No announcement yet.

Are There Lodges in the Neolithic Era?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are There Lodges in the Neolithic Era?

I'm finding myself a little curious about werewolves and their society in The Sundered World.

I imagine they form very loose and temporary protectorates at the behest of Luna to take down Idigam and such, but I was wondering if Lodges have a home here yet. It seems some Lodges are very deliberately related to Tribes, but definitely not all. Maybe that answers my question but I'm pretty naive regarding Werewolf.

Anyone have thoughts?

I think there's room to write-up the various "factions" in the chapter as proto-lodges with advantages.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

If you'll check out p60, you'll find this section, speaking about the Firstborn of the time. 'A few focus all their efforts on building power only in a specific region, like the Opalescent and Incandescent twins at whose command entire clans of Uratha and humans raise up Pangaean temples to both Warden Moon and Glorious Sun.'

These sound like they could be lodges. The factions glamourweaver mentioned seem more like protectorates, or just organizations, I suppose, they aren't bound together by another being.

Society in general seems sort of like it is now, with loosely aligned packs divided by personal belief. You would probably have less mixing than you do with the Forsaken and Pure, who have packs with both Fire-Touched and Predator Kings or Iron Masters and Storm Lords. An Uratha of the Cull likely wouldn't hang out with the Mourners. So packs, if aligned to any sect at all, would likely all be members of that sect.

Some packs would mix more with humans, some follow after certain Firstborn or probably other, stranger beings. You might even find some serving an idigam.

It would be very interesting, not needing to lean on humanity or civilization so much. I wish someone who ran or played it would tell us their experiences in the game.
      Last edited by nofather; 01-01-2017, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Maybe. There aren't even tribes yet to set the ideas and parameters of the Siskur-Dah for lodges to refine, but it's possible that the Firstborn stole that idea from lesser lodges. It's also possible that some of the earliest lodges were brought together by meddling Firstborn and became the seeds that would grow into tribes. The various Uratha sects and cults also make good potential lbirth places for the earliest lodges, as a spirit that agreed with their philosophy joined forces.

Aims to write stuff you like. WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades The Trinity Continuum | Æon

Comment

I'm almost curious if the Tribes formed out of early proto-Lodges, like you say

Comment

I'd imagine lodges would exist in the neolithic because of the ancient history of Red Centre, they didn't even know about firstborn and they were still able to form neolithic lodges. If neolithic australia made a lodge with it's immensely low uratha population, neolithic europe doesn't really have an excuse :P
            Last edited by milo v3; 01-01-2017, 10:52 AM.

Comment

The Neolithic Cull has managed to survive or resurface as a lodge.

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                I'd imagine lodges would exist in the neolithic because of the ancient history of Red Centre, they didn't even know about firstborn and they were still able to form neolithic lodges. If neolithic australia made a lodge with it's immensely low uratha population, neolithic europe doesn't really have an excuse :P
                That's an excellent point.

Aims to write stuff you like. WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades The Trinity Continuum | Æon

Comment

I always took the initial groups mentioned in sundered as proto tribes.

Likely though the tribes would be formed with human tribes, being the time period. You'd have your animal warriors in the human tribe, featuring a similar make up of 2.0 tribes. In keeping with that, I could see lodges as being like a meeting of these "special" individuals.

WoD-Dark Eras!! (Backed for Viking Age Werewolf)

Comment

I didn't touch on Lodges in the Sundered World because, iirc, at the time I was still working on Lodge rules for The Pack and hadn't 100% settled on their final form as yet.

So, it's open, really. Lodges can exist in the Neolithic if you want.

That said, yes, some Lodges in the modern world can kinda-sorta-maybe claim descent from the pre-Sundering sects, or at least believe they do.

- Chris Allen
                    Freelance Writer, Deviant: the Renegade / The Pack / Dark Eras / Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition / Idigam Anthology / Fallen World Chronicle / Trinity Aeon

Comment

Working...
                    X