No announcement yet.

Wolf-Blooded lineages (brainstorming)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does not those Wolf Blooded Linages connected to particular Tribes are practicly canon as barbaric Uratha in Germania Uratha works in Forsaken by Rome Dark Era?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Yeah, they're canon since first Edition (Blood of the Wolf), but they haven't any mechanic associated, while Ghoul families and Proximi Lineages had one, so I wanted to create some for them.

About the rules revised:

​1) Many Lineages are linked to a Tribe or Lodge (in a few cases to an Auspice, too, although this is very rare). However, this is not mandatory practice.

2) Werewolves from a certain Lineage obtain a bonus of +2 to all Social rolls with wolf-blooded of that Lineage (at Storyteller discretion, that bonus may apply to other Uratha from the Tribe or Lodge associated whith that Lineage).

3) There are two kinds of Lineages, Greater and Lesser. The difference is not about the number of members, but about whether it has a Patron spirit.

​4) All members of each Greater Lineage (and from some Lesser ones, at Storyteller discretion) have a common Tell. The character can choose a second personal Tell by paying three Merits dots. Or you can change yours for another Tell by paying one dot (suffering the Foreign Tell Condition, associated with the rejection you may suffer from your family).

5) Greater Lineages have a Family Patron. A great spirit who protects the family and gives them some benefits, but also imposes them a Taboo. Mechanically, this means that all members of that Lineage receive a free variant of the Magnanimous Totem Merit, which allows them to acquire the Merit Family Totem (which functions exactly as the Totem Merit to the Uratha, but among pack members of that Lineage). The Patron determines the benefits they can gain from the Totem (usually, a subordinate spirit to the Patron), and if they break the Taboo, they lose those benefits).

6) Greater Lineages have free access to a 3-dots variant of the Moon's Grace Merit (allowing them access to Pack Tactics). This variant only works with packs with wolf-blooded from the same Lineage or wreewolves who, before the First Change, belonged to the same Lineage and pack.

NEW CONDITION: FOREIGN TELL (PERSISTENT)
      Although you belong to a wolf-blooded Lineage, your Tell is different from the Lineage's one. Although this does not turns you an outcast, you are not seen as truly belonging to the Lineage by many of its members. When you socialize with them, in the social rolls, the 10s are not repeated and the 1s subtract successes.
      Possible Sources: Perhaps one of your parents belonged to another Lineage. Or maybe Luna is just capricious.
      Resolution: You develop the Family Tell as a second Tell, or you experience the First Change.
      Beat: When you need help from your Lineage, but this is denied you because of your "impure" origin
      Last edited by Uxas; 04-01-2017, 09:22 PM.

LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

OTHERS (Spanish): Demon: The Redemption, Bloodlines: The Forgotten

Comment

SANTIAGO
        The Santiago are an ancient noble Lineage. They claim once belonged to the Grandees of Spain (the highest dignity of the Spains nobility) but lost that dignity after supporting to the Austriacists in the War of Spanish Succession, suffering a Damnatio Memoriae. But in the next centuries they recovered their power and influence, and today are one of the main players of Spanish politics and economy.
        Other surnames: Diego, Diéguez, Iago, Jacobo, Jaime, Jaimes, Jáimez, Jakob, Jaume, Yago, Yágüez
        Tribe: Storm Lords, and Crusaders of Santiago Lodge.
        Family Tell: Alfa Predator
        Patron: Grandee-of-Spain, a (or maybe, "the") spirit of Spanish nobility
        Taboo: Behaving in a vulgar way below their social position.

Alpha Predator Tell:
        The wolf-blooded is a natural born alpha, he was born to command, to lead. He knows it and people know it. However, just as its body language, its voice, its look ... it points out to an alphas, sometimes it can happen the opposite, and it delates him as a predator, so people tend to shy away.

Boon: The wolf-blooded has always shined in his social relations. People instinctively know he's an alpha born to rule. His movement, his gait, his gaze ... a multitude of microsignals on his body language point towards it. Whenever you deal with other humans, your social rolls enjoy the Repeat 9s quality.
        But for the same reason, the wolf-blooded, usedto command, does not tolerate not being obeyed or not being treated with the deference he deserves. Whenever a Social roll fails, your Benefit will be reversed (except with Intimidation). For the rest of the scene, people will not see him as an alpha, but rather as a predator (or a bully, a thug abuser) to better avoid, so their social rolls will lose the Repeat 10s quality (and obviously, Repeat 9s as well).
        This weakness does not apply to werewolves, for he knows the blood-lupine knows how to recognize a superior predator as an alpha. But it does applies with other Santiago (they are a very competitive family).

LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

Comment

CAMPEADORES
          The Campeadores are a brave warrior lineage linked to the Blood Talons, who claim being descendents of the Cid Campeador (a Blood Talon, acording the Suthar Anzuth). They use to work as military, policemen or security guards and are one of the most compromised people in the Segunda Reconquista (the current war of the Forsaken against the Pure in Spain), even more than a lot of Werewolves.
          Other surnames: Rodrigo, Rodríguez, Edrigu, Roc, Roderic, Roi, Roque, Díaz, Vivar...
          Tribe: Blood Talons
          Family Tell: A Wolf's Meat
          Patron: Espada-Colada (professedly, the spirit of one of the swords of the Cid)
          Taboo: Being a coward during a fight.

XIMENO
          The Ximeno are are an ancient family of Meigas (country witches) maybe come from the prerroman celts (although theres no evidence o them before the Middle Ages). They were specially common in Galicia and Asturias, as the local witches, healers and mediums in isolated villages). But in last 50 years, with te galician migration from rural to urban spaces, a lot of them have movedto the cities and eve to other regions of Spain.
          Other surnames: Eiximenis, Jimena, Jiménez, Jimeno, Ximena, Ximenes, Ximénez.
          Tribe: Bone Shadows
          Family Tell: As a result of their traditional isolationism, the Linaeage has evolved distintly in different villages, so they have different Tells. There are three main Tells (players can chose any of them without suffering the Foreign Tell Condition): Horse, Piercing Eyes, and Waystone.
          Patron: Forest-Cleaning, a natural Spirit.
          Taboo: Treating the spirits without the respect they deserve.
          Extra: Theres also a branch of the family who is a Proximi Lineage.

ALMOGÀVER
          The Loner Company Lodge was born with the Greek expedition of the AlmoCatalan Company in Middle Ages. They all were from humble class, despised by nobles, but their warrior spirit was great. Among them there were some wolf-blooded and even a few Werewolves, all of them Ghost Wolves. Under the protection of a martial spirit, they united in a Lodge, in order to protect themselves and other Ghost Wolves from Pure and Forsaken. Currently, from their base in Balearic Islands, they have become a mercenary company who protects other ghost wolves and fights for whoever pays them (currently, they are helping the Forsaken against the Pure in the Spanish 2nd Reconquista). In the Loner Lodge, their wolf-blooded are very respected and appreciated, being full members as any Ghost Wolf).
          Other surnames: Almogávar, Almugávar, Berenguer, Entença, Flor /de Flor, Rocafort.
          Tribe: Ghost Wolves / Loner Company Lodge
          Family Tell: Anger Issues
          Patron: Despertaferro (Awaken-Iron), a magath of different weapons, armors and martial concepts. He is the same Patron to the Lodge.
          Taboo: Don't allow or help in the mistreating of other Ghost Wolves neither their wolf-blooded.

VILLALAR (Lesser Lineage)
          In XVI Century, there was the Revolt of the Comuneros in Castilla, when a lot of Castilian cities revolted against King Charles I (the later Holy Emperor Charles V). Among the revolters there were some wolf-blooded, who, although they were not revolting against werewolves, they were cruelly punished by them, specially by the Crusaders of Santiago, whose wolf-blooded lineage (the Santiago), were allies of the king. But that unfair punishment caused a second revolt of wolf-blooded, this time against the Uratha, becoming the Villalar family (in memory of the Battle of Villalar, where the Comuneros were defeated and later punished). During centuries theyve trained to fight and hunt werewolves and rescuing other wolf-blooded from them.
          Other surnames: Acuña, Bravo, Maldonado, Pacheco o Padilla
          Tribe: None.
          Family Tell: None special. As they rescue other wolf-blooded and join the family, there's a lot of diversity among them, but the tells useful in combat are very common (Anger Issues, A Wolf's Meat or Bite, among others). Bitten is a very common second Tell.
          Patron: None. Although some spirits have offered being their Patron, they have always refused. They dont want to change a form of slavery for another one.
          Taboo: As they have no Patron, they have no mystical Taboo.
          Extra: The Villalar also are Hunters, and can use Hunter Tactics. They are not a Compact or Conspiracy, and they use to join other Hunter organizations. The most common, through, is Comisiones Humanas (Human Commissions, the Spanish version of the Union).

I also want to create a Romaní Lineage linked to the Ivory Claws, the Vargas, but I dont wanna fall in ethnic offensive stereotypes, so I have still not written it.

EDIT: English is not my first language, so is there's something that os not as clear as I would like, ask me for clarification.
          Last edited by Uxas; 04-01-2017, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Regarding your Romani Vargas lineage, it might best to split them into an American and a European branch.

Given how the Romani are stilling being persecuted to this day in Europe and how the EU doesn't really do anything about it.. maybe the European branch of the Vargas are a family that leads a radical Romani group, whose stated goal is a sovereign homeland for their persecuted people. That the Vargas, and thus the Ivory Claws, would be among this new nation's rulers goes without saying.

Given that American Romani are more assimilated, have a large presence in southern California and that one of the first Romani ethnic groups to come to America made their reputation as performers, the branch of the Vargas Family in the States is probably very high up in Hollywood and are the main ivory claw presence in the film and TV industries. They act embarrassed about their terrorist/freedom fighter cousins in Europe when asked about it by the press, but secretly send them a check every few months, after all, one must keep up the Romanipen and sharing one's success is a key pillar of that.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

That's an approximation I never thought about, but its interesting. I'll thought about it, but I'll want to be sure of not fucking it about them. I also want to invetigate the differences between the Spanish Romaníes and the East Europe Romaníes. In Spain there's less antiziganism than in other european countries (although there's still discrimination).

I'd thought on them more as a protectors (and judges and "rulers") of romaní people, as a family who acts as intermediate and judges between other romaní families. As they are a Pure Lineage (in Spain, most of Romaní population lives in Andalucía, a Pure domain in my setting), I thought on giving them some dark aspect, but I want to do it well (it has to be clear than that "darkness" comes from their Pure aspect, not their Romaní aspect). May be creating to branches, as you suggested, one linked to the Forsaken, trying to clean up the mess from the Pure branch (the main one).

Thanks for your suggestion.
              Last edited by Uxas; 04-02-2017, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uxas View Post
                That's an approximation I never thought about, but its interesting. I'll thought about it, but I'll want to be sure of not fucking it about them. I also want to invetigate the differences between the Spanish Romaníes and the East Europe Romaníes. In Spain there's less antiziganism than in other european countries (although there's still discrimination).

I'd thought on them more as a protectors (and judges and "rulers") of romaní people, as a family who acts as intermediate and judges between other romaní families. As they are a Pure Lineage (in Spain, most of Romaní population lives in Andalucía, a Pure domain in my setting), I thought on giving them some dark aspect, but I want to do it well (it has to be clear than that "darkness" comes from their Pure aspect, not their Romaní aspect). May be creating to branches, as you suggested, one linked to the Forsaken, trying to clean up the mess from the Pure branch (the main one).

Thanks for your suggestion.
                The darkness coming from the Pure side of the Vargas is kind of what I was going for with the European Vargas. Many Romani would love to have a homeland where they don't have to worry about French assholes kicking them out or the government taking their kids and that is a perfectly good to want. that the Vargas are using that dream to try and create a Pure tribes nation on top of that is the darkness part.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Working...
                X