Frequency of Basu-Ilm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequency of Basu-Ilm

I was wondering how gaming groups are handling the Death rage. Is Basu-Ilm something that happens frequently or rarely? Is it something embraced or avoided? What lengths will your players go to go into it or avoid it? If it does happen, what course does it tend to take?

I like to think it should be an infrequent occurrence but a frequent concern.

Though we do have one roughly every 3 or 4 sessions in my current game, almost half of those are intentional by our unhinged Rahu. Whereas certain other characters avoid it at all costs due to traumatizing experiences. The frequency really depends on the players/characters' willingness to death rage, the state of harmony of the pack, and the triggers in question. If my Ithaeur's trigger is 'Wounds' then he might very rarely be put into a situation to death rage.... until we finally find that Wound that's been festering in the local Psych Ward. Then for that story, he might be a hair trigger rager.

Comment

Originally posted by Amravanti View Post
      I like to think it should be an infrequent occurrence but a frequent concern.

Though we do have one roughly every 3 or 4 sessions in my current game, almost half of those are intentional by our unhinged Rahu. Whereas certain other characters avoid it at all costs due to traumatizing experiences. The frequency really depends on the players/characters' willingness to death rage, the state of harmony of the pack, and the triggers in question. If my Ithaeur's trigger is 'Wounds' then he might very rarely be put into a situation to death rage.... until we finally find that Wound that's been festering in the local Psych Ward. Then for that story, he might be a hair trigger rager.
      Thanks for responding. I am curious how it plays out. Does the pack let the Rahu deathrage while everyone else runs for cover, or does it play out differently? Does the whole pack ever fly into a rage?

Comment

Obviously a lot of it is going to depend on the game. Some packs won't even have a rahu. Some might be all rahu.

It's probably a good idea to have at least someone remain with senses so they can see what their comrades in Kuruth are doing, but Death Rage spurs other members of the pack to and resisting it at that point might be impossible. Plus without going into death rage, you are a target.

We've had the whole pack fly into Kuruth twice. Like Amravanti said, it was an infrequent occurrence, but frequent concern. It basically came up whenever one of us went gauru, in situations where they were badly hurt, or we needed the combat ability of the form.

But some players may see gauru and death rage as an acceptable 'I Win' button, to be pressed whenever the outcome is in question.

Comment

Sometimes the Elodoth pulls him out before he causes too much trouble, we never had a full on packwide death rage, but we've had times where the Rahu death raged because his turns in Gauru were almost up and he wasn't sure we could take our opponents out otherwise, and a second packmate fell into deathrage as a result, and the third managed to stay in control of himself, but eventually had to go death rage once the opponents were taken out so as to not be the target of his packmates' rage.

We were in the sewers though so it was less of a risk to anyone else.

He's definitely been chewed out for it, but I suspect the player is waiting for the Rahu (who is very young) to actually hurt someone before he learns to really fear deathrage.

Comment

Working...
          X