Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worth or not? Help to decide a fellow uratha fate.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Worth or not? Help to decide a fellow uratha fate.

    Hi guys!

    I had a question on last session about a player and we got some trouble on it.

    A player with his Storm lord elodoth got a mensage from someone to get out of their territory or else everyone will die, after some trouble the pack discovered about another pack on the area an their are interested on their resources, and the main problem started there, the pack elodoth got some silver and delivered it to a vampire ally , after some trouble he commited the vampire to his cause so he would wipe the rival pack from the map, but the things dont go so smoth and he find out their got manipulated by the pures, the elodoth could't stop the vampiro anymore because their dont got any time left, so he make a desesperate effort and stroke a dangerous deal with a demon to clean up his mess.

    In the end the demon suceded on his part and got the elodoth soul, buf on renown side the elodoth deserve his four point on honor?
    I read lunes loves self sacrifice, but in the end it will really count?

    Give your opinions guys and sorry for the poor grammathic.

  • #2
    Originally I'd say no, but thinking about it I'd go the other way. He basically sent a silver-armed hitman to kill other werewolves, but sacrificed his soul to stop it, as far as I can tell.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by nofather View Post
      Originally I'd say no, but thinking about it I'd go the other way. He basically sent a silver-armed hitman to kill other werewolves, but sacrificed his soul to stop it, as far as I can tell.
      That situation got me off guarded, the elodoth, acted based on the info the irraka bring to then, our ithaeur believes he must becounished and not rewarded , but i inclined to give him the renown,after he did lose everything to atonish his mistakes.

      Comment


      • #4
        He could still be punished for it. Renown aren't necessarily good deeds, just noteworthy. Considering he armed a vampire with their vulnerability and made a deal with a demon, I'd probably punish him if I was a member of the pack. Or at least treat him differently. Some other packs, if they got wind of it, might not be pleased either.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by nofather View Post
          He could still be punished for it. Renown aren't necessarily good deeds, just noteworthy. Considering he armed a vampire with their vulnerability and made a deal with a demon, I'd probably punish him if I was a member of the pack. Or at least treat him differently. Some other packs, if they got wind of it, might not be pleased either.
          Well said, i was not seeing that way,the pack the ithaeur already want his pelt, thats is not first time that elodoth make the people pissed of, he main web of connection is the vampires and the mayor, the player is pain too since he works with this, so make a character to capilize that, pulling the strings using humans to keep the elders at bay, and etc , in a sense he help his pack , making enemies and rivals out of way, but his methods are highly questionable.

          Comment


          • #6
            What exactly has he done here that you think might be worthy of earning Honor Renown?


            - Chris Allen
            Freelance Writer, The Pack / Dark Eras / Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition / Idigam Anthology / Fallen World Chronicle / Trinity Aeon

            Comment


            • #7
              Sacrificed his soul to call off a hit that would have broken the non-killing oath of the moon.

              Comment


              • #8
                A hit that he set up in the first place, against an entire pack of werewolves, fully knowing they were werewolves at the time and, in doing so, allowed himself to be manipulated.

                ‚ÄčThere's arguably some Honor there in that he's taking the hit to own his mistake, but I personally would not let someone get Honor 4 off that.


                - Chris Allen
                Freelance Writer, The Pack / Dark Eras / Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition / Idigam Anthology / Fallen World Chronicle / Trinity Aeon

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
                  ‚ÄčThere's arguably some Honor there in that he's taking the hit to own his mistake,
                  That was the thing that made me nod to it.

                  but I personally would not let someone get Honor 4 off that.
                  I'm trying to believe that Thiagocord already knows that new dots have to surpass the old ones in scale.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Whether an act is worthy of renown is judged by the werewolf's past deeds. In theory, a deed that is enough to earn one werewolf Honor 4 could be insufficient to raise another werewolf to Honor 3. So really, the question is: Is selling his soul to fix his own mistake more honorable than whatever that werewolf did to earn his previous dots of Honor.
                    Last edited by Jaerys; 12-24-2016, 07:08 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thats more difficult to judge the last renow he got on his background to cast of his own sister to uphold the oath of moon ( she eated uratha flesh from a pure in dispair), by rule je started his character at honor using that to justify the third. Its really difficult by common sense i would think he messed up, but very little is precious to a elodoth besides his pack, i think i will let him expand his experience points and make he hold the comsequences the soul pack. Since the Damage got avoided by the demon and the rival pack has no clue of the danger that elodoth bringed to then.

                      I Will read demon the descent again, but as far remember the demon can wipe him from existence and use him as cover at any time now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Casting kin out over the Oaths of the Moon sounds more like an act of Purity than Honor to me, but I understand the lines can get blurry at times. Submitting oneself for judgement is an act of honor, as is making restitution to a victim, but I'm not sure the Elodoth has actually done either yet. He even did the exact opposite of one of the sample acts of honor: seeking a diplomatic solution with a rival.

                        I guess my questions now are: Has the Elodoth submitted himself to judgement for his actions? Was he acting alone or did the pack know he was going to send a vampire hitman armed with silver against a rival pack?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jaerys View Post
                          Casting kin out over the Oaths of the Moon sounds more like an act of Purity than Honor to me, but I understand the lines can get blurry at times. Submitting oneself for judgement is an act of honor, as is making restitution to a victim, but I'm not sure the Elodoth has actually done either yet. He even did the exact opposite of one of the sample acts of honor: seeking a diplomatic solution with a rival.

                          I guess my questions now are: Has the Elodoth submitted himself to judgement for his actions? Was he acting alone or did the pack know he was going to send a vampire hitman armed with silver against a rival pack?
                          The pack know nothing , the only ones to know anything was his vampire ally, the demon and himself. And i doubt he will call a judgement to himself since he believes he already payed for his mistake.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            In that case, I really don't think it is worthy of Honor renown. Deciding his own punishment isn't honorable, and the Soul Pact affects the whole pack. Sure, he's the one that will disappear, but it's the pack that will have a demon in their midst and they won't even realize it. Even if they know to expect it, they'll never be sure when it will happen. They'll never know if the Elodoth they're talking to is the same guy as he was last week.
                            Last edited by Jaerys; 12-24-2016, 08:49 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks for help guys , its was really good exchange experiente about the matter on hand, my main goal in that game is be fair and bring fun to my players.

                              Thanks guys!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X