Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vampyr - It's like VtM Bloodlines game for Requiem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's got to be better than DARK.

Ortam + Malkavia makes a Requiem fun.
    Posts in this colour are Persuasion.
    Posts in this colour are Seduction.
    Posts in this colour are Intimidation.

Comment

Originally posted by solomon birch View Post
      Well, it's got to be better than DARK.
      Not precisely a difficult task.

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by MCN View Post
        The problem isn't "restricted choices," its shallow binary choices. Seriously, when one of your two presented options seems to be constantly "murder," then its not really a good choice. I'm not asking for infinite options here. Just something more than "kill" or "ignore."

The fact that this is a video game doesn't excuse poor choices in the story. It could be well done, and there are games that do choices well. I'm leery, however, because of the constant references of "torn between healing and killing."

This is the same studio who did the amazing Life is Strange, which did a very good job of making choices not just good/bad or paragon/renegade. So I'm optimistic here.

(BTW, Life is Strange is a great example of a blue book game from the less-bloody end of the spectrum.)
        Last edited by Rose Bailey; 07-11-2016, 09:55 PM.

Cavaliers of Mars Creator

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post

This is the same studio who did the amazing Life is Strange, which did a very good job of making choices not just good/bad or paragon/renegade. So I'm optimistic here.

(BTW, Life is Strange is a great example of a blue book game from the less-bloody end of the spectrum.)
          Someone on this forum once said that Life is strange is a perfect example of an Acanthus mystery play. So this game will probably fit as well with Requiem as well as life is strange fit with Awakening

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Necro for a new story trailer for the game Am I the only one that thinks the bearers of the lance bit is proof that this game was inspired by Requiem?

Originally posted by Haberdasher View Post
            The shadow manipulation in the game screams Khaibit to me. I expect to see a proliferation of doctors-turned-Khaibit after this game comes out.
            Yeah, so he is definitely a Khabit with some relationship with the Lancea et Sanctum.
            Last edited by The young man in the cafe; 04-06-2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Based on what I've heard from the developers, this game actually seems to have more in common with the Masquerade than with the Requiem. For starters, like in the Masquerade, there are 3 vampire factions in Vampyr, and they seem to roughly resemble the 3 factions from the Masquerade; the Camarilla, the Anarchs and the Sabbath.

The game also seems pretty action oriented, of course with roleplay as well, but still, the action seems to be at the forefront, similar to the Masquerade, similar to Bloodlines.

Not to mention the whole scenario with the Spanish flu outbreak kinda reminds me of one of the potential Gehenna scenarios described in the Gehenna book from VTM.

Comment

Yeah I am pre-ordering it on steam

Comment

I think I'm gonna wait a bit for it to drop in price first, but I'm definitely highly intrigued. Not that I don't already have more than enough games to fill my time...

Comment

This forum's very own Crowley is doing a let's play of this game.

Comment

Bought the game and I quite enjoyed it. Already played through on an evil run and am now trying for pacifist.

The final boss involves a pretty substantial difficulty spike during their battle. I was forced to go back and wipe out the last 2 surviving districts of the city and earn enough XP to bump me up to level 49 (the max is 50) before I was finally able to defeat them. And even then, it was a challenge!

I've seen a lot of people on steam complaining about this game and how disappointed they were by it. But I found it entertaining, if somewhat grind heavy towards the end of the game. If I had any major complaints it would have to be the lack of a fast travel system, forcing you to walk or run everywhere on foot. And the fact that shop owners seem to have a random selection of loot between nights, with money being hard to farm with any degree of expediency.

Not sure what clan in Requiem that Jonathan might belong to, but his profession as a doctor, scientific viewpoint and the overall plot of the game involving trying to cure a blood born epidemic all suggests that his covenant would be the Ordo Dracul.
                      Last edited by Nyrufa; 06-08-2018, 12:38 AM.

Comment

I have huge troubles with the game. especially the big distinction between "Fancy NPCs who talk with you" and "Mook hunters who know you're a vampire on sight". At first I thought in my head "i'm gonna imagine that all hunters have a power which allows them that", but then you meet a Fancy NPC Vampire Hunter who will talk with you and is gonna be clueless that hole thing shattered.
                        Similarly, their attempts to play at human life being valuable, and then providing you mobs of Mooks to murder with no other recourse is... immersion breaking, to say the least.

My Bloodline conversions
                        My House rules

Comment

Originally posted by Griautis View Post
                          I have huge troubles with the game. especially the big distinction between "Fancy NPCs who talk with you" and "Mook hunters who know you're a vampire on sight". At first I thought in my head "i'm gonna imagine that all hunters have a power which allows them that", but then you meet a Fancy NPC Vampire Hunter who will talk with you and is gonna be clueless that hole thing shattered.
                          Similarly, their attempts to play at human life being valuable, and then providing you mobs of Mooks to murder with no other recourse is... immersion breaking, to say the least.

Which fancy hunters are you referring to? The only one that comes to mind is Marshall and I'm pretty sure he immediately recognizes you as a vampire when you first meet.

Also, the randos that appear in the street don't recognize you from a distance. It's only when you get close enough that they'll call you out.

I'm guessing its because normal humans aren't supposed to have blood red eyes with bright green irises (which changes to black eyes with red irises as you go the evil route).

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

Which fancy hunters are you referring to? The only one that comes to mind is Marshall and I'm pretty sure he immediately recognizes you as a vampire when you first meet.

Also, the randos that appear in the street don't recognize you from a distance. It's only when you get close enough that they'll call you out.

I'm guessing its because normal humans aren't supposed to have blood red eyes with bright green irises (which changes to black eyes with red irises as you go the evil route).

There is a vampire hunter who doesn't recognize you and talks with you can't remember his name...

As for the getting close - I know, but you litteraly cannot avoid them anyways. And for some reason, the Fancy NPCs don't recognize you even when you walk to their face and talk with them, and those guys recognize you on sight? Bleh.

And to further divide the Fancy NPCs with Random Mooks, Fancy ones give you huge XP bonuses for killing them - random mooks however are not people. They're just speed bumps as you're running from point A to B, as they give you no xp, have no personality, and whatever.

My Bloodline conversions
                            My House rules

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

There is a vampire hunter who doesn't recognize you and talks with you can't remember his name...

As for the getting close - I know, but you litteraly cannot avoid them anyways. And for some reason, the Fancy NPCs don't recognize you even when you walk to their face and talk with them, and those guys recognize you on sight? Bleh.

And to further divide the Fancy NPCs with Random Mooks, Fancy ones give you huge XP bonuses for killing them - random mooks however are not people. They're just speed bumps as you're running from point A to B, as they give you no xp, have no personality, and whatever.

My Bloodline conversions
                              My House rules

Comment

Originally posted by Griautis View Post

As for the getting close - I know, but you litteraly cannot avoid them anyways.

Shadow Veil power, it's used for stealth runs.

Just remember to use it wisely, as it's got a pretty annoying cool down timer.

But, if you're really having that much difficulty with a pacifist run, there is an easy way to solve all your problems.

At the level up screen, bring up any of the power trees as if you were about to spend experience on them. Then hold down either the O or P keys. You get free experience!
                                Last edited by Nyrufa; 06-08-2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X