Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cahalith dreams

Hi guys!

Yestarday me and my group got some problems with cahalith auspice dreams, por cahalith wants his dream tell him ali the dangers and a perfect manual on how to finish a problem with no mistakes, but the storyteller says the dreams scope is the hunt and the prey.

So whats your opinion on this ? The dreams are designed as a free ticket to avoid problems? Or its a kinda premonition on the hunt at hand?

I believe since the dreams are coming from Luna's they aren't limited to the hunt or prey, though they can be topics of the dreams. Really, it's the storyteller's decision what to give them prophetic dreams about. With the first use of the ability.

With the second use of the ability, however, you just give yourself a +3 to one roll per chapter, and I'd certainly use it for something important. It's sort of like Willpower. 'Malcolm's eyes widen as he remembers the dream he had last night, showing him this exact moment, and what he needs to do.' Roll your dice, then curse because you got no successes on a dicepool of 9.

Comment

I dont think the cahalith themselves can control what they see in their dreams, if that's what you're going for. It's not controlled its random fleetings. For my cahalith I just give her signs of things to come, but vague things as a dream would be. So like a hallway with all closed doors and a flurry of black feathers. Maybe some dead babies. Varies from event to event. Never anything clear, but once she ends up in the scenario its fortelling it would make sense. So a flurry of raven spirits or claimed or some such.

WoD-Dark Eras!! (Backed for Viking Age Werewolf)

Comment

"The Storyteller simply takes the player aside and describes the dream, making it as obvious or as cryptic as he wishes. At the Storyteller’s discretion, the player can roll Intelligence + Occult to interpret facets of the dream;"

Direct quote from the Prophetic Dreams section. The ST gets full rights to describe the dream, how to make it cryptic or obvious. And the ST gets to determine if the player gets to roll to correctly interpret the dream.

The part the player gets full control over is the next paragraph. "Second, following a prophetic dream (defined as any scene that follows a night in which the character got more than four hours of uninterrupted sleep), the player can declare that a particular action or event was foretold in her dream."

In short, the player get to control when to grant a bonus. Nothing about the dream section suggests that the bonus must relate to a hunt or prey. So, in that way, the ST is wrong about dreams only being about the hunt and prey (although they do get to make a final determination on all rules at the table). But if the ST says they're running prophesies that end up giving clues only about the hunt, they're entirely right, because they get to decide what clues to give out, and how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiagocord View Post
          Hi guys!

Yestarday me and my group got some problems with cahalith auspice dreams, por cahalith wants his dream tell him ali the dangers and a perfect manual on how to finish a problem with no mistakes, but the storyteller says the dreams scope is the hunt and the prey.

So whats your opinion on this ? The dreams are designed as a free ticket to avoid problems? Or its a kinda premonition on the hunt at hand?

Your Cahalith player would hate me. I've done some ridiculously cryptic Cahalith dreams before, albeit the more cryptic they were, generally the more information they had packed into them.

- Chris Allen
          Freelance Writer, Deviant: the Renegade / The Pack / Dark Eras / Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition / Idigam Anthology / Fallen World Chronicle / Trinity Aeon

Comment

Yeah, never look at prophecies and portents as literal.

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post

Your Cahalith player would hate me. I've done some ridiculously cryptic Cahalith dreams before, albeit the more cryptic they were, generally the more information they had packed into them.
              Cool, i imagine what that player will do in that case, he only rolls a cahalith because of the dreans, he dont tell storys dont embrace glory , he kinda remember me a hi tech elodoth with dream hability

Comment

what you have on your hands is a munchkin

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Thiagocord View Post

Cool, i imagine what that player will do in that case, he only rolls a cahalith because of the dreans, he dont tell storys dont embrace glory , he kinda remember me a hi tech elodoth with dream hability
                  That can be a legit character archetype with contrary or pup Bloods.

Comment

Working...
                  X