-Eye) Tilt at all times. This effect cannot be negated through healing effects. Apollinaire must purchase the Unseen Sense (Ghosts) Merit at character creation; this is an exception to the rule that Vampire’s cannot purchase supernatural merits.
                        • Carrefour – Like several other Disciplines, this one probably works better as a series of Theban Sorcery Rituals, which I’ve modeled below.
                          • Govi Trap (Theban Sorcery (1)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a small clay bottle, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Skeleton Key (Theban Sorcery (2)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a brass skeleton key, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Vévé Passageway (Theban Sorcery (3)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a piece of chalk, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines. The chalk must be used to draw a doorway during the ritual.)
                          • Shift Threshold (Theban Sorcery (4)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice a brass skeleton key, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Open Bayé (Theban Sorcery (5)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of an antique object, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                        • Kindred Vodoun – This can simply be merged directly into Theban Sorcery, rendering it a Vodoun flavor of Theban Sorcery.
                          • Death Echo (Theban Sorcery (1)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a crow’s head, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Kalfou’s Misfortune (Theban Sorcery (1)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of an ounce of raw meat, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Spiritual Intermediary (Theban Sorcery (1)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of at least an ounce of tobacco, which is burnt during the ritual, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Ghede’s Touch (Theban Sorcery (2)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of chicken’s blood, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Kalfou’s Oath (Theban Sorcery (2)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a mixture of blood, simple sugar, and tea, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Universal Translator (Theban Sorcery (2)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of at least a liter of fresh black coffee, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Create Zombi (Theban Sorcery (3)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of an entire chicken, which is ritually slaughtered over the corpse, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Ill Omen (Theban Sorcery (3)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of at least a pound of raw meat, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Legba’s Curse (Theban Sorcery (3)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a pound of roasted corn, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Curse Object (Theban Sorcery (4)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of incense, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Leech Understanding (Theban Sorcery (4)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of five pounds of roasted peanuts, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Return to Dust (Theban Sorcery (4)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a ruby of at least 2 carats, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Cheat Death (Theban Sorcery (5)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a lamb, which is ritually sacrificed, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Create Gris-Gris (Theban Sorcery (5)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of two chikens, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Vodoun Doll (Theban Sorcery (5)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of incense and tobacco, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)

Les Gens Libres
                        • Les Gens Libres (Animalism, Celerity, Obfuscate, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Gangrel Bane, the blood of members of Les Gens Libres cannot be used to form Blood Bonds.
                        • Devotions
                          • Break Vinculum (Auspex (1), Resilience (3)) (The cost is 1 Vitae, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Liberated Mind (Auspex (1), Obfuscate (3)) (The cost is 1 Vitae, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Telepathic Network (Auspex (4), Obfuscate (3)) (The cost is 2 Vitae per Vampire in the network, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)

Geheim
                        • Geheim (Animalism, Auspex, Dominate, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Ventrue Bane, Geheim count each point of Vitae consumed as two for the purposes of Vitae Addiction.
                        • Blut Alchemie – While it was tempting to try and represent this Discipline using Blood Sorcery, I’ve opted to try modeling it as a Coil of the Dragon instead.
                          • Mystery of Blut Alchemie
                            • Coil of Blut Alchemie
                              • Sanguine Analysis (1) (As in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                              • Vitae Distillation (2) (As in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                              • Vitae Transmutation (3) (As in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                              • Internal Athenor (4) (By spending a point of Willpower the Vampire increase her effective Blood Potency for the remainder of the night, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                              • Bloody Bezoar (5) (As in Ancient Bloodlines.)

Septemi
                        • Septemi (Celerity, Majesty, Resilience, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Daeva Bane, Septemi suffer an additional -2 penalty when suffering the Tempted Condition.
                        • Abjuration – arguably this Discipline works much better as a series of Theban Sorcery rituals.
                          • Buttress the Soul (Theban Sorcery (1)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a sacred symbol, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • The Light of Truth (Theban Sorcery (2)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a lit candle. Resolve the ritual as an extended Contest of Wills, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Cleanse the Mind (Theban Sorcery (3)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of cup of water blessed by a living priest. Upon success, resolve one Condition or Tilt the target had gained due to the effects of Supernatual powers (e.g., the Mesmerized Condition).)
                          • Banish the Summoned Servitor (Theban Sorcery (4)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a holy symbol, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Break the Weave (Theban Sorcery (5)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of holy book, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)

Corajoso
                        • Corajoso (Animalism, Auspex, Dominate, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Ventrue Bane, Corajoso gain the Distracted Condition when in the presence of two or more Vampires.
                        • Linagem – I think this ability works better a series of Devotions based on Auspex or Dominate.
                          • Affinity for Blood (Auspex (4), Dominate (1) (The cost is 1 Vitae, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Binding Ties (Auspex (1), Resilience (2)) (The cost is 1 Vitae, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines)
                          • Blood Lies (Auspex (4), Dominate (4)) (The cost is 3 Vitae, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Distant Mastery ((Animalism (4) or Dominate (4)), Auspex (5)) (The cost is 4 Vitae, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines. Note that any costs to activate Animalism or Dominate must be paid separately.)
                          • Sanguine Secrets (Auspex (2)) (The first use of this ability in a scene is free. Subsequent uses cost 1 Vitae each, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)

Androanzi
                        • Androanzi (Nburu, Nightmare, Obfuscate, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Nosferatu Bane, Androanzi inflict an additional point of Lethal damage for each point of Vitae taken from a vessel.
                        • Nburu – Replacing Hungry Swarms (which is obsolete due to changes in Animalism) with Dark Spirit of the Forest and adding a new level 5 power.
                          • (1) Silent Passage (There is no cost, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • (2) Defiled Presence (As in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • (3) Synthesis (As in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • (4) Dark Spirit of the Forest (The cost is 2 Vitae, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • (5) Fortress of Leaves (The cost is 3-9 Vitae. The Vampire can cause a bramble hedge to spring forth from the ground where he sheds his blood. The Vampire needs to walk along the exact ground the hedge is to spring from, shedding her blood onto the ground. This hedge can be used to wall off an area; three Vitae is enough to wall off an area the size of a garden, six can create a barricade around an area the size of a city block, and nine can create a barrier around a castle. The hedge is full of thorns and causes 1 Bashing damage each turn for anyone trying to climb over or push through it. Any arbitrary five foot section of the wall is Structure 5 and Durability 3. The Bramble Wall does not present a barricade to Vampire’s using Synthesis or Dark Spirit of the Forest. The Vampire who created the Bramble Wall will be aware of any supernatural effects affecting it, including uses of Synthesis and Dark Spirit of the Forest. Likewise the Vampire is aware when the wall is damaged.)

Awsang
                        • Awsang (Celerity, Protean, Vigor); Awsang do not sleep during the day and sunlight is not a bane that causes injury to them, although they are unable to use Disciplines so long as the sun is up. They must spend 1 Vitae every 12 hours. Incense causes aggravated damage to Awsang in the same manner that sunlight causes aggravated damage to other Vampires.

Kinnaree – Taking the Kinnaree in a different direction much like the Amara Havana and Candu Bhana. In the Kinnaree’s case I’m building them as a Bloodline of the Awsang.
                        • Kinnaree (Auspex, Celerity, Majesty, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Awsang Bane, Kinnaree suffer the Guilty Condition in addition to any other condition they would normally suffer anytime they choose not to Ride the Wave when faced with Frenzy.
                        • Crúac
                          • Tapas, Rituals of Penance (Crúac (1)) (The cost of the ritual is 1 Vitae, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Gora Mukhi (Crúac (2)) (The cost of this ritual is 1 Vitae plus the sacrifice of 1 additional Vitae, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                        • Threnodies
                          • Asura Yuu Thi Kay (Auspex (2), Crúac (1)) (The cost of this power is 1 Vitae, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)

Mayarap – Also moving the Mayarap to be an Awsang Bloodline.
                        • Mayarap (Bhumisparsa, Celerity, Protean, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Awsang Bane, Mayarap cannot Ride the Wave of a Frenzy. They can only resist or succumb.
                        • Bhumisparsa – Modeling this Disicpline as a physical Discipline.
                          • Persistent: Add the Vampire’s dots in Bhumisparsa to her dice pool for resisting Frenzy.
                          • Active: By spending a point of Vitae the Vampire can:
                            • End the effects of the Insane, Insensate, or Stunned Tilts.
                            • Resolve the Bestial, Competitive, Confused, Distracted, Tempted, or Wanton Conditions.
                            • Ignore the effects of the Guilty Condition for the remainder of the scene.

Mystikoi
                        • Mystikoi (Animalism, Majesty, Protean, Resilience); Bane: In addition to the normal Gangrel Bane, Mystikoi cannot spend Willpower to resist Frenzy or any supernatural power that directly provokes Frenzy. They can still spend Willpower to Ride the Wave.
                        • Spiritus Sancti – arguably this Discipline is better represented by a series of Theban Sorcery miracles.
                          • Embracing the Invisible Other (Theban Sorcery (1)) (The cost of the miracle is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a small votive candle, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Eyes of the Inner Archon (Theban Sorcery (2)) (The cost of the miracle is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a copper coin, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Communion with the Higher Realms (Theban Sorcery (3)) (The cost of the miracle is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a communion wafer, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • In the Presence of the Holy Spirit (Theban Sorcery (4)) (The cost of the miracle is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a large votive candle, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Accepting the Mantle of the Divine (Theban Sorcery (5)) (The cost of the miracle is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a priest’s vestments, which the miracle worker must don, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)

Order of Sir Martin
                        • Order of Sir Martin (Nightmare, Obfuscate, Resilience, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Nosferatu Bane, members of the Order must roll Resolve + Stamina each time they feed or vomit up an amount of Vitae equal to the amount they just consumed or their Blood Potency, whichever is less. Vitae vomited up this way cannot be consumed again.
                        • Devotions
                          • The Rejected Malady (Resilience (2), Vigor (3)) (The cost is 2 Vitae, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Repulsive Mien (Nightmare (1), Obfuscate (1)) (There is no cost to use this Devotion. All who look upon the Vampire must roll Composure [+ Supernatural Advantage] or suffer the Shaken Condition.)

Iltani
                        • Iltani (Animalism, Auspex, Celerity, Obfuscate); Bane: In addition to the normal Mekhet Bane, whenever an Iltani suffers a dramatic failure while activating a Discipline, he must roll to resist Frenzy.
                        • Mérges Sorcery (Operates as Theban Sorcery.)
                          • Control Anger (Mérges Sorcery (1)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a small stone, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Venomous Bite (Mérges Sorcery (1)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a serpent’s fang, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Invoke Vice (Mérges Sorcery (2)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a gold coin. This ritual only works on mortals or supernatural creatures with a Vice, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Plant Venomous Bite (Mérges Sorcery (2)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a serpent’s head, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Antidote (Mérges Sorcery (3)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a vial of venom, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Venom Mastery (Mérges Sorcery (4)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a venomous snake, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • Master Rage (Mérges Sorcery (5)) (The cost is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a dagger or knife, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)

En
                        • En (Celerity, Dominate, Majesty, Vigor); Bane: In addition to the normal Daeva Bane, En do not benefit from the 10 rule on rolls involving Empathy, Persuasion, or Socialize.
                        • Investments -- this is best modeled as additional Investments a la Belial's Brood
                          • Alu (As in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                            • Addiction Immunity
                            • Transcend Amaranth
                            • Build Blood
                            • Blood of the En
                            • Loose Alu
                            • Reshape Soul
                        ​​

Usiri -- This particular bloodline is very problematic. They are completely, 100% redundant to the Alucinor. At risk of bringing in too many themes from V:tM, I’m jettisoning Hypnagogia altogether and replacing it with a number of Theban Sorcery rituals derived from the old Bardo Discipline.
                        • Usiri (Auspex, Dominate, Nightmare, Obfuscate); Bane: In addition to the normal Nosferatu Bane, Usiri must also spend 1 Willpower when awakening each night.
                        • Hypnagogia
                          • Restoration (Theban Sorcery (2)) (The cost of this miracle is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a small memento that is important to the Vampire’s Touchstone. This ritual resolves a Condition caused by a Detachment roll and may be used on other Vampires.)
                          • Banishing Sign of Thoth (Theban Sorcery (1)) (The cost of this miracle is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a clay or stone tablet upon which Thoth’s sigil has been inscribed. After a successful ritual, the Vampire gains +2 dice to all resistance rolls against other Blood Sorcery rituals (and other ritual magic) for the rest of the night.)
                          • Gift of Apis (Theban Sorcery (1)) (The cost of this miracle is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of the tip of a bull’s horn. If successful the Vampire consider’s her Blood Potency to be 2 lower when determining sources of Vitae to feed on.)
                          • Pillar of Osiris (Theban Sorcery (3)) (The cost of this miracle is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a grain flail and shepherd’s crook. If successful the Vampire may add the successes as additional dice to other Theban Sorcery dice pools for the remainder of the scene.
                          • Paradox (Theban Sorcery (5)) (The cost of this miracle is 1 Willpower and the sacrifice of a papyrus scroll. If successful, the Vampire may reflect the effects of one mind-affecting power back on the being causing it. The effect of the ritual ends after the power has been reflected or the dawn comes, whichever is first.)

Bak-Ra
                        • Bak-Ra (Auspex, Celerity, Majesty, Obfuscate); Bane: In addition to the normal Mekhet Bane, Bak-Ra must expend 2 Vitae to awaken each night.
                        • Devotions
                          • The Shadow’s Revelation (Auspex (3), Majesty (2)) (The cost is 2 Vitae, otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)
                          • The Glory of Ra (Auspex (5), Majesty (5)) (The cost is 3 Vitae and 1 Willpower; otherwise as in Ancient Bloodlines.)

Last edited by Jacob; 01-09-2014, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Wonderful, wonderful stuff!

You can find my own version of your inspired Mystery of the Ascetic/Hunger here, PenDragon.

Comment

I wrote up my own take on Vicissitude that uses similar rules to Blood Sorcery. Check it out.

Vicissitude
                            Vicissitude functions very similarly to the Blood Sorcery Disciplines such as Cruac and Theban Sorcery, with a few key differences. The most significant difference is that Vicissitude does not have any ritual factors other than Potency. It can only ever affect a single subject, who the shaper must be able to physically touch in order to mold his flesh, blood, and bone, and the duration is that of an aggrivated wound - one week for mortals, or until healed with 5 vitae and a full daysleep for vampires. While the mechanical effects of the modification may be "healed" like aggravated damage, a mortal will be left scarred by the alterations, and changes to her appearance may require surgery to fully reverse. Vicissitude also only has one “Theme”, and no rituals; it is always improvised, and always draws from the same "Theme". The shaper need only determine which level of Vicissitude is needed to perform the intended modification and if she wishes to add any additional potency. The target number of successes is always Theme Level + [Potency - 1] + 4. A shaper can always designate herself as the subject of a modification, and in fact, that is the most common way the Discipline is used.

Cost: 1 Vitae
                            Dice Pool: Intelligence + Medicine + Vicissitude – Stamina + Blood Potency
                            Action: Extended. The shaper may roll as many times as the unmodified dice pool. The base time per roll is half an hour, reduced to 15 minutes if the character has more dots in Vicissitude than the dot rating of the modification being attempted. A modification must be completed in one attempt. The user does not receive any bonus for attempting a modification having already failed with a near miss; modifications automatically fail if interrupted; and the shaper may not use Defense while performing a modification.

Roll Results
                            Dramatic Failure: The modification completely fails, and the Vitae spent to perform it is wasted. The subject takes a point of Aggravated damage for each success already accumulated on the extended action.
                            Failure: The shaper is having difficulty, and accumulates no successes. The player decides whether to abandon the modification entirely or continue. If the body-crafter continues, she gains the Stumbled Condition. If she stops, the subject takes a point of Lethal damage for each success already accumulated on the extended action.
                            Success: Successes are added to the total. If the target number of successes is met, the modification is completed.
                            Exceptional Success: The shaper makes great strides in achieving the modification. The player decides which of the following effects takes place in addition to accumulating successes.
                            • Reduce the target number of successes by her dots in Vicissitude.
                            • Reduce the time per roll to 15 minutes (or to 5 minutes if she has more dots in Vicissitude than the rating of the Modification).
                            • Apply the Inspired Condition if and when the modification succeeds. If the target number of successes is met, the modification is immediately completed.
                            Mold Visage •
                            At its most basic level, Vicissitude allows the shaper to alter a subject’s appearance. The shaper can change the subject’s skin, hair, or eye color, add or subtract a few inches of height or girth, broaden or slim his build, alter his facial features, or make similar cosmetic alterations. She can make a number of such changes equal to the modification's potency. This can be used to disguise the subject very effectively, since his actual appearance changes. If impersonating someone specific, the subject does still have to roll to imitate their voice and mannerisms, but any rolls the subject makes to do so gain a bonus equal to the shaper’s dots in Vicissitude.

Fleshcrafting ••
                            At this level, the modifications made with Vicissitude can extend beyond mere cosmetics, granting the subject mechanical bonuses or penalties. In general, consider the effect to be equivalent to a merit with a number of dots equal to the modification's potency. Some appropriate examples might be Striking Looks, Double Jointed, Small Framed, or Giant, but the user is not limited to effects covered by existing Merits. The comparison is merely meant to help estimate an appropriate target number of successes. Because the effects granted this way are not truly Merits, and are not purchased with experiences, they are not protected by the Sanctity of Merits rule.

Bonecrafting •••
                            This level of Vicissitude allows the shaper to rearrange the subject’s bones to create natural weapons and armor. Weapons created this way use Brawl to attack. At the base successes, this modification creates either a 0L weapon or a 1/0 armor with torso coverage. Creating both a weapon and armor requires two activations. Each additional level of potency can increase a weapon’s damage rating by one, add a point to either the general or ballistic rating of armor, or increase the armor’s coverage to another area. The subject only has so much bone, however, so the total damage rating and armor rating (including general and ballistic) cannot exceed the subject’s size. So, for example, a size 5 character could have a 0L weapon and 2/3 Armor or a 2L weapon and 2/1 armor, but not a 1L weapon and 3/2 armor.

Horrid Forming ••••
                            Improving her mastery of Vicissitude, the shaper can now completely re-arrange a subject’s muscle, sinew, and fat. This allows her move a number of the subject’s physical attribute dots equal to the modification's potency to other physical attributes. This can be used to increase attributes beyond the maximum normally allowed by the subject’s Blood Potency. The shaper cannot create something out of nothing, however, only to move around what’s already there.

Bloodforming •••••
                            The ultimate use of Vicissitude allows the shaper to liquefy part or all of the subject’s body, turning it into a pool of mobile, sentient Vitae. The shaper draws a number of Vitae from the subject equal to the ritual's potency, as the affected body part melts away. If all of the subject’s blood is removed in this way, his entire body is subsumed within the massive pool of blood. Otherwise, the shaper can decide what body parts are being used. With storyteller discretion, this may cause an appropriate Condition or Tilt, such as Arm Wrack or Disabled. The subject can re-grow the affected body part or parts by spending an amount of Vitae equal to the amount taken with this modification. If his entire body was used, he can change back any time he wishes, but if any blood was lost or destroyed, he takes lethal damage equal to the Vitae lost when he reforms his body.
                            The pool of Vitae itself is able to move on its own at the subject’s speed, and can slither up walls, across ceilings, and though any gap that is not watertight, and manipulate objects as though it had a Strength of 1. It has health equal to the amount of Vitae drawn to create it, and is immune to physical attacks, though it can be drank (with the normal associated risks of blood bond and Vitae addiction) and suffers damage from fire and sunlight as the subject would. The subject is connected to her blood and can see through it and control its actions.
                            Merits

Body Crafts (•)
                            Prerequisites: Vicissitude ·, specialty in Crafts
                            Effect: Your character has learned to apply the techniques she uses in her art when she crafts people’s bodies with Vicissitude. When using Vicissitude or its associated Devotions, she may roll Crafts (including any Specialties) in place of Medicine. Typically, this requires a specialty in a three dimensional medium such as clay, or a body art such as tattoos or piercings, but other art forms could theoretically be applicable. The storyteller is the final arbiter of whether or not a particular specialty is appropriate for use with Vicissitude.

Devotions

Mutilate (Vicissitude ••, •••, or •••••, Celerity •)
                            By utilizing the speed granted by her Celerity, a shaper with this Devotion can use her Vicissitude quickly enough to mar a victim’s body in combat, and leave it that way.
                            Cost: 1 Vitae
                            Dice Pool: Dexterity + Medicine + Vicissitude – Defense
                            Action: Instant
                            For each success on the roll, the victim either takes a point of Bashing damage (for the Vicissitude ·· version), takes a point of Lethal damage (for the Vicissitude ··· version), or loses a point of Vitae (for the Vicissitude ····· version).
                            This Devotion costs 1, 2, or 3 experiences to learn, depending on the version.
                            Last edited by Charlaquin; 01-10-2014, 03:46 AM.

Comment

I really like that take on Vicissitude, nicely done. My only struggle with that format of it has ever been how to adjudicate some of the exact mechanical effects of Vicissitude, which I think you did really nicely. Making it a Sorcery Discipline also is a nice touch. Bravo!

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                                I really like that take on Vicissitude, nicely done. My only struggle with that format of it has ever been how to adjudicate some of the exact mechanical effects of Vicissitude, which I think you did really nicely. Making it a Sorcery Discipline also is a nice touch. Bravo!
                                Thanks! That had always been exactly my problem with Vicissitude as well, and I was inspired by MachineIV's Body Crafts writeup in the Bloodline Disciplines conversion thread. I really liked the idea of a single extended roll with clearly defined modifications that determined the target number of successes. My only issues were that I couldn't follow how he was calculating the modifiers and target successes, which made it difficult to improvise new effects, the fact that it was a series of Devotions instead of a single Discipline, and the fact that old Vicissitude could do a few things his version couldn't. So as I was trying to mess around with his version to modify it for my purposes, I realized that "a single extended roll with clearly defined modifications that determined the target number of successes" was pretty much exactly how Blood Sorcery worked, and creating a single Vicissitude Theme pretty much solved all of the issues I had with his version in one fell swoop. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, which is impressive given how much of a problem I've had with Vicissitude in the past. So I really want to give a serious special thanks to MachineIV for posting his Body Crafts writeup, it was a huge inspiration and a big help in solidifying my ongoing Masquerade conversion project!

Comment

Working...
                                X