Weird Experiment: Changeling Meets Requiem, The Admonitoria

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Experiment: Changeling Meets Requiem, The Admonitoria

So, I wanted to send a thank you letter to a friend and fan, Peter Mars. He did me a solid, and I wanted to say thanks. But, then I realized it'd be more fun if instead of just writing some thank you, I did some experimental game content and made it sort of a public, community thank you. So we briefly talked, and a little about the intersection of Vampire and Changeling. I wanted to play around with the idea some. So, here's a little experiment. I had to keep the word count low lest I spend forever working on it. But, it's a basically playable experiment. Basically, the idea is, "What if the embrace is a changeling's method of escape? Is that her Seeming?"

And it's pretty barebones. People are welcome to and encouraged to build on it if they want.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2K...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by MachineIV; 11-01-2016, 12:14 AM.

David A Hill Jr
    Freelance Writer
    Independent Game Designer

I love this kind of experimental strangeness. It's the kind of thing that really pushes that 'no neat little boxes' element of the Chronicles of Darkness. Thanks for sharing it with us, David!

Revlid wrote:
    Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

My freehold has a court where a third of the members were Vampires so this will fit in brilliantly. I especially like how you blended them without it just seeming like Vampire with Changeling on top or Changeling with Vampire on top, instead seeming like a broken mix of the two (their mask seems especially cruel). The fact that the beast is the one actually making bargains will be rather interesting to explore in my games.

One question though. When a trigger occurs, what happens on a success?

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
        One question though. When a trigger occurs, what happens on a success?
        Oh gosh. I forgot that, didn't I?

Success lets you keep your Balance, but you gain a Condition you have to cope with. Just a little thing like Guilty or Shaken.

Exceptional Success gives you a positive Condition and I'd say probably gives you a dot of Balance.

David A Hill Jr
        Freelance Writer

Comment

This is quite cool.

No comment on mechanics yet, but I love the fiction behind it.

Comment

Oh man. This is awesome. This is how you do template mixing! This gives me so many ideas.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Wow. You've managed to take something that instills the most profound knee-jerk kill on sight response possible ("I'm a fairy and a vampire!" either screams of really, really wanting attention or being a heinous power-gamer) and make it instead a valid and rich concept that adds to both games it draws from. Would it be alright to attempt similar mergers between other gamelines, or would that be stepping on your toes too much?

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

I see that Advanced and Legendary Merits from B:tP are in (I suppose Epic Merits are now called Legendary Merits?) Those give me so much ideas for Bloodline customization.

Oh, and it's mien, not mein, right? Don't want to sound edgy and I used to be sure that it's supposed to be mien and will be corrected later, but I keep seeing those two mixed up and now I'm not sure what's the intended vocab...

EDIT: And dang, I realize that this also works as a fantastic translation of the Kiasyd from VtM.
                Last edited by 21C Hermit; 11-01-2016, 02:31 AM.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
                  I see that Advanced and Legendary Merits from B:tP are in (I suppose Epic Merits are now called Legendary Merits?) Those give me so much ideas for Bloodline customization.

Oh, and it's mien, not mein, right? Don't want to sound edgy and I used to be sure that it's supposed to be mien and will be corrected later, but I keep seeing those two mixed up and now I'm not sure what's the intended vocab...

EDIT: And dang, I realize that this also works as a fantastic translation of the Kiasyd from VtM.
                  I'm calling them Legendary there because it sounded better at the time, and it's a first draft. (Realistically, I'd probably make it Epic in final draft form if I were doing that.)

And yeah, the spelling should be Mien.

But Kiasyd were definitely on my mind when I was thinking of this. They're not a perfect port, but that'd be weird if they were. It's definitely a spiritual successor to the idea.

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                  Wow. You've managed to take something that instills the most profound knee-jerk kill on sight response possible ("I'm a fairy and a vampire!" either screams of really, really wanting attention or being a heinous power-gamer) and make it instead a valid and rich concept that adds to both games it draws from. Would it be alright to attempt similar mergers between other gamelines, or would that be stepping on your toes too much?
                  Please. Go right ahead.

David A Hill Jr
                  Freelance Writer

Comment

So cool. And I'm always happy to see more Advanced Merits!

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
                    Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                      .Would it be alright to attempt similar mergers between other gamelines, or would that be stepping on your toes too much?
                      This is pretty much what I was attempting to express with "this gives me so many ideas." Thank you for asking, and thank you, David, for approving.

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
                      And dang, I realize that this also works as a fantastic translation of the Kiasyd from VtM.
                      I was thinking about Kiasyd when reading this too. This is like... A much cooler take on a similar concept, and would almost certainly end up going into masquiem if I ever ran it.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                        This is pretty much what I was attempting to express with "this gives me so many ideas." Thank you for asking, and thank you, David, for approving.
                        I'm mostly trying to think of how to work some weirdness involving Demon soul pacts into another line, or what a Kindred Sadikh looks like.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

You opened a flood gate here David. Mixing two templates has been a no no for chronicles of darkness.
                          And I love you all the more for it.
                          This is truly fantastic, so many possibility are now available.
                          Thanks for being awesome David A Hill Jr.

Comment

How would the discipline spread look at creation, given they have no in-clans? Would it be that they can spend 2 dots in the basic disciplines (animalism, obfuscate, celerity, vigor and resilience) and a third as they like, or all 3 have to be spent in those, or no starting disciplines at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Fumus View Post
                              How would the discipline spread look at creation, given they have no in-clans? Would it be that they can spend 2 dots in the basic disciplines (animalism, obfuscate, celerity, vigor and resilience) and a third as they like, or all 3 have to be spent in those, or no starting disciplines at all?
                              3 of any from the list would be fine.

David A Hill Jr
                              Freelance Writer

Comment

Working...
                              X