Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2ed] Werewolf antagonist sheets

Hi all,

I'm ruling a vampire chronicle and I'd need 3 werewolf antagonist now. I have the core book but I'm not so expert on werewolf so I thought to ask you for some example sheet.
    I don't have particular needing about them; maybe one more focused in combat one in the hunting and finding prey (vampire for example) and the third is free.

If you have already some ready sheet it would be great but I need also a little explanation about how they work. For example, how the hunter could track a vampire etc.

The experience level should be around 15 px, 20 for the pack leader maybe (one of the three).

Thanks for the help

How mechanically optimized do you want these characters to be at their roles? Like, hardcore min-maxed at doing one job really well, well-rounded with a slight emphasis in a particular field, or somewhere in-between?

EDIT: Oh, and how specilized do you want them to be at hunting vampires? LIke, a pack of dedicated vampire hunters, average werewolf pack with no specific anti-vamp investment, or a middle ground between those options?
    Last edited by Charlaquin; 12-01-2016, 05:45 PM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Also, I'm guessing you're not allowing for totems to fight?

As I was building them they became a Temple of Apollo pack, is that a problem? I'll get rid of the perp.
      Last edited by nofather; 12-01-2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
        Also, I'm guessing you're not allowing for totems to fight?

As I was building them they became a Temple of Apollo pack, is that a problem? I'll get rid of the perp.
        I don't know how the totems work but it could be a good moment to learn it a bit. So if you can provide me some example explaining how totem should work and when I really appreciate it

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
        How mechanically optimized do you want these characters to be at their roles? Like, hardcore min-maxed at doing one job really well, well-rounded with a slight emphasis in a particular field, or somewhere in-between?

EDIT: Oh, and how specilized do you want them to be at hunting vampires? LIke, a pack of dedicated vampire hunters, average werewolf pack with no specific anti-vamp investment, or a middle ground between those options?
        Well rounded with a slight emphasis would be good but I'm opened to any suggestion. They should be a kind of mercenaries.
        They shouldn't be dedicated in vampire hunter so not too much specialized in vampire.

Comment

I'm sorry if I press you. But I'd need some tips about this topic for the game I'm going to run this evening. Could someone give me a list or some example about gifts then I'll search for them on the book?
          Thanks

Comment

Sorry it took so long. Just as a generality, I'd suggest your 'combat' guy have Strength and perhaps Rage or Dominance Gifts, your Hunter have Stealth and Evasion. Other interesting ones, perhaps for the third party member, would be Nature or Technology, depending on what's more proliferate in your game, and probably Knowledge or Insight.

Here's the first of the characters I've made, I wanted to write-up the others for better forum posting so it might take a bit.

Jackboot
            Auspice: Rahu
            Tribe: Storm Lords
            Attributes: Intelligence 2, Wits 2, Resolve 2, Strength 3 (4/6/5/3), Dexterity 2 (2/3/4/4), Stamina 3 (4/5/5/4), Presence 3, Manipulation 2 (1/2/1/1), Composure 2
            Skills: Crafts (Explosives) 1, Medicine 1, Politics 1, Science 1, Athletics (Exceptional Success on 3 Successes in Dalu form) 3, Brawl 2, Firearms (Mass Combat, 9-Again) 4, Survival (9-Again) 2, Intimidation 3, Persuasion 2, Socialize 2, Streetwise (Gun Dealers) 1
            Merits: Contacts (Veterans, Preppers, US Army) 3, Danger Sense, Favored Form (Dalu) 2, Fortified Form (Dalu) 3, Professional Training (Soldier) 2
            Primal Urge: 3
            Willpower: 4
            Harmony: 5
            Essence: 12/3
            Health: 8 (10/12/11/8)
            Initiative: 4 (4/5/6/6)
            Defense: 5 (1/0 armor in Dalu)
            Speed: 10 (11/14/17/15)
            Renown: Purity 1, Glory 2, Honor 2
            Gifts: Full Moon Gift 1, (Dominance) Lay Low The Challenger, (Strength) Predator's Unmached Pursuit, Primal Strength, (Pack) Down The Prey
            Rite: Sacred Hunt

Jackboot, just a name I've been using on him, call him whatever, was a very good soldier in the US Army, and on a list to be recruited for Task Force Valkyrie before he was blinded and deafened by an IED. After years of rehabilitation he was able to live a normal life, but the First Change occurred and he didn't really need to. Regaining his senses, he viewed the change as a second chance and has really gone gung-ho for the werewolf life. Not necessarily the leader of the pack, he often takes control when it comes to combating menaces, barking orders in Dalu while taking shots with his fetish heavy pistol. He's got more than a little of the hero in him, and has often broken from opponents he's fighting to shoot at an enemy attacking a packmate.

The pistol is inhabited by an ancient death spirit that resurfaced after hundreds of years of dormancy. Timeless Sightless allows Jackboot to use the Down The Prey Gift on targets he fires on, by spending a point of Essence. People shot who survive remark upon being struck by a sudden silence, within which remains only the slow beating of a drum.

Sparrow or Bear

Auspice: Elodoth
            Tribe: Iron Masters
            Attributes: Intelligence 3, Wits 4, Resolve 2, Strength 2 (3/5/4/2), Dexterity 2 (2/3/4/4), Stamina 2 (3/4/4/3), Presence 2, Manipulation 3 (2/3/3/2), Composure 3
            Skills: Academics 1, Computer 1, Investigation (Research) 2, Politics 3, Brawl 1, Firearms 1, Larceny 1, Stealth 1, Empathy (What People Want) 4, Expression 2, Intimidation 1, Persuasion (Solving Disputes) 2, Socialize 2, Subterfuge 1
            Merits: Allies (Law Enforcement) 2, Allies (Local Government) 1, Contacts (Lawyers) 1, Resources 2, Safe House 3, Status (Local Government) 1, Impartial Mediator, Sounds of the City, Pack Dynamics 3
            Primal Urge: 2
            Willpower: 5
            Harmony: 7
            Essence: 11/2
            Health: 7 (9/11/10/7)
            Initiative: 5 (5/6/7/7)
            Defense: 2 (2/3/4/4)
            Speed: 9 (10/13/16/14)
            Renown: Honor 2, Wisdom 1, Cunning 1
            Gifts: Half Moon's Gift 2, (Knowledge) Know Thy Prey, Lore of the Land, Sift the Sands, (Warding) Boundary Ward, (Pack) Reflected Facets, Pack Awareness
            Rites: Harness the Cycle, Hunting Ground

I was imagining this one as an assistant district attorney whose First Change really took her by surprise, and was found by Jackboot when he was looking for a packmate around town. A hard-ass when it comes to her job, she's more timid about it when it comes to the hunt. Although Jackboot's trained her a bit in firearms and fighting, she tends to rely on urshul or urhan when it comes to combat, and quickly shifts into gauru if she's scared enough. She's become surprisingly adept at using her professional training to mediate conflicts with spirits and other packs. She keeps an eye open for news of things that might be worth hunting during her job, and maintains strong ties to her human life and connections there. It's how she found the third member of the pack, having dealt with them in court many times.

Obviously any of this stuff can change depending on your games needs.

Sunchild
            Auspice: Cahalith
            Tribe: Ghost Wolf
            Lodge: Temple of Apollo
            Attributes: Intelligence 2, Wits 2, Resolve 2, Strength 3 (4/6/5/3), Dexterity 2 (2/3/4/4), Stamina 3 (4/5/5/4), Presence 3, Manipulation 3 (2/3/2/2), Composure 2
            Skills: Occult (Astrology) 4, Athletics 3, Brawl (Biting) 2, Survival 3, Empathy 3, Expression 3, Persuasion (Recruiting for Cult) 4, Socialize 2
            Merits: Striking Looks 1, Mystery Cult Initiation (Leading to other bonuses) 5, Fleet of Foot 3, Resources 3, Pusher, Warcry 2
            Primal Urge: 2
            Harmony: 3 (2 Bans)
            Essence: 11/2
            Health: 8 (10/12/11/8)
            Initiative: 4 (4/5/6/6)
            Defense: 5
            Speed: 13 (14/17/20/18)
            Renown: Purity 2, Glory 2, Cunning 1
            Gifts: Gibbous Moon 2, Screaming Moon Gift 1, (Dominance) Primal Allure, Glorious Lunacy, (Elementals) Tongue of Flame, (Insight) Prey on Weakness, Read the World's Loom, Scent the Unnatural, (Inspiration) Lunatic Inspiration, Fearless Hunter, (Hunting) Honed Senses, Tireless Hunter, (Pack) Maw of Madness
            Rite: Kindle Fury, Wellspring

Just throwing this in there. It's Sunchild, a sort of weirdo cult leader, building her own Temple of Apollo. She gets dreams from Apollo, the thing in space talking to her, telling her what to do. Has a very airy vibe. Amazonian, in that she's a tall, golden-skinned blonde in good shape with nice charisma. She's an enigma and has been using her powers to expand her cult. She was brought into the pack by Sparrow, who knew of her due to the cult's brushes with the law. While fully a member of the pack, she's trying to figure the best way to bring the other members over into her cult-Lodge. She's having an easier time with Jackboot than with Sparrow.

When it comes to the hunt, she's vicious and direct, primarily relying on Urshul to give her the strength to tackle and tear apart the greatest prey. While outside of the hunt she considers herself the leader, when it comes to the hunt or battle she doesn't concern herself with the others, only her and her prey.

This one might not fit. She's a member of the Temple of Apollo, so has some extra abilities that may turn the tide against vampires. But it was just having the third member be a sort of shaman and it getting away from me. As an alternative I made Moonchild, I'll post him next.

Moonchild
            Auspice: Irraka
            Tribe: Hunters in Darkness
            Attributes: Intelligence 2, Wits 3, Resolve 2, Strength 2 (3/5/4/2), Dexterity 4 (4/5/6/6), Stamina 2 (3/4/4/3), Presence 2, Manipulation 2 (1/2/1/1), Composure 2
            Skills: Crafts 1, Investigation 1, Medicine (Infections) 1, Occult 1, Athletics (Climbing Fences) 2, Brawl 2, Larceny 2, Stealth 3, Survival 2, Weaponry 2, Animal Ken (Rats) 2, Intimidation 2, Streetwise 2, Subterfuge 2
            Merits: Fast Reflexes 3, Direction Sense, Double Jointed, Parkour 2, Nowhere to Run, Flanking
            Primal Urge: 1
            Harmony: 4 (1 Ban)
            Essence: 10/1
            Health: 7 (8/9/9/8)
            Initiative: 9 (9/10/11/11)
            Defense: 5
            Speed: 11 (12/15/18/16)
            Renown: Purity 1, Wisdom 1, Cunning 3
            Gifts: New Moon 3, (City) City Eyes, (Evasion) Feet of Mist, Hit and Run, Exit Strategy, (Nature) Pack Kin, Beast Ride, (Stealth) The Hunter Waits, (Change) Skin Thief, (Hunting) Beast Talker
            Rites: Chain Rage

Moonchild was made when I realized Sunchild probably wouldn't fit. He's a homeless street-dweller who's been around a long time, but it's hard to tell how old he is. Sparrow found him after realizing werewolves were real and remembering a few court-stories she'd heard. He knows the area very well, but I didn't want to go too far in that direction mechanically since the game might not take place in a city. He's the hunter of the group, using his senses and rat-allies to keep tabs on what's going on and locate prey that's in hiding. Often he appears as a stray dog through the use of Skin Thief, hiding his urshul form in plain sight, so to speak. And urshul is the form he tends to use in combat. Despite being a loner, he's really embraced hunting with a pack, probably due to his years of doing it with rat-allies before he found the pack, and often uses his Flanking Merit to assist the rest of the group.

Not a really well fleshed out group but I think it's a decent start. With Moonchild you have an 'in the field' tracker who can use rat allies and other abilities like Nowhere to Run to locate prey. With Sparrow you have the more political and social connections and methods to hunt, as well as an example of a werewolf who isn't much of a fighter, which can be hard to see because she goes into gauru fast. With Jackboot you have more of a 'warrior' but not overpowered because he relies on a gun which vampires won't be too concerned with. And with Sunchild you have a stranger social connection that could lend itself to more anti-vampiric stuff, and have more connections to the spirit world if you so wanted it. I liked the idea of Sunchild so I kept coming back to it but for a more standard 'three Forsaken' I'd go for Jackboot, Sparrow and Moonchild.

Sunchild's original name was Jander van Heliosing.
            Last edited by nofather; 12-03-2016, 06:51 PM.

Comment

nofather, Jackboot can't have Screaming Moon, it's Cahalith only.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Thanks, that was meant for Sunchild.

She technically shouldn't have Kindle Fury, but I figure there's an interesting story behind it.
                Last edited by nofather; 12-03-2016, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Thank you guys. It was really helpful

Comment

Working...
                  X