[2E] Mots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Mots

Mots are specially Germanic and Scandinavian groups from Blasphemies book. In 1E they were special local variants of Lodges, but I’m wonder if they should still be in 2E? Even then, how could they work in 2E Werewolf?
    Examples from Blasphemies are:
    • Valkyries – Sisterhood of Uratha that send their most greatest of warriors to Vallhalla. I’m thinking maybe of ‘great warrior’ or simply ‘died in battle’ as Sacred Prey of Lodge here.
    • Eiwaz – Racist group saying that being werewolf makes you greater than any mortal. I’m thinking about making them Pure Lodge splint off from Get of Fenris, for Ivory Claws and Predator Kings. Even then, I have no idea on the Sacred Prey of them.

MtAw 2E - My Legacies Updates and System Hacks Hubs
    MtAw - Children of the Stars - aliens loving Legacy
    MtAw 2E - Illusionists of Truth - illusionists and magicians Legacy

They're just lodges linked thematically. And with culture or tradition. The Pillars are effectively mots of the tribes.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
      Mots are specially Germanic and Scandinavian groups from Blasphemies book. In 1E they were special local variants of Lodges, but I’m wonder if they should still be in 2E? Even then, how could they work in 2E Werewolf?
      • Valkyries – Sisterhood of Uratha that send their most greatest of warriors to Vallhalla. I’m thinking maybe of ‘great warrior’ or simply ‘died in battle’ as Sacred Prey of Lodge here.
      • Eiwaz – Racist group saying that being werewolf makes you greater than any mortal. I’m thinking about making them Pure Lodge splint off from Get of Fenris, for Ivory Claws and Predator Kings. Even then, I have no idea on the Sacred Prey of them.
      Valkyrja Mot sounds like they'd work as a split-off from the Lodge of Arms, methinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Seidmadr View Post
        Valkyrja Mot sounds like they'd work as a split-off from the Lodge of Arms, methinks.
        Hmm, are Lodge of Arms 2E described in The Pack? Even if, it would sound as Mots could work as schisms from normal Lodge, yes?

Comment

Make them Uratha violence groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
            Make them Uratha violence groups.
            Violance Groups are just mechanics for running Factions in the game. It could easily run both Pack or any Lodge by those rules - it still does not change a thing that in Werewolf, diffrenace between Pack and Lodge are important.

Comment

The difference between packs and lodges are only scale.

Comment

... and mechanics.

Comment

@wyrdhamster: I don't have Blesphemies book in front of me, but since they were Lodges in 1e I don't see any reason to change that. I'd go with Lodges mechanic for them by the rule of thumb. If I have some free time later I'll take a look at them in Blesphemies and try to convert them to 2e mechanics.

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                    ... and mechanics.
                    And implications of Pack - Lodge - Tribe hierarchy and goals... But yes, technically, at least two first of those groups can be run by Hurt Locker's mechanics of Violence Groups.
                    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 12-29-2016, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Incorrect.

Aims to write stuff you like.
                      WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams
                      CofD | Werewolf the Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide
                      The Trinity Continuum | Æon

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

Incorrect.
                        You're telling me a pack numbering 50 Uratha across a region with a gigantic totem hasn't become a regional lodge for all intents and purposes? I don't want to be right then.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                          ​In regards to the Eiwaz one ideas is to set "impure breed" as their sacred prey. These could be magath spirits if you want to make them not seem totally evil and stupid, or people of mixed race if you want to run them as total assholes and scum. Or both if you want them to be a very dark grey.

Comment

You're telling me a pack numbering 50 Uratha across a region with a gigantic totem hasn't become a regional lodge for all intents and purposes? I don't want to be right then.
                            It might be a lodge. Can the totem tell the rough location of all members? Can members mystically identify each other through instinct? Do members gain a esoteric/strange blessing that specifically cannot be like Pack benefits because packs are more of a personal bond than lodges? Do all members of the lodge gain a special aspiration? Do they have a benefit they can take in the sacred hunt as if it was a tribe?

With those numbers, it sounds like it'd be very hard for it to remain a pack rather than turning into a lodge, but it theoretically could be possible.
                            Last edited by milo v3; 12-30-2016, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Looks like mots can be a local catch-all term for any werewolf organization bigger than a typical pack - regional lodges, protectorates, expanded packs and such. There's no reason everyone at everywhere should have precisely divided words for each minute difference within a similar concept. Context would help in differentiating between different usages.

Comment

Working...
                              X