[Viking Dark Era] Why not dragons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seidmadr View Post

I'll keep that in mind if OPP ever does Viking: the Sea-faring.
    Who told you about my pitch?

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
    Working on:Night Horrors: Enemy Action
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

This thread has stats for lesser and adult dragons as Horrors.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

Originally posted by GibberingEloquence View Post
        This thread has stats for lesser and adult dragons as Horrors.
        Good example. Just need to change the fire to poison, and re-fluff them a little and they work just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Seidmadr View Post
          Good example. Just need to change the fire to poison, and re-fluff them a little and they work just fine.
          Agreed. And if you wanted to have an Elder Dragon, you could increase the Potency to 8 and give them the Unbreakable and Colossus Dread Powers, as Pale Crusader suggested.

What might be a good Ban and Bane for a Nordic dragon?

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

Comment

Oh hey, that's where it went. Huh, it needs more beasties to meet... oh well.

Originally posted by GibberingEloquence View Post
            Agreed. And if you wanted to have an Elder Dragon, you could increase the Potency to 8 and give them the Unbreakable and Colossus Dread Powers, as Pale Crusader suggested.

What might be a good Ban and Bane for a Nordic dragon?
            Greed related? Fafnir and all that.

Mechs: Because even the Chronicles of Darkness needs robot fights.
            DarkFrame: Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.
            Monarch: The Endless You are an alien ruler, charged with maintaining a people who you shape to suit your needs.

Comment

I generally feel that great ancient chthonic serpents (possibly with a serpentine character type, ala naga, tied to them) are something that the WoD could use in general.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Snakes in World of Darkness seem to revolve more around wisdom, healing and dreams.

The clanbook nosferatu and nosferatu lore does make a lot of references to chthonic worms, however. I tend to view them as related to Zmai, the worm from the back of the Predators book.
                Last edited by nofather; 01-05-2017, 12:31 AM.

Comment

The bane is usually a slash along the belly, but it could be a special weapon. A creature such as a dragon would have a high level bane I would think, and high level spirits call for something specific. So a sword made of steel from the local bog or some such. The ban would have to deal with greed. Think lord of the rings smaug.

WoD-Dark Eras!! (Backed for Viking Age Werewolf)

Comment

Almarck,

Thanks for the link in your Signature, combined with these threads I have ideas for Mechs vs Dragons with other Chronicles of Darkness strangeness as timelines/alternate reality breakdown as the God-Machine throws a few pistons and grinds some gears in Palladium Rifts fashion.

Sigh, there goes my credibility as a serious Storyteller, because that is so Pulp it hurts in all the right ways. Maybe I just haven't had my dose of Action-packed Special-Effect driven blockbuster RPG in too long. Got to feed the inner child every once in a while.
                    Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 01-05-2017, 04:01 PM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
                    "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Originally posted by Pale_Crusader View Post
                      Almarck,

Thanks for the link in your Signature, combined with these threads I have ideas for Mechs vs Dragons with other Chronicles of Darkness strangeness as timelines/alternate reality breakdown as the God-Machine throws a few pistons and grinds some gears in Palladium Rifts fashion.

Sigh, there goes my credibility as a serious Storyteller, because that is so Pulp it hurts in all the right ways. Maybe I just haven't had my dose of Action-packed Special-Effect driven blockbuster RPG in too long. Got to feed the inner child every once in a while.

Well, I am glad someone finds a use for the things I brewed up.

Mechs: Because even the Chronicles of Darkness needs robot fights.
                      DarkFrame: Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.
                      Monarch: The Endless You are an alien ruler, charged with maintaining a people who you shape to suit your needs.

Comment

Working...
                      X