Covenant conversion - Harbingers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covenant conversion - Harbingers

So I'm slowly planning a new Requiem chronicle and having recently read Danse Macabre I felt like using a few of the new covenants rather than the core 5. I'm planning to use the Harbingers, the Sun-Walking Knights and the Nemites.

Converting them to 2nd edition is pretty easy on the most part - it's mostly fluff. As far as special powers go, well, it seemed easy at first.

Sun-Walking Knights have access to Oaths, and I might create a few special merits to represent the hierarchy and the three pillars of their society
    Nemites have Cruac. Problem solved.
    Harbingers I'm.... confused. Should I turn Thaumaturgy into a Coil and make it their unique power? Merits? A Covenant-specific Discipline? A serie of Devotions?

Is anyone willing to tackle the task of converting Thaumaturgy wth me?

Glorious Useless-Post Prana
    Cost: 2m; Mins: Linguistics 1, Essence 1 Type: Simple
    Keywords: Mute
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: Ten-Characters Methodology

Have you done anything with this?
    I haven't converted Thaumaturgy or done any system work, but conceptually I've revamped them into the Deathwatcher Covenant (or "Thanatogregori"). They study death in all its aspects and forms. Some look at mortal death, some at the ghostly echoes of death, and some at the metaphysical thickening of the vitae that the Harbingers dealt with. So, it could be a multi-path blood sorcery. Thus far, the players are staying away from these creepy folks so there's been no urgency about codifying rules.But I would like to have something worked up eventually.

Comment

I've given some thought to doing 2e conversions for the covenants in DM, my version of The Sun Walking Knights oath lowered the humanity threshold for clan weaknesses by your Blood Potency (I'm undecided on whether or not to also have it raise your humanity by half your BP rounded down for dealing with banes) and stops you creating Vindiculims until your clan bane activates (at which point all effects end and you go back to normal). I wanted something that left a little justification for mistrust.
      For the Harbingers I would make a Mystery Cult that gives 1 dot, a speciality in Occult relating to death in some way. 2 dots don't know, maybe a contact amongst the dead? 3 dots Unseen Senses (death energies) or Automatic Writing. 4 dots probably Medium or a ghost retainer who doubles the amount of time it takes for your Blood Potency to increases I had another idea but I can't remember it. 5 dots you can transfer a point of Blood Potency to a Torpored Kindred or Reverent (uplifting the Reverent).
      Clearly a work in progress but what do you think?

Comment

While I like the idea in itself, Live Bait, I still prefer a larger-scale set up, with a number of rites. Borrow a bit from the Stygians, the Harbingers, and a few other sources.

Comment

Glad to see my Bloodline being linked here. But as a Covenant I'd recommend changing the devotions to rituals. Either Crúac or Theban Sorcery, depending on which direction you want to take them, and how common Theban Sorcery is outside of the Lancea et Sanctum in your setting.

Bloodline: The Stygians
          Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
          Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
            Glad to see my Bloodline being linked here. But as a Covenant I'd recommend changing the devotions to rituals. Either Crúac or Theban Sorcery, depending on which direction you want to take them, and how common Theban Sorcery is outside of the Lancea et Sanctum in your setting.
            I agree, and I have no problems with types of sorcery beyond Theban and Cruac.

Comment

Working...
            X